Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to take a picture of both v1 and v2 together?

How do you like the magnetic vest?
I am as soon as I get time. I haven’t even taken off the plastic around the waist to look at that vest yet but it appeared to be properly closed.

Got my replacement set at lightning speed! Arrived a few minutes ago and l think I placed my order less than a week ago!

Haven’t done anything with the new set yet, but Mars goes up to the top of my Third Party favorites with this impressive move! And @Kit Chen was already there!

Last edited:
I also received my Joker replacement set! Thank you @Kit Chen !!!

Of course, first attempt to snap the vest closed resulted in one of my snaps "snapping" the peg right off. I hate these cheap snaps.

That said, the vest looks very clean and nicely made. I would still likely have to move the snaps further inside so they don't show when worn, so no improvement in placement.

The shirt collar looks much better though. Also, I wasn't aware but did the V1 shirt close with magnets? I have magnetic closures on my new shirt... and I love it. Also both sleeves have the french cuffs.

And happy to have my left trigger hand at last!

All in all, a very righteous move on Mars part... and a big thank you to Kit for helping make it happen!

the set 8-8-23.jpg

Last edited:
I have been procrastinating to acquire Joker. Is 1.0 or 2.0 still available from OneSixthKit or another source?
I just kept checking OneSixthKit and got lucky and one turned up. I’ve heard similar stories from others on the board, so it’s worth the time

Are there any differences in ties?

Any variances you prefer from 1.0, 2.0 or replacement set?

The 2.0 and the replacement both hang better than my untamable 1.0.

The replacement is shorter than the 2.0, but the knot is done the same way on both. It sticks out forwards from the collar, and it seems the result is that the ends hang down more naturally.

The 1.0 was short but the knot was more flush to the collar. Whatever the cause it made the ends splay out.

Was there anything else of note of the clothing difference?

It doesn't look like it.

The 2.0 and replacement shirt both have French cuffs. Never noticed how the 1.0 was done.

And what I noted the other day:

The replacement vest isn't any bigger than the magnetic 2.0. I had to pull it really tight to fasten the poppers, and then the poppers were visible, especially the top one.

The magnets are a much better solution so I put the 2.0 vest back on, but in my photo I can see that the magnet strip has crept over the edge of the fabric again and needs to be pushed back out of sight.

Sounds like both magnets and poppers are not ideal, at least in placement. Maybe the magnets need to be stitched down into place so they can't "creep" over time on that slippery glue?

I have yet to fully futz my Romero, so I'm trying to glean all the info I can to make my next futz my last futz.

Sounds like both magnets and poppers are not ideal, at least in placement. Maybe the magnets need to be stitched down into place so they can't "creep" over time on that slippery glue?

I have yet to fully futz my Romero, so I'm trying to glean all the info I can to make my next futz my last futz.

The magnet situation is more manageable than the poppers, though I hadn't expected the strip to creep again after I reglued it.

It could be due to the tension of the two halves of the vest, since it's almost as tight as a corset.

I just took these photos after pushing the strip back out of sight (though even now it's still slightly visible). I also straightened up the tie ends, but the knot could do with pulling down a bit as it tends to ride up:

IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG

Yeah, vest looks good there, but I'd like it to stay that way... I have a feeling over the next week or so the magnets will slide against the tight "corset" as you say.

I suppose there's no way to fix the magnets in place as by their very nature there is always some give. Perhaps stretching out the vest some so it isn't quite so tight on the figure?

Yeah, vest looks good there, but I'd like it to stay that way... I have a feeling over the next week or so the magnets will slide against the tight "corset" as you say.

I suppose there's no way to fix the magnets in place as by their very nature there is always some give. Perhaps stretching out the vest some so it isn't quite so tight on the figure?

One thing with the magnets is that it's easy to open the vest to futz the strip. Extra tape placed horizontally might work to offset the tension. That would be safer than using more glue.

I don't know if the vest could be stretched out. If it did it may become deformed, and pull the buttons more out of alignment.

The fasteners should really be in the back and the front should be stitched in place. I’m sure there are some characters that you might want to pose with the vest open, but I don’t think Joker ‘66 is one. Is there a seam on the back of the vest or along the side? Maybe it could be split and loosely stitched back together to take some of the pressure off the front

The fasteners should really be in the back and the front should be stitched in place. I’m sure there are some characters that you might want to pose with the vest open, but I don’t think Joker ‘66 is one. Is there a seam on the back of the vest or along the side? Maybe it could be split and loosely stitched back together to take some of the pressure off the front

I can use my leftover parts to show the vest construction.

This is the 2.0 shirt (with the collar glued closed); replacement vest, and the untameable 1.0 tie:

IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG

Back