Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power of fear

IMG_0922.jpeg
IMG_0923.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg

Ben Argrave
I'm confused, so you made changes to the figure that made it worse and now anyone that bought the 2nd batch has to pay $10 extra just to get the figure they originally ordered to match the 1st batch? And people are praising this?
45 m

Oof.gif

Caysey Herschaft
Ben Argrave just be glad they are willing to help unlike other companies that left me with this crooked buckle.

360141835_10231921563925936_3710637755102800685_n.jpg

Oof.gif

Legit question. It seems the first batch was universally loved by most everyone, hardly any complaints. Why in the world would a change in design be implemented when it was perfect to begin with?

Nice to have a 2nd batch available from Mars Toys. Especially after the fantastic MAT013-A and its numerous positive reviews.

- It's a shame that the quality isn't quite the same.

+ The service from Mars Toys is positive.

+ Responds to criticism and community requests.

Bottom line: this shouldn't happen again. Mars Toys please improve your quality control.

I am almost losing my mind, I handled a lot more serious cases before; is this figure really awful?

IMG_0931.jpeg

I am almost losing my mind, I handled a lot more serious cases before; is this figure really awful?

View attachment 650077

It's hard to say because from the various things people are reporting not every figure in this batch is identical.

The shirt collar being too small seems universal, but the waistcoat is varied. Mine closed, even after adjusting the magnet strip back under the edge of the fabric, yet others can't get it closed at all.

I didn't think the body was overly loose, yet some are reporting that as a serious issue.

The biggest disappointment is having the original release, and expecting the same great figure from the re-issue.

After futzing the waistcoat it's a mixed bag, because the magnets are an improvement over the original design. The only negative on the original was the visible poppers.

The shirt collar being too small seems universal, but the waistcoat is varied. Mine closed, even after adjusting the magnet strip back under the edge of the fabric, yet others can't get it closed at all.

I didn't think the body was overly loose, yet some are reporting that as a serious issue.

The biggest disappointment is having the original release, and expecting the same great figure from the re-issue.

After futzing the waistcoat it's a mixed bag, because the magnets are an improvement over the original design. The only negative on the original was the visible poppers.

I asked Mars to check if it's the neck collar too small or the new batch head sculpts has a slightly thicker neck, he's on trip right now and I don't have the 1st batch figure to compare

He confirmed both batches using the same body, it's small porportion regarding loosen arms and legs, those issues will be addressed if customer report to us, i have sent a few replacement bodies for 1st batch

Maybe Mars should consider never run a 2nd batch, to match the 1st batch become a curse to them now

I asked Mars to check if it's the neck collar too small or the new batch head sculpts has a slightly thicker neck, he's on trip right now and I don't have the 1st batch figure to compare

He confirmed both batches using the same body, it's small porportion regarding loosen arms and legs, those issues will be addressed if customer report to us, i have sent a few replacement bodies for 1st batch

Maybe Mars should consider never run a 2nd batch, to match the 1st batch become a curse to them now

It is ironic that the first figure was quickly lauded as "the figure of the year", and it's re-issue is now being labelled "cheap" and "awful".

I think a lot of it is to do with how good the first release was. I wrote before that if the 2.0 had been the only figure released, it would've been received more favourably, since there would be nothing to judge it against.

At least if Mars ditch second batches they could get on and produce the other characters. Many of us want them to go deep into the '66 line. There's so many villains, Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara, etc. Though that's probably a pipe dream due to the actual demand for 'lesser' characters.

I think having a second batch was a nice idea, but I agree., If I was them, I wouldn't bother again.

Comparisons are inevitable. For good or bad it's going to happen. Subsequent batches help those who were on the fence or didn't know, but you open up a new can of worms. As a business you have to decide if you want to deal with it. Having some thing come out better sucks for those that got the first run, but improvements shows commitment. "Errors" scream rushed.

I think it would've been worse the other way round.

Can you imagine the backlash if the 2nd batch had some improvements? Right after they supplied the first bach? Ooooooh, the tantrums.

2nd batches should always be inferior to teach collectors to jump on early :lol

My fault to show mars tons of demand emails and messages, never again

I've just checked first batch vs second batch and they appear to be identical. The neck plugs are the same, and there's the same amount of sculpted neck overhang on each.

I've just checked first batch vs second batch and they appear to be identical. The neck plugs are the same, and there's the same amount of sculpted neck overhang on each.
good to know, so they just need to investigate the reason for a smaller collar

While holding the sculpts to compare them it's easy to remember why the initial release was so highly praised. The sculpts are so good, and there's no discernible drop off in quality with the second batch either.

Sculpts and paint are where most companies drop the ball, but Mars' Joker heads look like high end products.

The original Joker set the bar high. The figure was so good that even the suit being too pink was forgivable.

Setting the bar high raises expectations, but they haven't hit those heady heights since. Prior to the Joker 2.0 debacle there was Penitentiary Joker trousergate, and Pagliacci Joker hat, pom pom and shoe accuracy issues (the hat is a completely wrong design; the pom poms are too small; and his footwear should've been more like white silk ballet shoes).

I'm assuming that the accuracy drop was down to budget reasons, since peripheral versions of Joker would undoubtedly sell in lower quantities and not warrant the investment.

After this blip Mars seem to be back on track with the Riddler, except for the error with the name on the boxing shorts ('Riddler' instead of 'Evergood' - the Batman series already avoided copyright by using 'Evergood' instead of 'Everlast').

Back