Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is ironic that the first figure was quickly lauded as "the figure of the year", and it's re-issue is now being labelled "cheap" and "awful".

Talk about Manic Depressant crowd.

Holy Two-Face, Batman!

I'm so eager to get my figure so I can experience the joy of Romero Joker. I wonder, not having the first version, if I will truly notice the shirt collar? And as long as the vest closes, I'm happy.

I'll likely order the "replacement set" purely in case the shirt and vest are "better".

It will probably bother you, I know it would me. I think what makes it worse is that you know there's a better version of the shirt out there. If it was an issue from the start we would complain and find a way to address it. You will address it because that's what we do in this hobby.

Maybe Mars should consider never run a 2nd batch, to match the 1st batch become a curse to them now

This is probably a good idea. If ppl don’t want to take the gamble on the initial PO and miss out after the fact, that’s on them for not ordering initially just like it would be for any other item by any other company who just do one run of a figure no matter how popular that figure may end up being.

As someone who foolishly did not order the first preorder, I will say I am eternally grateful for Mars doing a second run. We may not know all the logistics but the turnaround time was nothing short of amazing. Add to that Kit is taking it on to help communicate with Mars the issue of the shirt and help facilitate a correction asking to help cover the cost of shipping. Thank you, Kit! I will add to the comments that this is so above and beyond what is expected. This was my first purchase with you and it will not be my last! I do have Riddler on preorder.
I hope the negative comments are the minority. I hope Riddler comes out as stellar as Joker. If so, Mars won’t need to worry about second runs as their reputation will speak for itself.

This is probably a good idea. If ppl don’t want to take the gamble on the initial PO and miss out after the fact, that’s on them for not ordering initially just like it would be for any other item by any other company who just do one run of a figure no matter how popular that figure may end up being.
Lesson learned, from now on I will only suggest Mars NOT to do any 2nd batch in future, i will remind him every day, every hour, every minute

it is valid and understandable why people complain about the 2nd batch release and not meeting expectations to what the 1st batch offered when it first released.

the 2nd batch just screams rushed job to me to get it all out to meet the demand since most skipped out initially,like me who was maybe unassure of the quality that this company offered since their previous figures have not exactly been stellar or note worthy like this one. mars toy is probably at their best when they aren't copying other people's work.

i just think both parties are at fault since mars didn't meet their end in providing the same product that was offered in the first batch. maybe they think magnets are an improvement, but with most companies i feel lately magnets are a detriment since lots of factories use cheap glue. my iconiq bateman magnets didn't come glued at all :rolleyes:

with how tightly fitting the waistcoat is, its already a pain as is to snap the buttons together (in first batch), but its good that its tight fitting since he's dressed well. i can only imagine it is worse with magnets for the 2nd batch because it isn't strong enough to handle the stress of the waistcoat wanting to separate without the waistcoat being bigger and loosely fitting

it is unwarranted for certain complaints to be directed to kit by customers, but i understand their frustration. and i can understand why people are hostile towards the idea of paying for replacement parts when it was mars toy who messed up

it is valid and understandable why people complain about the 2nd batch release and not meeting expectations to what the 1st batch offered when it first released.

the 2nd batch just screams rushed job to me to get it all out to meet the demand since most skipped out initially,like me who was maybe unassure of the quality that this company offered since their previous figures have not exactly been stellar or note worthy like this one. mars toy is probably at their best when they aren't copying other people's work.

i just think both parties are at fault since mars didn't meet their end in providing the same product that was offered in the first batch. maybe they think magnets are an improvement, but with most companies i feel lately magnets are a detriment since lots of factories use cheap glue. my iconiq bateman magnets didn't come glued at all :rolleyes:

with how tightly fitting the waistcoat is, its already a pain as is to snap the buttons together (in first batch), but its good that its tight fitting since he's dressed well. i can only imagine it is worse with magnets for the 2nd batch because it isn't strong enough to handle the stress of the waistcoat wanting to separate without the waistcoat being bigger and loosely fitting

it is unwarranted for certain complaints to be directed to kit by customers, but i understand their frustration. and i can understand why people are hostile towards the idea of paying for replacement parts when it was mars toy who messed up
For example, i have similar issue with my hot toys john wick suit, I switch to eleven sculpt but the neck is too thick so it's time consuming to fix the collar, and i didn't fix it well. Missing button on both waistcoat and sleeve, thick material, tailoring aren't any better than those 3rd party companies. The only good thing is their body always solid except those Batman figures - always struggle to change the hands, they always pop out

I do agree that Mars shouldn't make any change, now the magnet is not an improvement to most people, you can always find the different from 2 production batches, it's like when you sign something, your signature won't be exactly same.

I know some people not happy with the $10 thing but what has done is done, I can't think of a better solution, unless we ask mars to eat the international shipping cost but really? is this really that serious defective issue? Personally i don't call it defect

What piss me is those people who hold off payment for weeks but end up email us saying it's awful crap ****, refund my deposit, then he go ahead to dispute the NRD on paypal

The most simple way to end this debate - just don't run any 2nd batch, DON"T

QQ图片20230717104944.jpg

But if there were no 2nd batches I would have missed out on the Present Toys Indiana Jones.
On the other hand, I can understand Kit's point of view also. It's a dilemma, no doubt.
My cousin married the second of two twins. She was the 2nd batch. He favors 2nd batches.
But I told him his wife is an exact replica while the 2nd batch Joker is not. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
But if there were no 2nd batches I would have missed out on the Present Toys Indiana Jones.
On the other hand, I can understand Kit's point of view also. It's a dilemma, no doubt.
My cousin married the second of two twins. She was the 2nd batch. He favors 2nd batches.
But I told him his wife is an exact replica while the 2nd batch Joker is not. :ROFLMAO:

Curiously, there was something very Present Toys-like about Mars' Penitentiary and Pagliacci, since they also shared the same lack of basic attention to the source material. It made me question Mars' genuine interest in 1966 Batman until they showed the depth they went into with the Riddler.

I wish Mars would stop doing second batches, because they've teased and hinted at so many upcoming figures that second batches just clog up the production. Which would explain why Joker 2.0 looked rushed.

Riddle me this: What is desired by many but also not desired by many, the same but different?

Lesson learned, from now on I will only suggest Mars NOT to do any 2nd batch in future, i will remind him every day, every hour, every minute
From a business side, I can see why you do second runs. Especially with core characters such as Joker.
Let’s say you have an edition size of 500 figures. If these are sold out, you have your clients for every other related release such as Riddler.
Who wants to purchase a 66 Riddler without a 66 Joker? I would say that there are more people buying Joker as a stand alone piece. So if you want to continue with an edition size of 500 for Riddler, you nee more people who own Joker, so a rerelease makes absolutely sense - especially with Riddler being on preorder.
Yet I can understand the frustration from Mars and you. An easy solution might be to not do a straight rerelease but a variant. Joker for example could have easily sported a more purple suit.
Finishing a set of 4 villains is not an easy task as you will lose buyers with every release and the last release still needs to sell.
Hot Toys Watchmen and Soosootoys Watchmen both failed with giving us all characters. There must be a reason and I cannot imagine those companies to leave money on the table just because of being focused on something else.

It would be kinda nice to have that exclusivity again. I mean, if people miss out, people miss out.
I’d rather have a complete set. If people miss out and don’t habe a chance to join later, they don’t buy the other figures resulting in lesser releases. A helthy line need customers. Core characters need to be available.
Maybe the rerelease was just too early.

Back