Action Figure LIMTOYS - All That Remains - 1/12 scale Jol and Elly collectible figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not entirely true. If a part or an accessory is missing Kit and Giantoy works with the manufacturer yo get their customers replacement parts. They're more than just "middlemen."
That's....what a middleman is. You don't directly go to Hot Toys or SooSooToys to get a replacement part. You ask the retailer to request it from them. I was stating that they don't have any connection to how the figure is made. They have no hand in whether a figure is delayed or not. No control over a figures release date, if that's what the person was thinking they would get from retailers.

Also nothing about wait times is exclusive to third party figures, nor was it stated anywhere that it was. It's how the hobby is in general. Some figures release quick, while the majority get delayed and pushed back. It's been this way for over a decade.

Last edited:
Yeah, so now,
Should I be worried?

Here's the page, go ahead and have a laugh at the Q&A section.
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-or...ction-figure-1?_pos=1&_sid=eca80f36f&_ss=r#qa
I have no doubt that Lim will still ship them out...eventually.
At this point I'd say it mostly depends on your patience. I'll normally defend Lim in a heartbeat, but nearly three years for a re-issue...wtf Lim?? 😕

But if you don't need the cash you paid on it, then I'd say hold on to that pre-order for a bit longer. It'll probably be the last batch they make for that guy.
However, they are also planning on 1/6 MGS stuff in the future, so there is that too look forward to. If it ever releases. lol

I wouldn't worry about losing money though. If a figure ends up getting cancelled, then Giantoy would just issue a refund. Part of their policy I believe.

They said it's under development for 1/6!

bIVVb8D.png
Im so glad I found this sub! im holding off on the 1/12 scale versions since they're too small for my liking. Hoping the 1/6 versions will be just as good :)

Lmao for real .. I've seen RRX on another thread talking smack about the buzztoys white wolf lol like at least they finally released it a bit late not years late .
Wtf are you talking about. He literally said “I like it!” and then commented on the loose ankle pegs like everyone else is. I’ll gladly link his post here if you’re just trying to stir the pot.

Wtf are you talking about. He literally said “I like it!” and then commented on the loose ankle pegs like everyone else is. I’ll gladly link his post here if you’re just trying to stir the pot.
Oh yeah my bad I didn't see the other page he wrote on after when he was talking bad about the figure being too tall on the pegs and all that .

Lmao for real .. I've seen RRX on another thread talking smack about the buzztoys white wolf lol like at least they finally released it a bit late not years late .
You mean these posts? Posts where not only do I provide info on Buzz's development process since they are friends of LIM (and were helped by LIM with factories and suppliers) and explain why he has long legs but also express my confusion with the overly negative reception some people have and share pictures and praise their first figure while pointing out the only big issue I have which is the loose ankles? An issue many others also have?
I'm guessing it's BigBreda who shared those images and will be posting his review soon.

I can't help much since I had nothing to do with it's development but some of those issues seem a bit out there?
The sculpt is far from soft they actually increased the sharpness of it so much his stubble is protruding now which is a change I didn't really like since he is mostly clean shaven when wearing this armor, his hair was also changed to add more volume and details up top.
View attachment 650993
The collar covering his neck is a matter of futzing, I think it will probably move up if you try to raise his arms up but the neck will still be visible to some extent, I do think it is too wide tho possibly to avoid staining the neck by constant contact. The shoulder pads look just like the prototype I assume you mean they look horrible when you try more dynamic poses and they lift up?

None of this figure was advertised as having real leather and it was announced before InArt and other companies came onto the scene with real leather, BuzzToys is a new company who never produced a full figure, they can't afford the costs of real leather, as far as the buttons that was a worry of mine too but if he didn't find them in the box then it's most likely a QC oversight by a factory worker, thankfully there is a small bag included with extra buttons I'm sure.
View attachment 650994
The base wasn't included in the original prototype, it seems to me like the factory just provided a really cheap one for this release so people didn't complain about a lack of a base I probably won't have him on a base anyway. LIM bodies can be produced with either tight or loose joints, I'm guessing BuzzToys decided for loose joints but I honestly can't say since I like I said, I didn't develop this figure and neither did LIM, LIM provided the body and assisted Buzz and is handling all the shipping and retailers, that's it.

In any case from all the pictures and videos I've seen myself it looks pretty much exactly like the prototype which is a great feat for a starting company, I look forward to getting him and hope it has no issues, I will be displaying him the cloak.
View attachment 650992

First collector unboxing pics, man it's gonna suck having this on the shelf knowing what a massive disappointment the show turned out to be, might put him next to Rick Grimes for the "amazing protagonist, disappointing show" duo. 😅
View attachment 651257
View attachment 651258
View attachment 651259
View attachment 651254
View attachment 651255
View attachment 651256

Seeing Chinese collectors mostly like this figure while the rest of the world almost unanimously agrees it's bad is one of the weirdest things ever since it's usually the other way around lol then I remembered that this figure was bellow $200 and I believe it still is which makes it very cheap in China. Here's a couple of pictures from Chinese collectors.
View attachment 651723
View attachment 651724

It's pretty close to the prototype imo, the only things I'm not liking is the long legs and the buttons on the pants falling out so I asked about the legs and it seems like BuzzToys used the old LIM long pegs, probably to make him feel taller and more menacing which resulted in the more loose connection and long leg look.

I also see similarities between the Hot Toys sculpt, I'm inclined to believe it was used as a base but tweaked and stylized to fit Buzz's style, the lower jaw, mouth, chin, ears, and some other details all seem different to me, overall I dig the sculpt it's not 100% accurate but I can look at it and see Henry as Geralt, to me it looks better than Soosoo's, I wonder if Threezero is going to use a scan of Henry if they do make Witcher figures since they did that with some of the actors in TWD.

Anyway I'm excited and anxious to get mine as it will probably be the only TV Geralt in my collection since I'm really starting to cut back on collecting unless it's video game related, I hope mine has no issues since I don't like messing with my purchased figures but I'm very tempted to change the pegs and see what can be done about the buttons cause in case mine are unglued I do not want to try to glue tiny dots with my clumsy hands on that pants material, recipe for disaster.

Toss a coin to your Witcher. O' valley of plenty!
View attachment 651945
Received him today from @Kit Chen in record time of only 5 days and just before the final episodes with Henry are released, somewhat poetic but also sad.

I like him! The normal sculpt is great, love the yellow and orange eyes, I wish the stubble was less visible but doesn't look as dark in person and definitely bears Henry's likeness but somewhat stylized. The toxicity sculpt stays in the box. 😅

Armor and clothes are ok, I understand why they did the shoulder pads the way they did, it allows for a lot of articulation and tbh I had no issue messing and adjusting mine while playing with him. My buttons came stuck on the pants which is a relief! The pleather on the figure and the swords bag feels very thick so I'm guessing it will last for a while, I've asked about the pants and it seems it might be the same material used on Spider-Man suits from Hot Toys. Also the cloak looks great but it does feel like it will need a wash.

The swords are badass and I love the shiny finish, I like the inclusion of the Kikimora leg and the coin purse, it helps set the scene of him coming back from a contract and collecting his pay.

There's a couple of issues I have with mine. The ankle pegs are indeed loose, if you can I recommend replacing them since it could also help with his long legs, he is a tall figure because of them. The ankle pegs wouldn't really bother me since I have other figures with really flimsy ankles if he came with a sturdy base which unfortunately he doesn't, it's a really cheap KO base with a stick that doesn't attach properly, I will be looking on eBay for a custom base but for now I've properly secured the stick with some tack as well as his ankles which really helps.

Aside from those two things I'm happy with the figure, it will be interesting to see how it compares with SooSoo's since theirs will probably use a bigger and more muscular Worldbox body so he might look even bigger than this one.

Here's a few more pics, I'll miss Henry in the role but I won't miss the show.
View attachment 651946
View attachment 651947
View attachment 651948
View attachment 651949
I get it that you and a lot of people are frustrated with the fact the old LIM figures still haven't released. Trust me when I say it's even more frustrating for us having to deal with incompetent factories and our production having to be spread across multiple factories, some of which unfortunately closed due to Covid. So I tried to be reasonable and not comment on any more production dates or give updates since it was always met with the same sarcasm and skepticism from several people, which is understandable.

The thing is you and a few others have now taken this a bit too personal for my taste, if you don't like me fine I don't care but if you want to spread falsehoods about me then do it in a place where I won't see it so I can't call you out on your ********. Same applies to the others that have been spreading lies such as the LIM Facebook group kicking people out for talking about the delays or criticizing the figures when nobody has been banned and commenting on LIM threads and replying to my posts to stir the pot and then disguise their intentions behind "concern and frustration".

The waiting is bad and I totally understand the frustration but if you and others want to attack me because of it you can kindly **** off and never buy another figure from LIM again, I'm sure all your "concerns" will go away if you do so.

You gotta love it when people wanna **** on people & cause drama for things they have little to no experience on how things work. You guys being rude and disrespectful will get your toys at some point and you’re not being robbed so stay respectful. R_R_X & LIM just know many of us appreciate the hard work and the updates over the course of every product you’ve guys have made/been working on.

Honestly, the mods need to start banning people for harassing company reps like this. I'd be frustrated too if I was waiting for years but rather than put words in people's mouths...just cancel the order and be done with it. These are collectibles for god's sake. At least we always had updates on what was happening behind the scenes for some transparency. For many, that was good enough. It's ridiculous that a few idiots have that taken away.

Y’all need to be respectful for Lim and @R_R_X. They’re consistently putting high quality figures in 1/6 and 1/12 scale on the market and are one of the very best companies out there. Good things come to those who wait and y’all should be very very grateful that they do these for us collectors. No one on the market is going to make better gaming figs than Lim, and I’m honestly hyped for any figures they do in the future, but harassing them and acting entitled ain’t gonna get you your toy faster. Be respectful and kind to them. You’ll get your figures if you’re patient. Im beyond excited for their Red Dead/ Last of Us figures too but y’all need to chill. Be patient, and stay hyped. They haven’t let us down and don’t harass them just because your impatient. @R_R_X, we’re grateful for you as a community and we’re excited, but don’t let these people who don’t have manners get to you, we’re grateful for your work and will support y’all no matter what. Remember, positivity is key, be nice and don’t harass people.

No worries, without having been able to see any updates during that time period, your confusion and frustration is understandable. They've been providing small updates throughout that time. Sculpts were completely redone, new bodies sculpted, clothing improved, etc etc. R_R_X even posted an update to the production accessories a few pages back if you check. They said release for this would be Q2-Q3 2023 so keep your fingers crossed that they achieve it. Keep your eye on this forum and on FB. Great resource and where you'll find the latest updates from various companies. You won't get them from retailers themselves for the most part.

ZjLysD4.jpg
ndYyJ6B.jpg
jTBVENZ.jpg
Quk766a.jpg
Their quality is absolutely incredible. This makes me so excited for 1/12 Gunslinger and 1/12 Cowboy as well. Goodness gracious, I know I’m gonna have a diorama or something with the red dead figs and the last of us figs. I simply can’t wait for this!!!!

@R_R_X just know that many of us here seriously appreciate all the hard work you and LimToys do to bring us high quality figures of our favorite video game characters. Its sad, but 1/6 collectible figures are an often forgotten, neglected market within the videogame fandom. Without companies like LimToys many of my most charished collectibles would simply not exist. Nate, Aloy, Joel, Ellie, John and Connor just to name a few LimToys has decided to recreate. I seriously couldn't dream of a better upcoming roster for 1/6 figures!

Recently, I have noticed a lot of negativity and drama in Lim related threads, but I hope you and the Lim Team know that a vast majority of us are willing to wait as long as necessary to ensure a quality product. Also, It's been nice having you back on the board posting regularly. I and many others love reading your thoughts and industry insights on various 1/6 figures. You've always been super transparent and it's easy to tell you love the figures and characters just as much as we do and it's great!

Just know that the naysayers are not the majority and LimToys has and continues to be one of the best in the business. Besides, most naysayers have nothing insightul to say and I'm willing bet that most will conveniently forget all of their criticisms as soon as the figures are released.

Back