Action Figure LIMTOYS - All That Remains - 1/12 scale Jol and Elly collectible figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes there’s nothing to update if they’re carrying on what they were doing in the last update. Keep waiting.

Hi all. I'm just gonna copy paste my reddit thread.

Does anyone know how to contact LimToys?

Hi all

I ordered 1/12 Lim Toys Aehab from GianToy ... Years ago now. A supposed second run. And every few months they push back the supposed release date by a few more months and say that Lim set the new date.

Lim's Instagram and Twitter have been abandoned for years,
does anyone know where I can ask them if they're actually still working on this release or if I've just been being strung along?

Thanks.

Hi all

I ordered 1/12 Lim Toys Aehab from GianToy ... Years ago now. A supposed second run. And every few months they push back the supposed release date by a few more months and say that Lim set the new date.

does anyone know where I can ask them if they're actually still working on this release or if I've just been being strung along?

Thanks.
They have an active fanpage on facebook but any criticism there and you will be blocked and thrown out of the group.

Can’t believe these Joel and Ellie figures still haven’t been released after 3 years and Connor has been going on 4 years now. Limtoys get your **** together.

Hi all

Thanks.
I've had him preorderd for awhile now as well. Pretty sure they're still working on it. Really doubt Lim would string anyone along like that.

I've had him preorderd for awhile now as well. Pretty sure they're still working on it. Really doubt Lim would string anyone along like that.
It's less LIM I'm worried about and more about GianToy stringing me along since I can't personally Verify that LIM is posting those updates anywhere.

If their Instagram or Twitter ever updated with "gotta push this back again because of X" I'd have a much easier time believing the figure is ever going to come out.

Also, since it's a second run, shouldn't all the logistics be in place more or less?
Factory time aside, there's no development to wait on, just "do this again"

I'm a toy collector, but *this* is an area where I'm not too familiar with, But from an outsider perspective, it's absolutely nuts to place a preorder, what's dawning on three years ago and to not hear anything public facing from the company about it.
I can't fathom that many others havnt cancelled their preorders just assuming the company went under.

It's less LIM I'm worried about and more about GianToy stringing me along since I can't personally Verify that LIM is posting those updates anywhere.

If their Instagram or Twitter ever updated with "gotta push this back again because of X" I'd have a much easier time believing the figure is ever going to come out.

Also, since it's a second run, shouldn't all the logistics be in place more or less?

I'm a toy collector, but *this* is an area where I'm not too familiar with, But from an outsider perspective, it's absolutely nuts to place a preorder, what's dawning on three years ago and to not hear anything public facing from the company about it.
I can't fathom that many others havnt cancelled their preorders just assuming the company went under.
Giantoy and OneSixKit are two of the most reputable Asian retailers around, so I don't think we have anything worry about from their end.
I'll admit, I don't understand the process for re-issued figures either. @R_R_X is part of the Lim crew, maybe he'd care to shed some light on it?
I purchased the Aehab Snake figure about year ago as well. It was In Stock when I bought it, but then immediately changed to a Preorder item right after. So an update would definitely be nice.
As for Joel & Ellie, I think they were supposed to be released two months ago, so I'm not sure what happened to that release date?

R_R_X posts updates on this forum, otherwise join the Limtoys facebook group, they don’t really update twitter/insta. If there’s no updates posted it’s because they’re just carrying on/refining things, you just have to get used to the wait with 3rd party.

You're dealing with unlicensed figures so there isn't really any "rules" to begin with. Not to mention GianToy and OneSixthKit are simple middleman retailers who gets their stock from different distributors. They have no direct connection to the figures being made. They're simply providing a service for you to be able to get the figure. That said, both are among the best retailer when it comes to these things.

Something to keep in mind for this hobby though is that a lot companies don't offer communication or updates. You do get them here and there but in general it's a matter of preordering and then waiting 1-2 years for the figure to release. If you're lucky, you'll get some updates throughout production from the company but I wouldn't go into this hobby expecting your hand to be held until the figure is at your doorstep.

You're dealing with unlicensed figures so there isn't really any "rules" to begin with. Not to mention GianToy and OneSixthKit are simple middleman retailers who gets their stock from different distributors. They have no direct connection to the figures being made. They're simply providing a service for you to be able to get the figure. That said, both are among the best retailer when it comes to these things.

Something to keep in mind for this hobby though is that a lot companies don't offer communication or updates. You do get them here and there but in general it's a matter of preordering and then waiting 1-2 years for the figure to release. If you're lucky, you'll get some updates throughout production from the company but I wouldn't go into this hobby expecting your hand to be held until the figure is at your doorstep.
Not to get too defensive but I've already been waiting 3 years with literally no public facing word.
Anybody else would have cut and run by now..

Not to say I'm mad or anything,
But basically I'm here because I had to do a research and find a Forum thread in 2023, to find any hide or hair that LIM was even still in business.

I joined the Facebook group and am waiting approval.
But generally from a business perspective, id think itd good idea to make sure your customers know you still exist, including the leymen who happened to find a preorder somewhere and arnt' so ingrained in the community XD.

Anyways, ultimately what I learned here is that
Yes. LIM still exists
And I can safely presume Giantoy isn't just making up new dates three years later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230705-142050.png
    Screenshot_20230705-142050.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
Not to get too defensive but I've already been waiting 3 years with literally no public facing word.
Anybody else would have cut and run by now..

Not to say I'm mad or anything,
But basically I'm here because I had to do a research and find a Forum thread in 2023, to find any hide or hair that LIM was even still in business.

I joined the Facebook group and am waiting approval.
But generally from a business perspective, id think itd good idea to make sure your customers know you still exist, including the leymen who happened to find a preorder somewhere and arnt' so ingrained in the community XD.

Anyways, ultimately what I learned here is that
Yes. LIM still exists
And I can safely presume Giantoy isn't just making up new dates three years later.
No worries, without having been able to see any updates during that time period, your confusion and frustration is understandable. They've been providing small updates throughout that time. Sculpts were completely redone, new bodies sculpted, clothing improved, etc etc. R_R_X even posted an update to the production accessories a few pages back if you check. They said release for this would be Q2-Q3 2023 so keep your fingers crossed that they achieve it. Keep your eye on this forum and on FB. Great resource and where you'll find the latest updates from various companies. You won't get them from retailers themselves for the most part.

ZjLysD4.jpg
ndYyJ6B.jpg
jTBVENZ.jpg
Quk766a.jpg

WW2
No worries, without having been able to see any updates during that time period, your confusion and frustration is understandable. They've been providing small updates throughout that time. Sculpts were completely redone, new bodies sculpted, clothing improved, etc etc. R_R_X even posted an update to the production accessories a few pages back if you check. They said release for this would be Q2-Q3 2023 so keep your fingers crossed that they achieve it. Keep your eye on this forum and on FB. Great resource and where you'll find the latest updates from various companies. You won't
No worries, without having been able to see any updates during that time period, your confusion and frustration is understandable. They've been providing small updates throughout that time. Sculpts were completely redone, new bodies sculpted, clothing improved, etc etc. R_R_X even posted an update to the production accessories a few pages back if you check. They said release for this would be Q2-Q3 2023 so keep your fingers crossed that they achieve it. Keep your eye on this forum and on FB. Great resource and where you'll find the latest updates from various companies. You won't get them from retailers themselves for the most part.

ZjLysD4.jpg
ndYyJ6B.jpg
jTBVENZ.jpg
Quk766a.jpg
I saw those, and they look great, but I'm actually on the 1/12th Aehab rerun.
I saw it mentioned a few places in this thread so I thought it would be the best spot to poke my nose in.

That's not entirely true. If a part or an accessory is missing Kit and Giantoy works with the manufacturer yo get their customers replacement parts. They're more than just "middlemen."

Back