Action Figure LIMTOYS - All That Remains - 1/12 scale Jol and Elly collectible figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s legitimate.

Cancelling because you were giving grief to a brand rep and he told you to cancel if you don’t want to wait while they fix issues to try and realize a good final product does equate to rude.

That’s legitimate.

Cancelling because you were giving grief to a brand rep and he told you to cancel if you don’t want to wait while they fix issues to try and realize a good final product does equate to rude.
I'm not giving grief to anyone actually.

Well, to play the apparent devil’s advocate, one of the posts where we were told to cancel our orders by a company affiliate wasn’t responding to any direct harassing/griefing. Making a general comment, even sarcastically, about wait times in no way falls under the definition of either of those.

While we’re at it, banning members due to perceived brand rep harassment isn’t a bad idea at all per se, and that should honestly be in the best interest of the forum staff so that companies can be more confident when engaging with us.
But…. considering A) The broad scope of those terms are already being reinterpreted by members insisting the consequences may be applied to comments asking legitimate questions or indirect sarcastic observations, and B) R_R_X isn’t technically an official account promoting the brand, is not obligated to adhere to official guidelines or premium member fees like Asmus is, for example, then only the existing forum rules relating to standard codes of conduct would apply here anyway.

Not exactly sure where or how the lines would need to be drawn if rules benefitting brand reps were to be made here, but they wouldn’t affect this thread.

If we cancel like we were asked to do will LIM pay our NRD?
I didn't "ask" anyone to cancel, I said you are free to not buy any future LIM products. If you don't want to pay for your order once these figures ship you will lose the NRD, it's in the name after all, Non Refundable Deposit.
Well, to play the apparent devil’s advocate, one of the posts where we were told to cancel our orders by a company affiliate wasn’t responding to any direct harassing/griefing. Making a general comment, even sarcastically, about wait times in no way falls under the definition of either of those.

While we’re at it, banning members due to perceived brand rep harassment isn’t a bad idea at all per se, and that should honestly be in the best interest of the forum staff so that companies can be more confident when engaging with us.
But…. considering A) The broad scope of those terms are already being reinterpreted by members insisting the consequences may be applied to comments asking legitimate questions or indirect sarcastic observations, and B) R_R_X isn’t technically an official account promoting the brand, is not obligated to adhere to official guidelines or premium member fees like Asmus is, for example, then only the existing forum rules relating to standard codes of conduct would apply here anyway.

Not exactly sure where or how the lines would need to be drawn if rules benefitting brand reps were to be made here, but they wouldn’t affect this thread.
I'm not paid to be a rep, I gave updates because I wanted to and because I though they would be appreciated. Once people took it too far and I stopped giving any updates then it was like I was never here for 3 years doing my best to stay transparent and give people info on what was happening with production.

Nobody would ever talk about their issues with production as I did yet some people behave like I'm a liar or acting in bad faith.

Don't get me wrong people can and should criticize LIM all they want and the figures that doesn't bother me, what bothers me is people saying false things about me and stalking my posts in other threads and trying to get a rise out of me. It worked and I've said my piece.

And I appreciate people sharing words of support but I also don't want people white knighting for me and for everyone to turn on each other, as I said previously I am done posting updates if people want them they will have to look for them in the Facebook group or wait for others to share them here, if anything needs to be clarified I will help.

But for now I would just like to enjoy discussing collectibles as a collector, people can be frustrated and dislike me as an extension of LIM all they want, just don't spew a bunch of falsehoods about my person because of your grievances with LIM's admittedly frustrating and long delays.

I didn't "ask" anyone to cancel, I said you are free to not buy any future LIM products. If you don't want to pay for your order once these figures ship you will lose the NRD, it's in the name after all, Non Refundable Deposit.

I'm not paid to be a rep, I gave updates because I wanted to and because I though they would be appreciated. Once people took it too far and I stopped giving any updates then it was like I was never here for 3 years doing my best to stay transparent and give people info on what was happening with production.

Nobody would ever talk about their issues with production as I did yet some people behave like I'm a liar or acting in bad faith.

Don't get me wrong people can and should criticize LIM all they want and the figures that doesn't bother me, what bothers me is people saying false things about me and stalking my posts in other threads and trying to get a rise out of me. It worked and I've said my piece.

And I appreciate people sharing words of support but I also don't want people white knighting for me and for everyone to turn on each other, as I said previously I am done posting updates if people want them they will have to look for them in the Facebook group or wait for others to share them here, if anything needs to be clarified I will help.

But for now I would just like to enjoy discussing collectibles as a collector, people can be frustrated and dislike me as an extension of LIM all they want, just don't spew a bunch of falsehoods about my person because of your grievances with LIM's admittedly frustrating and long delays.

Unfortunately, I don't think a forum exists that doesn't have at least a few snarky, smart ass jerk members who think they know everything. And with you being a Lim employee, you'll always be the first one they target when they have something to say about one of your products.
Getting into arguments with someone online is literally the most useless thing in existence imo. Wasted too much time doing that myself back in the day.
At the end of the day, all you can do is say **** it, ignore 'em and keep moving forward.
Hopefully you'll reconsider and come back with the updates again some day. They were definitely appreciated and are greatly missed!

Unfortunately, I don't think a forum exists that doesn't have at least a few snarky, smart ass jerk members who think they know everything. And with you being a Lim employee, you'll always be the first one they target when they have something to say about one of your products.
Getting into arguments with someone online is literally the most useless thing in existence imo. Wasted too much time doing that myself back in the day.
At the end of the day, all you can do is say **** it, ignore 'em and keep moving forward.
Hopefully you'll reconsider and come back with the updates again some day. They were definitely appreciated and are greatly missed!

The thing you said about online argument cannot be overstated. Arguing online is like arguing with a stupid person, as Mark Twain said, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Nuance is dead, and from what I have seen, there needs to be a mutual trust between the arguing parties that the other side has the mental capacity to appreciate your arguments, see all the nuances and depth, without you having to spell everything out for them. Online, I have observed a tendency of people to purposefully avoid this mental exercise or misconstrue your arguments just to beat you.

The only time I have actually seen an argument that isn't between "stupid" people, that isn't riddled with bias and preconceptions, is in a moot court (as a law student).

Well said my friend, thank you.

I wonder why Limtoys released Leon RE2 on time without much delay, but with this one, the timing seems to be significantly off.

I don't mind waiting for the figure's release, and I know Limtoys strives for excellence, but the time estimate is quite perplexing to me.

Just provide us with a slightly more accurate time estimate like before with, that would be easier to accept it for everyone. 🥺

I wonder why Limtoys released Leon RE2 on time without much delay, but with this one, the timing seems to be significantly off.

I don't mind waiting for the figure's release, and I know Limtoys strives for excellence, but the time estimate is quite perplexing to me.

Just provide us with a slightly more accurate time estimate like before with, that would be easier to accept it for everyone. 🥺
It was explained somewhere ages ago, so forgive me if the details are fuzzy. R_R_X may correct me when he pops in this thread at some point.

Jol&Elly were started at the old factory that they continued to have problems with (poor output, things having to be redone). By the time they’d decided to start production on Leon they used the new one, which was that much better he came out (reasonably) on time and they were so pleased with the results that they then decided to switch Jol&Elly to the new factory too (more or less) starting from scratch which is why it has taken so long, all that time before Leon was essentially wasted.

I believe the Connor figures had the same process of being restarted in the new factory in the same way.

Astro Keneda

4 m ·

I’m just gonna leave this right there
👀

368047469_10159291651355880_873311962880845678_n.jpg

Limtoys:
1/12 clickers coming up for Pre-order soon!
*Update:
1/12 Joel and Ellie are planned to be released in Q2 this year. More final product pics coming soon!
View attachment 636267
Updated pics of Joel and Ellie. Still hope Lim plans to do 1/12 Cowboy and hopefully we get some promotional pics of 1/12 Gunslinger soon!

Attachments

• 120F59B6-2C6F-4F3D-8D09-290E297FA5F1.jpeg
    120F59B6-2C6F-4F3D-8D09-290E297FA5F1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back