Jumptrooper Toy Fair 2016 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm falling into that line of thought as well. Only thing is I don't like the shiny ones. I prefer the weathered ones although I did buy the Spacetrooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the exact opposite - tried to like my sandtrooper but in the end I just sold him. Stormtroopers should be shiny, like a Seventies medallion.

I'm conflicted....my daughter and girlfriend are probably expecting some nice summer holiday thing.....and along comes a battle weathered stormie!
(and everybody knows Stormtroopers should be in pairs at least!)

sideshow only doing 1 piece per person. can't find this in any of the European online stores yet and am a little skeptical of PO's coming off ebay. (should I be or are there some known good dealers on ebay that would really be shipping the legit figure?)

that pack is coming right off and going in the dumpster....

I'm conflicted....my daughter and girlfriend are probably expecting some nice summer holiday thing.....and along comes a battle weathered stormie!
(and everybody knows Stormtroopers should be in pairs at least!)

sideshow only doing 1 piece per person. can't find this in any of the European online stores yet and am a little skeptical of PO's coming off ebay. (should I be or are there some known good dealers on ebay that would really be shipping the legit figure?)

that pack is coming right off and going in the dumpster....

Timcent88 on ebay is legit.

Wanted to hang fire on this one, but not sure what to do now with it being one per customer on SS. Anybody see this selling out quickly, like the gold Stormtrooper?

I like this, but it would be even better if it had the holster and gun of a regular Stormtrooper. I think I'll just wait on the Han Solo version, though I am tempted by this.

I'd be tempted by this to use for an additional weathered Stormtrooper but the price is too much for me to bite. I can see this sitting around for a while. Plus we'll be getting more Original Trilogy design Troopers once Rogue One hits so no real rush. I think Han in Trooper disguise would have been a better exclusive.

I'd be tempted by this to use for an additional weathered Stormtrooper but the price is too much for me to bite. I can see this sitting around for a while. Plus we'll be getting more Original Trilogy design Troopers once Rogue One hits so no real rush. I think Han in Trooper disguise would have been a better exclusive.

Maybe he will be the Celebration exclusive?

I thought about just waiting for the Magma Trooper, but then again I currently only have one Imperial trooper (the Spacetrooper), and of course one simply cannot have just one Imperial Stormtrooper. Thus, I ordered the Jump trooper, and eagerly await the potential announcement of the Magma Trooper.

I'll be getting this for sure along with the Magma-trooper, it's the Shocktrooper I'm still on the fence with.
What will really be interesting to see is if Hot Toys just plans on using BattleFront as an excuse for more ways to milk the Stormtrooper design only or will they use BattleFront as an excuse to offer the other troopers without technically stepping on Sideshow's toes. A BattleFront Scout, Snowie etc.

Last edited:
I'll be getting this for sure along with the Magma-trooper, it's the Shocktrooper I'm still on the fence with.
What will really be interesting to see is if Hot Toys just plans on using BattleFront as an excuse for more ways to milk the Stormtrooper design only or will they use BattleFront as an excuse to offer the other troopers without technically stepping on Sideshow's toes. A BattleFront Scout, Snowie etc.
Yeah, I'm definitely passing on the Shocktrooper. The Magmatrooper and Jumptrooper designs fit in well with the other OT Stormtroopers, but the Shocktrooper doesn't. That red paint scheme just doesn't work for me with that armor, especially when placed alongside OT Stormtroopers.

Essentially, for me the Magmatrooper and Jumptrooper look as though they're straight out of a never-before-seen OT film. The Shocktrooper, however, looks like a fan-made design (except for the cool backpack).

The only thing that bothers me about the Jumptrooper is the blasters he comes with. One of them is a Rebel blaster (the A280), the other is a scout pistol which looks weird to me in the hands of anyone but a Scout trooper. I would have preferred he come with the pistol that the original HT stormtrooper came with, and the E-11 or the DLT-19, all of which are in Battlefront. The RT-97C (the MG-15 with oddly placed scopes all over it) is fine, as it's an Imperial blaster.

Jumptroopers are also in the Force Unleashed games. I just downloaded them on Xbox One to revisit each and forgot those guys were in there. Pretty cool.

Jumptroopers are also in the Force Unleashed games. I just downloaded them on Xbox One to revisit each and forgot those guys were in there. Pretty cool.
They had a different design in TFU; sort of a fusion of your standard Stormie and a Biker Scout.

TFU had some cool looking Stormtrooper variants. I particularly liked the Navy Commando troopers in the Wii and PS2(?) versions.

The only thing that bothers me about the Jumptrooper is the blasters he comes with. One of them is a Rebel blaster (the A280), the other is a scout pistol which looks weird to me in the hands of anyone but a Scout trooper. I would have preferred he come with the pistol that the original HT stormtrooper came with, and the E-11 or the DLT-19, all of which are in Battlefront. The RT-97C (the MG-15 with oddly placed scopes all over it) is fine, as it's an Imperial blaster.

I thought the gun choices were interesting too. Maybe a hint that we'll see a scout, rebel trooper, and another sandtrooper.

There's many different weapons you can get in Battlefront including the scout pistol as sort of a secondary weapon. I think they just included a few different ones for that reason.

There's many different weapons you can get in Battlefront including the scout pistol as sort of a secondary weapon. I think they just included a few different ones for that reason.

Maybe my SS Scout can have a properly sized blaster now. :lol

I'm aware. It's just weird having an Imperial come with a Rebel rifle.

Back