DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run Phoenix, run!
As fast as you can!
You might be a Vegan but,
Crowe is not!

russell-crowe-2.jpg

Is he.... digging in his ass?

DDL has retired, sadly. Phantom Thread was his last film. And yeah, I'd love to see it too, but at this point I don't think it's getting made. Marty went all out on The Irishman and he got no awards, which must have hurt a bit; it was his passion project for a long while. Plus, he's 77, he's no ripe orange. Eastwood's still making films though, so who knows?

It's a bit of a shame that there's not a whole lot of Rome stuff out there. There's HBO's Rome with its untimely cancellation, BBC's "I, Claudius", a couple of old films, some modern stuff like Gladiator, Centurion, etc, and Starz's Spartacus. Spartacus is half schlocky fun and half Deadwood-style dialogue, but it never really grabbed me. I want to like it, and I kinda do, but I watch an episode every few months. Then there's the awful Britannia show, but... ugh. There a couple of good comics though, like "The Eagles Of Rome".

51X8zc-ET7L.jpg

The Renaissance has a lot more material by comparison. But the reason is pretty obvious. It's why all the Sword & Sandal and Historical Epics all died. The sets and costumes are too expensive, you cannot just grab a couple of extras from New York to populate those periods, and the audience for them is sadly too limited these days. Capeflicks can just be made with a geen screen and cheap props, so studios prefer them. But hey, sometimes we get such Kinos as BBC's Troy! I'm not gonna post a pic, we all know what I'm talking about.

Will look into that comic!

Will look into that comic!

If you're okay with it remaining unfinished. At least until Marini continues it. If you like the art there's also The Scorpion:

3c24b0a37f893d444d209293f3e0fd4f.jpg

It's Italian Indiana Jones in the 18th Century.

And Raptors:

Raptors_1.png

It's about Vampires.

He also did a recent (gorgeous) Batman story, The Dark Prince Charming:

batmandarkprincecharmingbanner.jpg

I can't remember if anything else of his has been translated.

Innaccurate. Should be a brighter red suit jacket with side vents, and a green bubble patterned bra. I couldn't get into it.

Ok that is the best easter egg I have ever seen created.

I didn?t even believe it thought it had to be a fake so I just went and played the movie and it is 100% legit.

Jaw = Dropped
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool...

IDK.. I am starting to have bad feeling about this movie.. Getting the old... Its way overrated feeling. I mean it was OK but I dont think its the masterpiece others have been giving it..

I think for me its the damn ending on the De Niro show.. I hate the who thing. I hate De Niro's performance... I hate the turn in delivery that JP gives during that moment..... I hate his reasons he gives for his actions..

Hell I dont even like the Dancing on the Stairs scene... I blame the musical cue for that.

Its these moments that I think of when I think of this movie and it makes me hate it.

I don?t hate the movie hell I dearly love some scenes like the subway and stairs and leading up to his appearance on the Murray show but his whining to Thomas Wayne and whining to Murray was pretty eye rolling for me like really did he just go off like that plus his mom back story is pretty shallow.

That is still one hell of an easter egg though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think this is the most complete Joker portrayal. Hell the movie is about the Joker, not Batman, not Gordon and the side-bar character (yes I'm talking about you Harvey Dent...) A great movie and very re-watchable.

Back