SECOND Joker movie in development at WB starring............. Jared Leto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm completely serious. Hate to break it to you but the vocal minority doesn't represent "everyone." His version sucks because a few people on a toy forum said so? :lol

Jared is an amazing actor and deserves another shot at playing the Character. Besides Harley Quinn, he was the only decent thing to come from that terrible movie. It's hard to know how good he could've been in that role with such a small amount of screen time.

No, plenty of people outside of this toy forum disliked or hated his performance. I don’t know anyone in real life who enjoyed it. Well except for my older brother lol

His Joker was just piss poor, IMO. That doesn’t take away the fact that Jared is a good actor.

I don't remember much about his performance, I've only seen it once. I don't like the look they went for, I know that much. I can understand why they felt the need to go for something different than each of the others though.

No, plenty of people outside of this toy forum disliked or hated his performance. I don’t know anyone in real life who enjoyed it. Well except for my older brother lol

His Joker was just piss poor, IMO. That doesn’t take away the fact that Jared is a good actor.

Doubt it. I haven't met one person who thinks otherwise. Ive heard people say they hated the "look" of his character but not necessarily the portrayal.

I'm completely serious. Hate to break it to you but the vocal minority doesn't represent "everyone." His version sucks because a few people on a toy forum said so? :lol

Jared is an amazing actor and deserves another shot at playing the Character. Besides Harley Quinn, he was the only decent thing to come from that terrible movie. It's hard to know how good he could've been in that role with such a small amount of screen time.

Lol a few people on a toy forum? Try the the vast majority of fans who saw the movie. And even though he’s a good actor and his role was small what he gave us was stupid and tri hard trying to be different. There are deleted scenes that show he’s just a horrible joker who purred and acting like some edgy tween.

“ would you die for me” barf

Lol a few people on a toy forum? Try the the vast majority of fans who saw the movie. And even though he’s a good actor and his role was small what he gave us was stupid and tri hard trying to be different. There are deleted scenes that show he’s just a horrible joker who purred and acting like some edgy tween.

“ would you die for me” barf

How did you come to that conclusion? You surveyed everyone who saw it? I'm glad to know that you're in touch with the vast majority of "fans" that disliked his portrayal. :lol He was in the movie for like three minutes tops, and those three minutes were by far the most interesting. Instead we got half-assed back stories for characters that nobody gives two s***s about.

How did you come to that conclusion? You surveyed everyone who saw it? I'm glad to know that you're in touch with the vast majority of "fans" that disliked his portrayal. :lol He was in the movie for like three minutes tops, and those three minutes were by far the most interesting. Instead we got half-assed back stories for characters that nobody gives two s***s about.

I mean all you have to do is a two second search and you’ll see how hated Leto is. And yea him purring like a kitten was very interesting

The problem with Suicide Squad was the script sucked... it had a horrible story... Plus Croc looked like a joke, I've never seen Croc portrayed so small.... Regardless of actors if the story sucks there's not much they can do to save it...

The problem with Suicide Squad was the script sucked... it had a horrible story... Plus Croc looked like a joke, I've never seen Croc portrayed so small.... Regardless of actors if the story sucks there's not much they can do to save it...

It's true. Suicide Squad was just overall a jumbled mess. It wasn't just Jared Leto's performance, it was all of them. Margot Robbie was the most interesting IMO, her Harley was an annoying ditz like the 90s animated series. She wasn't enough to save SS but she was fun to watch. I remember when I saw it at the time, I thought "Are they serious with this?" They made Batman Forever and Batman & Robin look like masterpieces in comparison IMO and that's really saying something.

I don't blame Jared Leto for how awful the Joker was in SS, he didn't create it. I think people were a little more insulted by the Joker because of the way it was hyped up especially coming after Ledger's Joker. So in that regard alone, Jared Leto never stood a chance. The design of his Joker alone was just so off-putting on top of his questionable performance. I also felt like his story line came off like a cheesy Joker/Harley fanfiction. I just couldn't find one good thing about any of it. Now I don't think anyone here is trying to put down those who enjoyed Jared Leto's Joker or convince them how "bad" it was, it's a subjectve matter. By all means, enjoy his performance despite what anyone says, but it's kinda hard to miss that the majority, (both comic book fans and the general audience) just did not accept Leto's Joker or SS. That's why you'll find several people here and outside of this forum saying something similiar to "I'm looking forward to Phoenix's Joker, at least it will be better than Jared Leto's."

I actually prefer Leto's Joker over Ledgers but I do think it was bad(I just prefer a bit more charming character for him), I do see a lot of people praising Leto on Facebook all the time though.

I only see a handful of people say they like that joker. The majority of it is people hated it and it was to edgy lol

I mean all you have to do is a two second search and you’ll see how hated Leto is. And yea him purring like a kitten was very interesting

Oh okay. I'm glad the few articles on the Internet that say everyone hated Jareds Joker represent the entirety of the "fans." God forbid you actually have an opinion of your own, just let the vocal minority speak for you. You can't claim that everyone hated him when it's simply not true. Outside of a few Internet articles and this doll forum, I haven't seen or heard anyone say they hated his Portrayal. Most complaints I've seen talk about the horrible costume designs and his over the top tattoos, never his purrrrr-formance.

Oh okay. I'm glad the few articles on the Internet that say everyone hated Jareds Joker represent the entirety of the "fans." God forbid you actually have an opinion of your own, just let the vocal minority speak for you. You can't claim that everyone hated him when it's simply not true. Outside of a few Internet articles and this doll forum, I haven't seen or heard anyone say they hated his Portrayal. Most complaints I've seen talk about the horrible costume designs and his over the top tattoos, never his purrrrr-formance.

Lol my man look on any comment section on YouTube, Facebook , Reddit . It’s all **** talking Leto joker.

And I watched the movie and formed my opinion . It was a horrible try hard take on the character. His stupid laugh, the way he delivered his lines like he was about to pass out, the way he acted like more of a mob boss than a crazy clown, the way he showed affection for Harley and cared about her well being,his stupid delivery.

Vocal minority he says..... this joker is so hated the hot toys dolls don’t even sell. Lol this joker is so hated that people saw the new Phoenix joker and said “ it’s better then Leto”

I think your looking at what you want to look at. I don’t see anyone praising his performance nor his take . It was the most cringeworthy edition to a character and the most horrid design I’ve seen.

Maybe they could of did more with the character but they didn’t and what we got was Leto trying his best to be this edgy “ would you die for me” joker.

They even gave him a purple lambo and a grill. What a mess. He wasn’t a maniac or off hinge at all. Was inspired by the rapper riff raff by the looks of it.

Gold chains and tats. Before you say joker was a gangsta before. Yea he was but he could care less about money or cars or chains . He wanted chaos

Not every incarnation of Joker was an Anarky ripoff like Ledger was, there was a lot of stories where he was just a straight up crime boss who loves money, fame and material things.

Joker didn't have a grill, they were replacements for Batman knocking them out, Arkham Asylum just gave him what they had

The director didn't intend for the Joker to be so lovey dovey with Harley, WB forced him to reshoot it that way.

Should probably stop arguing though, it's not going to change anyone's opinion, neither one of you is wrong because it's subjective. XD

Lol my man look on any comment section on YouTube, Facebook , Reddit . It’s all **** talking Leto joker.

And I watched the movie and formed my opinion . It was a horrible try hard take on the character. His stupid laugh, the way he delivered his lines like he was about to pass out, the way he acted like more of a mob boss than a crazy clown, the way he showed affection for Harley and cared about her well being,his stupid delivery.

Vocal minority he says..... this joker is so hated the hot toys dolls don’t even sell. Lol this joker is so hated that people saw the new Phoenix joker and said “ it’s better then Leto”

I think your looking at what you want to look at. I don’t see anyone praising his performance nor his take . It was the most cringeworthy edition to a character and the most horrid design I’ve seen.

Maybe they could of did more with the character but they didn’t and what we got was Leto trying his best to be this edgy “ would you die for me” joker.

They even gave him a purple lambo and a grill. What a mess. He wasn’t a maniac or off hinge at all. Was inspired by the rapper riff raff by the looks of it.

Gold chains and tats. Before you say joker was a gangsta before. Yea he was but he could care less about money or cars or chains . He wanted chaos

Theres people that talk s*** about him on YouTube too!? Say it isn't so! That must mean EVERYONE hates him. :lol

I think maybe you're seeing what you want to see. Yes, it is indeed the vocal minority. You honestly think that the majority of people are going on Facebook/YouTube or whatever to talk **** about Letos portrayal of the joker? :lol The Internet comments don't represent everyone, sorry.
There's many different incarnations of the Joker, he understandably couldn't just copy Ledger or Nicholson. Just about every complaint you have stems from the way his character was written. The joker is meant to be over the top and eccentric, which is exactly how Leto played him. His outfits were/are part of the character, joker has always been about making a statement, he wears a purple suit for Christ sakes. Making him a Gotham city crime-lord was a unique way to open the door for future appearances and portrayed him as a powerful un-hinged mad man. He straight up killed monster T for just looking at Harley, that's the definition of someone who is off hinge. His relationship with Harley was intended to be the abusive love/hate relationship were all used to, but it was rewritten to appeal to a wider audience.

Theres people that talk s*** about him on YouTube too!? Say it isn't so! That must mean EVERYONE hates him. :lol

I think maybe you're seeing what you want to see. Yes, it is indeed the vocal minority. You honestly think that the majority of people are going on Facebook/YouTube or whatever to talk **** about Letos portrayal of the joker? :lol The Internet comments don't represent everyone, sorry.
There's many different incarnations of the Joker, he understandably couldn't just copy Ledger or Nicholson. Just about every complaint you have stems from the way his character was written. The joker is meant to be over the top and eccentric, which is exactly how Leto played him. His outfits were/are part of the character, joker has always been about making a statement, he wears a purple suit for Christ sakes. Making him a Gotham city crime-lord was a unique way to open the door for future appearances and portrayed him as a powerful un-hinged mad man. He straight up killed monster T for just looking at Harley, that's the definition of someone who is off hinge. His relationship with Harley was intended to be the abusive love/hate relationship were all used to, but it was rewritten to appeal to a wider audience.

Do your little circle of friends represents everyone? Ok. Lmao. So your saying this joker is well liked huh? Lol buddy take your rose colored glasses off. I haven’t seen anyone this delusional. This joker was not well received. In case you haven’t realized it yet the internet is BIg and most people give OPINIONS on the internet. On comment sections, forums, Facebook post, , etc. Wherever a fan base gathers to talk about a movie or fandom they are pationate about. If the majority of fans say they don’t like the joker in SS then I’m pretty freaking sure they aren’t a vocal minority. If some rando person u meet on the street says they liked it . Doesn’t mean they are the majority.

The joker doesn’t act like some edgy over the top gangsta with gold chains and tats? What comic are you reading son ? The joker is old fashioned , doesn’t care about being flashy unless it means causing the city chaos or killing someone.

Making him a crime lord dumb down the character and made him just some generic guy with white make up and tats to appeal to the teens. Joker is a unpredictable . How can someone as insane as him ever be a crime lord when he wants to wreck the city and cause nothing but mayhem.

Yea the joker / Harley relationship appealed to the hot topic tween crowd so they can appeal to the forbidden bad boy love angle . Stupid move.

So what if he wears a purple suit. Doesn’t automatically give him a pass. It’s like the producers said to themselves. “ let’s watch a movie on how kids act in the 2000s and base our joker on that”

Sure elements were implemented into the Leto joker but that doesn’t mean it was done right. It was a mess.

Already the new pheonix joker is receiving praise cause that’s what people want to see. A old fashioned but crazy clown who is willing to snap at any moment. You can still be new and different and not alienate a fan base by trying to make your joker look “ damaged bruh”

Not some edgy crime boss tatted up tri hard who looks like he’d lose in a fist fight Alfred .

Last edited:
Not every incarnation of Joker was an Anarky ripoff like Ledger was, there was a lot of stories where he was just a straight up crime boss who loves money, fame and material things.

Joker didn't have a grill, they were replacements for Batman knocking them out, Arkham Asylum just gave him what they had

The director didn't intend for the Joker to be so lovey dovey with Harley, WB forced him to reshoot it that way.

Should probably stop arguing though, it's not going to change anyone's opinion, neither one of you is wrong because it's subjective. XD

Point me out to the stories where joker wants money.

Please that was a grill. I don’t buy that whole “ dur he got beat up by batman so he has false teeeth. That was meant to look like a grill to match the stupid gold chains and tats. Joker got his teeth knocked out hundreds of times.

Point me out to the stories where joker wants money.

Please that was a grill. I don’t buy that whole “ dur he got beat up by batman so he has false teeeth. That was meant to look like a grill to match the stupid gold chains and tats. Joker got his teeth knocked out hundreds of times.

tec_180_001-1.jpg

Jokers_Happy_Victims.jpg

Batman 1-4 -5 recut.JPG

Causing chaos requires money, he is a vain character and always has been... He wouldn't always be wearing a tailored suit if he didn't care about that stuff.

And if the Joker gets his teeth knocked out hundreds of times like you said then his capped teeth make far more sense than NOT having them.

Do your little circle of friends represents everyone? Ok. Lmao. So your saying this joker is well liked huh? Lol buddy take your rose colored glasses off. I haven’t seen anyone this delusional. This joker was not well received. In case you haven’t realized it yet the internet is BIg and most people give OPINIONS on the internet. On comment sections, forums, Facebook post, , etc. Wherever a fan base gathers to talk about a movie or fandom they are pationate about. If the majority of fans say they don’t like the joker in SS then I’m pretty freaking sure they aren’t a vocal minority. If some rando person u meet on the street says they liked it . Doesn’t mean they are the majority.

The joker doesn’t act like some edgy over the top gangsta with gold chains and tats? What comic are you reading son ? The joker is old fashioned , doesn’t care about being flashy unless it means causing the city chaos or killing someone.

Making him a crime lord dumb down the character and made him just some generic guy with white make up and tats to appeal to the teens. Joker is a unpredictable . How can someone as insane as him ever be a crime lord when he wants to wreck the city and cause nothing but mayhem.

Yea the joker / Harley relationship appealed to the hot topic tween crowd so they can appeal to the forbidden bad boy love angle . Stupid move.

So what if he wears a purple suit. Doesn’t automatically give him a pass. It’s like the producers said to themselves. “ let’s watch a movie on how kids act in the 2000s and base our joker on that”

Sure elements were implemented into the Leto joker but that doesn’t mean it was done right. It was a mess.

Already the new pheonix joker is receiving praise cause that’s what people want to see. A old fashioned but crazy clown who is willing to snap at any moment. You can still be new and different and not alienate a fan base by trying to make your joker look “ damaged bruh”

Not some edgy crime boss tatted up tri hard who looks like he’d lose in a fist fight Alfred .

When did I ever say anything about a circle of friends, let alone say that they represent everyone? I gave you plenty of examples of how his Joker was well represented. I think you seriously lack the comprehension and grammar skills necessary to have a decent conversation. Again, you claimed that EVERYONE hates his interpretation (the people on the Internet say so, so It must be true :lol) , which is simply not the case. You don't seem to know much about the character if you think hes all about "wrecking the city and chaos." :lol

Last edited:
Back