DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Joker for what it is but it's not one I will watch a lot. Like Taxi Driver or Silence of the lambs it will be a once in a few years kind of movie. Cast did very well and it very dour and a deep look at a man breaking down and building himself up through madness.

I don't consider Joker a masterpiece. It looks, sounds, and is acted like a masterpiece, but the story isn't original enough and the climax is telegraphed, so you're just waiting for the inevitable. There's a few things that happen after the talk show sequence that are a surprise, so that elevates the film to the very good territory. Then again, I'm familiar with the lore and comics, so I knew that Joker on a talk show wouldn't end well for Murray. The film does have some iconic moments and images. Still, I just can't call it a masterpiece.

"Joker" is just a good enough movie. Nothing more, nothing less. Calling it a masterpiece would be a disservice to actual masterpieces. It's pretty much a "King Of Comedy" Homage crossed with "Falling Down" and with a a comic book paintjob. It was okay, it was well acted, shot and the like, but it wasn't some revolutionary picture.

Hmmm, well, as far as CBMs go, I'd say it is revolutionary.
Not sure if it's a masterpiece in general, I'd probably have to watch it a couple times more, but it's pretty high up in terms of quality as far as i'm concerned.

It can be argued that it was revolutionary in the sense that it took a Big 2 character and did a more mature movie them. But "Road To Perdition" was a CBM too and it was up for several Academy Awards as well. Compared to Capeflicks, Joker is great, yeah. And it is a good movie in and of itself as well. But it's just not a masterpiece if we're talking movies, let alone "Films".

Not a "masterpiece"... VERY few films qualify for that title. VERY few.
It is a remarkable movie based on a comic book character and the acting was superb. Directing was superb.
I don't know about a sequel or bringing him into the DC movie universe though. It would lessen it's stature to me.

No masterpiece but a damn good movie and best movie of 2019 by far in terms of superhero and nerd movies

I expect Tenet to blow Jokeer.

*blocks your path*

Dune.jpg

Back