Jerry Vanderstelt LORT Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have space on the wall for these. Just waiting for Jerry to finish :tap :D

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all your nice comments about the upcoming LOTR lithos.

I hope to have some updates once I can clear my schedule a bit more and "get back to Middle Earth" ! I really need to get again as far with the art as I am now, and then I will add a new "teaser flash video" and/or a progressional gallery. We'll see! I am very excited to show you all a bit more as I go : )

My best guess for a release date is by Christmas at the very latest. I am more anxious than anyone to get this puppy done!

Jerry

Heh, to think I was going to ask about any WIP pics . . . Did anyone who went to SDCC snap one?

WIP?

I will probably save those until the entire image is complete, then put images in a start to finish gallery. Until then , I will probably use my WIP images to create my little "video" without spoiling too much too soon! I fa shot or two slips by from SDCC, then that's the way the cookie crumbles :rolleyes:

Jerry

Hi guys!
It's been a while, but here is a newsletter email I recently sent to those who have requested updates on the LOTR FOTR litho:

Hello again everyone.

I have the artwork in the approval process, and plan to have a magazine ad running just after Christmas for the first installment of this LOTR litho series.
Before the magazine ad, I hope to have these lithographs ready on my Ebay store for purchase.
One bit of news: These lithographs will be limited with two Editions available: "Standard Edition", and "Collector's Edition".
What's the difference? The Standard Editions will be limited to 2000 units and will be hand-signed and numbered by me. Price: $95
The Collector's Editions will be limited to 2000 units and will be hand-signed and numbered by me along with a unique REMARQUE on each.These remarques will be hand-drawn on each litho, and will consist of various characters or scenery from that particular film. Price: $150
Both Editions will receive "white-glove" handling and packaging to assure the utmost care and handling of each litho.
When all three litho runs ( FOTR, TTT, AND ROTK ) are done, then I will be offering a very limited number of "matching number sets" of very low numbers such as # 1 - # 20 . These are for the "Super Collectors" out there that really have to have that low number litho with matching #'s from FOTR , TTT, and ROTK .These highly-collectible pieces will be offered as bid-only items on my Ebay listings.

I'll be sure to send you guys some of the first images of the final art as soon as I get the green light!
And one other thing: In my promo card that some of you picked up I advertised the litho size being 24 x 36 : that has changed. the final size is 24 x 30. The reason is because the layout did not fit nearly as well in a 24 x 36 layout as the final 24 x 30 size. This might be good news for most collectors that have limited wall space! Lastly, the paper choice is 100 pound paper that is very heavy.I went to my press guys to see a sample, and was impressed with the quality!Thanks again,

Jerry

Great news Jerry! I'm looking forward to seeing the final after what you had out at SDCC.

!!! VANDERSTELT LOTR/FOTR DONE !!! SEE THE PICS!

Hi everyone.

Well, I'm glad to say that I am now finished with the final art for the Fellowship of the Ring Lithograph! I just received approval from New Line Cinema, and can now make the actual finished artwork public.
I plan to get my webpages updated with detailed info on this news ASAP. The lithos are not on sale yet, but for sure By Christmas, but most likely sooner than that!

If anyone wants a close up of any part of the art, just ask! I'll be glad to post it. Thank you for keeping an interest in this!

Jerry

I have been watching this lithograph with great interest and after you posted that picture, you have a customer waiting to order. That is one amazing piece.

Awesome news Jerry. I'll be checking the website for updates.

Can't wait to own this and the others to come.

Thats great! I'm so down for buying this it ain't even funny.

I'm also quite tempted to buy the $150 version.

Do you have a higher res image or something a bit bigger? If you don't mind I'd like to make it my desktop wallpaper.

Well, that might become available once I get it up on my site! Maybe by tommorrow or the day after that : )

Well, that might become available once I get it up on my site! Maybe by tommorrow or the day after that : )

Awesome!! Its such a great work. I want it on my pc every time I turn the thing on.

Can we get a closer pic of the Balrog?

This is one gorgeous litho. I can't wait to order. :rock

Two more questions though....

1. Are you going to send out an e-mail (to your subscribers) when its up for order, or possibly letting us know in advance when it will be available for order?

2. Can you show where on the litho the REMARQUE will be located, and approximately what size to expect? This is just a personal opinion of course, but I have seen remarques on art that look fantastic and really complement the piece, and others that just look out of place and detract from it overall.

Thanks again for keeping us up to date!!!

Two more questions though....

1. Are you going to send out an e-mail (to your subscribers) when its up for order, or possibly letting us know in advance when it will be available for order?
thank you ,and good question. I will be informing anyone who wants to know about release date and so on, sure. Also keep checking my site :
www.vandersteltstudio.com

2. Can you show where on the litho the REMARQUE will be located, and approximately what size to expect? This is just a personal opinion of course, but I have seen remarques on art that look fantastic and really complement the piece, and others that just look out of place and detract from it overall.
If you look at the image at the top of this thread, you will notice an area on the lower left of the lith othat is rather blank. That is approx. where the remarque will be. Size will be around two inches tall or so more or less. It also depends on what image I put in the area. Also. like the sketchcards, you never know what image you get: it will be random! Thanks for looking!
Jerry

Thanks again for keeping us up to date!!

Looking forward to ordering this piece. Thanks for the updates Jerry.

:)

Back