Jerry Vanderstelt LORT Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having met Jerry in person a couple of times now (at C3 and recently again at C4) I can attest that he's also a great guy... supremely cool and his personality rocks as much as his talent. :rock

Thanks for joining the Sideshow Freaks, Jerry!

Dutchart said:
Thank you, gents!

Jerry

I have to say, Jerry, it is an honor to have you here with us and You can most certainly count on my support with these prints! The level of detail is astonishing, I can't wait to see the final work.

I know that a sketch is a far call away from being the final print, just as much as the first coat of paint on the heads I paint not indicative of the final paintjob... And if this is the beginning, I know the end will not disappoint. :duff

thanks!

It's refreshing to hear that others can "see" past what is evident only on the surface. It's kind of like a good primer.... you will not see it in the end, but without it, your final coat of paint will fall apart!

Jerry

Hey, Jerry... you're killing me (again). I just saw your Yoda CE print. :google

BTW, is that all-new or is it updated from something you've done previously? It looks familiar for some reason.

Darth Loki said:
For anyone who hasn't seen the proto yet. I can't even fathom how amazing this will look when finished

I dont know what to say but :eek and I mean that in a good way.

That piece is absolutely breathtaking. I looked at the site for the first time today,saw the video and it has to be the best LOTR piece I have seen.It includes everything a LOTR enthusiast could wish for, all the characters/creatures/environments look to be in there. I LOVE IT!.

I personally say bring it on,I will definately be getting one of these, as it says in the video it will compliment any collection. They will look awesome together.I will eagerly wait for the final piece.

Jerry - Nice to meet/talk to you. Thankyou for making such a work of art, put me down for one of each. :duff

Shell
x

Thank you everyone!

The Yoda is an older piece of work, but has never been reproduced until now. Other than appearing on the cover of Art Scene International magazine and my own website, Yoda has been quietly resting at the Ranch somewhere.

I hope to have an updated "video" of my LOTR project once I have the original art a little farther along. Maybe sometime after SDCC!

Jerry

Dutchart said:
The Yoda is an older piece of work, but has never been reproduced until now. Other than appearing on the cover of Art Scene International magazine and my own website, Yoda has been quietly resting at the Ranch somewhere.

Awesome!! Glad to hear that LFL gave you permission to finally print it and make it available to fans. :rock

Gotta have someone snag me one at CE for sure!

OK, so when I first looked at that sketch I wasn't sure what to think. I thought this was very close to final product, that it would be an entire sepia toned piece and really wasn't feeling it. Then I watched the video. I chenneled Keanu and literally outloud said "whoa". I've got you're C IV piece on order from starwarsshop.com and at this point can't imagine not ordering this LOTR piece. When are you taking orders?

...and BTW, thanks for joining the forum, it means a lot to have artists creating the stuff we collect coming in and answering questions and fending off our criticisms. :rock

Darth Rage said:
OK, so when I first looked at that sketch I wasn't sure what to think. I thought this was very close to final product, that it would be an entire sepia toned piece and really wasn't feeling it. Then I watched the video. I chenneled Keanu and literally outloud said "whoa". I've got you're C IV piece on order from starwarsshop.com and at this point can't imagine not ordering this LOTR piece. When are you taking orders?

...and BTW, thanks for joining the forum, it means a lot to have artists creating the stuff we collect coming in and answering questions and fending off our criticisms. :rock

Rage, I got my CIV print framed today and you won't be disappointed!

I can't wait to see the final stage of the FOTR litho. I keep looking at the empty space on my wall where it's going and dreaming about how phenomenal it's going to look there :monkey5

Sweet! I was actually frame shopping in advance today, still not sure which way to go. Now to find wall space!

Hey Rage, no problem.

I enjoy answering the questions; I wish I had more time to get more involved with the forums. Most people actually did not notice on my promo card that it says in a red burst, "preview sketch ". It's easy to miss that, and that's where the need for some sort of video promo arose.
I hope to create an updated video as I go along, but I knew it would be a while before I could get to it, so I kinda rushed through this one to get it up and runnin'.
Thank you to all who are taking interest in this LOTR thing!

Jerry

Dutchart said:
so I kinda rushed through this one to get it up and runnin'.

If you rushed through this one... I can't wait to see when you don't have to rush. You are very modest my friend. That promo video rocks! I think I've watched it about 10 times! I've showed it to my wife, friends, co-workers etc... and every person (whether a collector or not) said it was friggin' awesome!

:gandalf :galadriel :legolas :nazgul :orc :orthanc :saruman :balrog :eowyn

swabie2424 said:
If you rushed through this one... I can't wait to see when you don't have to rush. You are very modest my friend. That promo video rocks! I think I've watched it about 10 times! I've showed it to my wife, friends, co-workers etc... and every person (whether a collector or not) said it was friggin' awesome!

:clap :clap :clap

:rock :rock :rock

I think $150 is very reasonable, especially when you get SSW who are asking at least $300 for theirs - I know they're done by Alan Lee and John Howe, but to me this kind of artwork is more appealing - you get more in it! I think I'll buy all 3 lithos if I can before they're sold out!

I was just thinking of what LOTR art prints to own for my display at home. Suddenly this thread vaguely came back to me, I searched it and have taken a close look at the work and my god it is just stunning from what I see. It perfectly encompasses my favourite LOTR film, with new elements showing themselves at every glance. I'm in awe. Any updates on its release?
Cant wait for this :D

Hey everyone - I had the chance to see this amazing work-in-progress down at SDCC.

Seriously, the Gandalf was so amazing I thought he was gonna pop off the canvas and shout "You Shall Not Pass!" at me right then and there!

Keep these pieces in the back of your mind. Jerry is plugging away, and they are turning out A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Got a chance 2 see this @ SDCC and I have to say this was absolutely amazing. It really was one of the most impressive art pieces I've ever seen. After checking it out I'm really considering getting all of them.

I can't wait for these!.
I was looking at the site just the other day to see if there was any update.Does'nt seem any update yet but fantastic pieces none the less!
x

I LOVE these art prints...sure wish I could afford a bunch of them to populate the basement theater with...would make for a cool homage display to my favorites!

Geb

Back