Indy Legendary Scale? Probably not anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy Legendary Scale? Looks like it!

You said I am sure going to be giving them a lot before I quit. Thought that was a reference to the pending orders I mentioned above.

Ah well you did say

Yeah, after Batman, this Indy and Punisher

Which led me to believe you want Indy but it has not been up for order yet. So then I questioned why you would be willing to drop $2500 on a company you don't like anymore.

Ah well you did say

Which led me to believe you want Indy but it has not been up for order yet. So then I questioned why you would be willing to drop $2500 on a company you don't like anymore.

Other Indy, on the horse.

I have a feeling that when Indy does finally come out the LS's pricing will have moved from $2000 to $2200+

I have a feeling that when Indy does finally come out the LS's pricing will have moved from $2000 to $2200+

I agree with you there LS Indy would be Epic

Yes! And Sideshow should include for this achievement a new base (circular base) with the ground of the room of the idol of fertility.

We should get to see the new version at comic con 2014 at the latest, thats two years since we saw it then.

Forgive me for asking if it's already been asked, but do you know if they are using intrinsic resin for this piece?

I was just about to ask the same thing about intrinsic resin.
I REALLY hope they do. The Hot Toys / Enterbay 1/4 scale heads look WAY more realistic than these pics and the Legendary scale is twice as big. Having seen how good intrinsic resin looks at 1/4 scale, I think these legendary scale pieces would look fantastic with the same quality of finish. Airbrushed finish as shown in the above pics just doesn't cut it at this scale in my opinion and it would be a huge disappointment for me if they don't try to push the quality to the max. (At these prices - it should be as realistic as possible).

Chris

I've sadly given up on the LSF line... I have my Maul, which I really like...and is one of my favorite statues in my collection... Sold my Wolf Pred LSF, and cancelled my Wolverine LSF... It's been almost 3 years since a Ben Kenobi LSF was shown, and about 2 years since Indiana Jones... I'm really surprised they haven't shown a LSF Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow yet, and we still have no Dr. Doom about 2 years now, and no Cat Woman.... I've sort of lost most of my interest in this line... Maybe that will change... anyone else feel this too???

I wonder whether the problem has been that the sales numbers aren't where they would like or if production has proven trickier than first thought.

Wouldn't surprise me if sales have been the problem.

I remember when the line first became reality and the guessing game on prices that went on. Most guessed it'd be at the $1000-1200 mark.

When the prices were released at $2000 many people were just baffled.

And we've never heard anything from Sideshow that even attempts to explain it, have we? Is it harder to work in that scale? Do logistics become much more difficult?

Why exactly are they 5 times the price of a 1/4 PF ?
'Because they can' isn't a good answer when people want to be able to justify ordering to themselves and are actually happy with 1/4 scale.

And the choice of the materials used, seems lazy too. the jacket looked to be the same material as the 1/6th. At 1/2 scale and that price I would expect a felt hat and real shoes, not sculpted. A leather jacket and braided whip should be used too. If you can piece together a mannequin wearing authentic gear from some of the actual screen used manufacturers for less of the cost of the LSB, then in my mind there's no excuse.

Back