Boba Ben Creative Writing Contest - Results

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's my original contest from the Spook thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/horror-statues-props-etc-/147251-freaktacular-2014-a-621.html#post7258477

A couple boardie friends of mine asked if I would put all the entries in one thread so they could easily read through everybody's spooky two sentence stories at their leisure. Hopefully, the mods will be alright with it.

Here are all the entries. They were supposed to be 1-2 sentences long, but I included Vander's long entry here for people to read since he put so much work into it. Going through all the board post from my original contest post up to 7:00 this morning was a lot of work, so you better appreciate it:

My hip always hurt and I never knew why. It was kind of him to take the time to show me the bone spur while he continued to dismember me.

Fishing from a dock, I pulled what I thought was a big fish from the water, but my own dead eyes stared back at me. If I was in the water, then who is holding the pole?

I set down the empty candy bowl and turn off the porch light. A smile forms on my face.

I received a phone call from my daughter on my birthday. She passed away 20 years ago.

There was a time when I was so exited to get a statue from Sideshow. The anticipation was palpable. This shady, unkept van pulled up outside. The doorbell rang. I grabbed the package and scurried upstairs. I tear open the box and...and....the horror. My God the horror. The body was twisted and misshapen. It looked like it had been tortured and held underwater due to the fluid oozing out. This image will haunt me for years. What was in the box you may ask.....it was my Apocalypse EX.

I was woken up by the sound of my bedroom door closing. I live alone.

All I've know is darkness and the tight confines of my prison for my entire life, until I am blinded by light. My eyes adjust to my new reality and I’m behind glass, sandwiched between the most frightening sculptures, looking at a sign across the way that reads “Mrdbios’ Collection”.

Everyone loved my statues. They exclaimed "they are so life like!" No one left my house alive. Would you like to see my collection?

I awake disoriented, my bleeding face pressed up against glass, my body's tissues throbbing painfully like I was just in a violent collision I do not recall, my wrists and ankles bound together behind me and I cannot move in this sweltering confinement. Struggling to peer through the foggy glass that's dripping the cold condensation from my breath back onto my face, I see the form of someone standing there, looking back at me, and as their laughter begins to fill the room it's then I realize that fury has added me to his collection for eternity.

:)

Hahahhaha!

He woke to the sound of light as the surgeon knotted the end of a final stitch. He could smell the scream escape his lips.

That's right!

Kenbenobi :thwak punkg42

:yess:

My entry:
"In the shadows he lingered, waiting for the opportunity to strike, feeling that the evil was almost upon him. If he emerged too soon he surely would meet a swift fate, so he remained motionless, knowing that one final breath could be his last."

This was kinda fun! Great contest, Ben!

She was in my bed again, naked and looking demure. I just wish she'd stay buried in the yard where I put her.

Woken by his frantic barking, I reached under the bed where he gently licked my hand. It put me at ease until he barked again, from across the room.

Even as an adult the most comforting voice he could hear when he picked up the ringing telephone was that of his loving Mother. So sad that she died when he was nine years old.

:horror:horror:horror

Fine. here:

We were together for 7 years and she was the quiet type it seemed, not much for chatter, A bit cold at times as well, but she was always by my side, and I loved her since the day I met her.
It was a shock when the cops showed up at the door telling me she had gone missing and asked if I had seen her, sad to think of a life without her but I guess when you steal a corpse from the morgue, eventually they catch up to you and take her away...

:lol

My entry:

The echo of the doorbell was ringing in my ear when I opened the door,
still clutching my recently unboxed Godzilla vinyl.

It was a split second later when the rock in Avfin's hand cracked my skull
and I fell, hearing his monstrous roar of great intensity replace
the chiming from my quickly fading heart.

My full story:

He awoke in near total darkness, not knowing where he was or how he'd gotten there. Almost immediately he realized he was bound and could feel thick tight ropes cutting into his hands. He was seated on the floor, cold and damp, it felt like he was sitting in a puddle of some sort. He hoped to himself that he hadn't urinated as he was still dressed in the cow costume and it was a rental.

There was low groan of "ugghhh" beside him, and he tilted his head around just enough to notice that there was someone beside him on the floor. The darkness made it impossible to make out more than a large shadow, but whoever it was must have passed out again because there was no response to his worried questioning of "Who's there?" Something fell from above and landed on his face, soft and light like a feather. He tried to shake it off, but it was no use as the object had stuck to the cool sweat that now covered his face.

Then all at once he heard a 'click' followed the low scraping sound of a heavy metal door opening. The light that streamed in stung at his eyes, too bright to make out who had entered, all he could see was the hulking silhouette of what he thought was a large man. He blinked repeatedly as the now dimly lit room slowly came into focus...

Hanging from the ceiling above him were two large birds (was he seeing things or was one dress like a sailor?) and a small gray object that he thought might be a rodent of some sort. He then looked beside him to see that the sound he'd heard earlier had came from a large cow dressed like a cowboy, perhaps a mascot of some sort? There was also a huge creature at his feet, green and scaled like a giant lizard, but before he could give it another thought his ears were pierced by wild screams!

It was the cow mascot beside him screaming "Oh my god, please don't hurt me! I'm sorry my contest was so hard! You win, you win it all, just let me go!" Then he heard similar pleading coming from one of the birds suspended above him. It wasn't the dressed one, but a gray goose shouting "Help, someone help!" and before he knew it the other duck was awake and screaming as well. Just then a glint of reflected light from across the room caught his attention.

He'd almost forgotten the hulking man who had entered the room just moments before, but now that his eyes had adjusted to the light fully he could make him out more clearly. The man was bald and ugly, a large scar cut deep into his cruel face. He was wearing a dark blood covered apron, his sleeves rolled up past his bulging forearms which were covered with thick caked on blood. Then he saw where the glint of light had come from, for in the man's hand was a sinister looking object he recognized instantly as a large cleaver.

The Butcher said nothing to his victims as he slowly closed the door behind him. He simply smiled, revealing two crooked rows of yellowed broken teeth. It had been far too long since he'd had fresh meat with which to play, so he promised himself he was going to savor every moment of the horror that was soon to come. His mind racing with perverse thoughts of how he would dispatch each one of unfortunate souls trapped with him here in the small dark room that was to be their final resting place.

Titus's heart stopped as the gravity of the situation finally hit him. He hadn't noticed it before, but he was also screaming as he thrashed about on the floor frantically fighting to get free of his bindings. It was no use however, he was trapped and knew there was no hope of escaping his fate. He'd had such high hopes for Spooktacular this year, but it was all coming to a tragic end before it had ever even started…

ButcherBlock2_zpsd8729e15.png

Even though I have see 3-4 all ready that are better than anything I can come up with I'll give it a shot anyway... what the hell.

I woke up sweaty and weak from a nightmare I though was all too real... but it couldn't have been... could it? I got to my computer and realized I missed 30 pages in the Spooktacular thread over night.... AHHHHH.... IT WAS REAL.

As I awoke in a sleepy fog to the sound of child-like giggling coming from the closet, the thought of a late-night game of hide-and-seek made me smile...until I remembered I don't have any children.

The winner is!!!!!!!!
Avfin

Congratulations!!!! PM me your address and I'll get Godzilla sent out sometime this week or next.

Congrats Av!! KD's still gives me the creeps every time I read it. What's licking his hand?!!??!!? :lol

Oh, and for fun I wrote my own little story:

I heard my little brother softly calling for me to come down and play with him under my bed. My brother died today.

Omg

thank you sooooo much.

Godzilla rocks

boba ben-----you rock

this is one i truly wanted

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Back