Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least that would have gotten a laugh.

In fact, it would have been hilarious if after each and every action sequence, after the stirring adventure music subsides, they cut to a bathroom stall and silence... and then, just a single flush.
Silence? Wow, you're assuming he'd have an even weaker stream than I was thinking lol...

All good things...
Commerce created it for the theatrical experience (longest people will sit in theater, shortest before they feel it wasn't worth effort to get there, # of repeat showings per day etc etc) and commerce is now destroying it for the stream/phone/binge experience. The two hour movie will be done by 2030.

I wish the 3 hour movie would go first.
james-cameron-stare-james-cameron.gif

I just saw this with my wife last week. It was not bad, but it was not great either. It's just "OK". Hardly memorable at best.

Finally made it through that. omigod.

I have not watched Rebel Moon so I haven't visited that thread. Should I? :lol

Was finally getting around to watching this the other day, then saw the runtime was 2hr 37.
Why the hell does this movie have a runtime of 2hr 37?
The trilogy all have runtimes around the 2 hour mark.
Even Crystal Skulls runtime is 2h 5 (a few minutes less that Last Crusade) and that film feels like it goes on forever.
2hr 37 is unreasonable for an Indy film.
I love to put a few hours aside to watch the extended version of a LOTR movie but I'm not sitting here watching an Indy movie with a runtime 30 mins longer than any of the actually good ones aka the original 3.
Could've been worse.
It could have been a 2 parter. 😉
-Jim

My only hope is that the movie theater experience doesn't go extinct.
-Jim

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
My only hope is that the movie theater experience doesn't go extinct.
-Jim
Well its certainly on the endangered list right now, and seems like "on life support" might be on the cards within the next decade.

It will stick around in its ever-diminishing form so long as the generations who grew up routinely talking about movie trailers and lining up outside a box office are around, but those people are all over 35 now, and every year brings more online/home-based/phone options and distractions.

Along with malls and offices, it seems movie theaters are yet another outdated physical world phenom that is slowly dying as the online world takes over.

Last edited:
Well its certainly on the endangered list right now, and seems like "on life support" might be on the cards within the next decade.

It will stick around in its ever-diminishing form so long as the generations who grew up routinely talking about movie trailers and lining up outside a box office is around, but those people are all over 35 now, and every year brings more online/home-based/phone options and distractions.

Along with malls and offices, it seems movie theaters are yet another outdated physical world phenom that is slowly dying as the online world takes over.
😞
-Jim

Back