Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you on... tape?
LOL, no, the picture would skip and glitch. I'd honestly watched it so much that I wore the disc out. It's part of a box set. I've had it happen before with discs in box sets. Alien and Aliens from my Quadrilogy box set got bad after watching them so much.

Really? Laser goes bad?
No, the player is fine. The coating on the outside of the disc can wear and you can see holes when you hold the disc up to the light. It happens when you take them in and out of the case a lot. I'm talking over several years. That's why I never trust consoles and players with slots as grit can collect in the slot and scratch both sides as the disc goes in and out.

Again, I know I'm late here, but was Indy still wanted for murder at the end of the movie?

What about Teddy straight up murdering the big guy with the handcuffs?

Again, I know I'm late here, but was Indy still wanted for murder at the end of the movie?

No, mangold confirmed the reason he chased helena across the world was also so he could have a witness clear his name.

With a name like teddy you should have seen it coming! Different franchise I know, but remember what happened at the end of Rotj...

Was finally getting around to watching this the other day, then saw the runtime was 2hr 37.
Why the hell does this movie have a runtime of 2hr 37?
The trilogy all have runtimes around the 2 hour mark.
Even Crystal Skulls runtime is 2h 5 (a few minutes less that Last Crusade) and that film feels like it goes on forever.
2hr 37 is unreasonable for an Indy film.
I love to put a few hours aside to watch the extended version of a LOTR movie but I'm not sitting here watching an Indy movie with a runtime 30 mins longer than any of the actually good ones aka the original 3.

Was finally getting around to watching this the other day, then saw the runtime was 2hr 37.
Why the hell does this movie have a runtime of 2hr 37?
The trilogy all have runtimes around the 2 hour mark.
Even Crystal Skulls runtime is 2h 5 (a few minutes less that Last Crusade) and that film feels like it goes on forever.
2hr 37 is unreasonable for an Indy film.
I love to put a few hours aside to watch the extended version of a LOTR movie but I'm not sitting here watching an Indy movie with a runtime 30 mins longer than any of the actually good ones aka the original 3.
Yeah, I enjoyed this in the theater and a couple weeks ago started it up on Disney+ but after watching the opening prologue (which still felt like The Polar Express, even on a smaller screen) and then seeing elderly Ford wake up and mope around his apartment I just didn't have the motivation to invest that much time for the rest.

Yeah, I enjoyed this in the theater and a couple weeks ago started it up on Disney+ but after watching the opening prologue (which still felt like The Polar Express, even on a smaller screen) and then seeing elderly Ford wake up and mope around his apartment I just didn't have the motivation to invest that much time for the rest.
I do intend to watch it at some point (I haven't seen it at all yet) but I'll need to set aside the time.
Not having seen the film, I do have to question, what's in this movie that needed 40 mins more runtime than Raiders to tell its story?

I do intend to watch it at some point (I haven't seen it at all yet) but I'll need to set aside the time.
Not having seen the film, I do have to question, what's in this movie that needed 40 mins more runtime than Raiders to tell its story?
Easy answer: The prologue there's about 20. And the Morocco chase through every single street takes up a bit too! It can drag in places, but some scenes really shine and are worth waiting it out. Your choice of course!

I agree. But I think there are few movies that earn a 2.5-3 hour run time. And comedies should be well under 2 hours.

Old school.
Agreed. And unless its something like LOTR that is trying to adapt something massive like a book series I think action movies should aim for 2 hours or less as well. Lean and mean classics like Raiders, Road Warrior, Die Hard, Terminator 1, Conan, Predator, Top Gun, Robocop, Speed, John Wick 1-3, etc.

And it's amazing that the poster trilogy for world-building, the original SW OT, accomplished it all with two hours per film and never feeling rushed.

I agree. But I think there are few movies that earn a 2.5-3 hour run time. And comedies should be well under 2 hours.

Old school.
Been watching some older ones on prime lately and run time is about 1 and a half hours. Gets the job done most of the time. We all sit for too long these days!

Easy answer: The prologue there's about 20. And the Morocco chase through every single street takes up a bit too! It can drag in places, but some scenes really shine and are worth waiting it out. Your choice of course!
Sounds like it would benefit from a shorter runtime.

I have no idea, lol.
It's due to Mangold including all the bathroom breaks Indy takes during the course of the movie. He's 40+ years older with an enlarged prostate so when has to go, he really has go!

:chase

Back