Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy shot first!

Indy shot!

giphy.gif

Beyond the brownface swordsman, I always think of the couple of youths bunched tightly behind the swordsman who also died when Indy's .45 bullet blasts right through the swordsman and hits them too.:monkey3
Here’s a kicker..the swordsman was the stunt choregrapher who was also the German bully guy at infamous jet scene and the big thugee guard that Indy beat up in the mine from TOD. I read he became good friends with Harrison on set over the two films :lol

Here’s a kicker..the swordsman was the stunt choregrapher who was also the German bully guy at infamous jet scene and the big thugee guard that Indy beat up in the mine from TOD. I read he became good friends with Harrison on set over the two films :lol

Correction: The stunt guy who played the Cairo Swordsman was Terry Richards in Raiders.

The "jet scene" guy -- actually the wing -- was named German Mechanic and was played by Pat Roach, a wrestler and actor, who also played the Giant Sherpa in Raiders and the Chief Guard in ToD.

Correction: The stunt guy who played the Cairo Swordsman was Terry Richards in Raiders.

The "jet scene" guy -- actually the wing -- was named German Mechanic and was played by Pat Roach, a wrestler and actor, who also played the Giant Sherpa in Raiders and the Chief Guard in ToD.
What's great is he didn't even need to change his London-in-the-80s beard too much. :lol

I always remember the Cairo swordsman having this wild, giant bushy beard but if you zoom in it's closer to a gin and tonic special.

qd22uKp.png

Last edited:

Love Pat Roach. The fight he has with Connery in NSNA is pretty funny.

E85996D2-388D-465F-88EA-5F72DE1F120B.jpeg

Not to mention the awesomest part of the movie "Willow"....General Kael! Basically a dude walking around in Darth Vader armor in a fantasy setting. Such an awesome looking character and barely any screentime. I felt so ripped off as a kid.

c39fae545a7cc5bb62b09a5561008b61.jpg

(Better beard, too!)

kael.jpg

RIP Pat Roach.

Not to mention the awesomest part of the movie "Willow"....General Kael! Basically a dude walking around in Darth Vader armor in a fantasy setting. Such an awesome looking character and barely any screentime. I felt so ripped off as a kid.

c39fae545a7cc5bb62b09a5561008b61.jpg

RIP Pat Roach.
And named after the critic Pauline Kael!

I remember seeing this when I was what 17 and the entire cinema collectively groaned when he strode in.

GROANED at the sight of Kael, the coolest looking dude in the movie?? What the hell was wrong with them??

Man....I still want REAL action figures of Kael and Madmartigan. Not that crappy stupid little stubby plastic statues they released with the movie.

GROANED at the sight of Kael, the coolest looking dude in the movie?? What the hell was wrong with them??

Man....I still want REAL action figures of Kael and Madmartigan. Not that crappy stupid little stubby plastic statues they released with the movie
I love Willow but it’s the most shameless stealing from everywhere that I think I’ve ever seen. I was laughing from the very beginning when they stole from the Bible of all places! 1/6 figures would be amazing. Sorsha as well please. She was what kept me watching that film haha.

Well, you were 17....I was about....10? I think I was more in line with the target audience for that one.

I haven't rewatched it in years and I have ZERO interest in the Disney + version that's coming out. Big no thanks on that one.

But Madmartigan and Kael remain two of my most desired action figures, and two of the least likely to ever get produced by anyone!

Stabbed twice after taking a sword blow to the CHIN, don't forget! Yes, great fight scene and great death scene!

Back