Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I know what it means but it doesn't sound like an Adventure to dive into. No sense of danger or excitement.

Last Crusade wasn't a great title either but at least it had the word "Last" in it to make it sound final.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sounds exotic but again doesn't really present any sense of danger -- except maybe the use of the word "skull".

Raiders had the words "raiders" and "lost" in the title. Plus it was a wacky title at the time.

Indeed. It sounds airy fairy. :lol

Unless 'Elysium' is the name of the retirement home where he intended to spend his dotage in pampered luxury.

But he causes so much trouble for the staff and residents that the 'order of Elysium' is that he has to leave... Then his real adventure begins. :lol

Do you mean that sarcastically or do you have some inside knowledge of the film?😬
It’s sounds like typical Hollywood over reacting and turning everything female.

I know the numbers show females spend and control the lion share of household income , so it’s to be expected.....

but when the title is Indiana Jones, I want the film to be about him, not his female replacement.
Loki seems to be doing a good job of the feminization story so we shall see.

Aliens and now time travel,. That's Doctor Who territory, not early 20th century adventure. If true, it's going to be really strange seeing Indy time travel. :lol Just writing that sounds absurd. I guess time travel is all that's left for Indy to do, since he's been everywhere and done everything. That's the last frontier, time travel adventure.

KOTKS had aliens in it because it took place in the 1950's, and that was a popular 50's genre. Was time travel a thing in the 60's? Besides Planet of the Apes?

I really don't believe this will involve time travel... other than opening the movie in 1940's Nazi Germany with Indy on an adventure to recover a grail piece from the Nazis trying to get away with their stolen art on the train.

Then that same piece will be the McGuffin 20 years later for Old Indy. (Much like the opening of Last Crusade's Coronado's cross and that white hat villain)

Tying things back to the Nazis is usually a good thing for this franchise. Raiders and Crusade being my favorite two of the original trilogy. So having an opening with a deaged Ford as Indy dealing with Nazis sounds good to me. Die Glocke being a possible McGuffin is another great choice. Plenty of historical things they could play with there. I always felt when they had a well known historical McMuffin, the story is was better. Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull’s McMuffins we’re fine but it’s hard to top the Ark of the Covenant and Holy Grail. The Spear of Destiny might be another good choice with ties to the Nazis and historical religious significance.

Unless it’s the main point of the franchise like Terminator or Back to the Future, time travel should be avoided at all costs. Things just get way too messy and complicated too fast. Someone needs to coin a Butterfly Effect term for when film franchises resort to time travel :lol

Unless it’s the main point of the franchise like Terminator or Back to the Future, time travel should be avoided at all costs. Things just get way too messy and complicated too fast. Someone needs to coin a Butterfly Effect term for when film franchises resort to time travel

Indiana Jones and The Butter- Fly Effect. :coffee::sneaky:

They are going to play it safe. Last one was so bad, they will overcompensate with fan service. It will be like TFA, but where you will get every story element that was good in the Raiders and TLC films. Snakes, Nazis, already seen 2 seater MC, Young CGI Indy, CGI Connery, new woman to woo, betrayal, etc.

They are going to play it safe. Last one was so bad, they will overcompensate with fan service. It will be like TFA, but where you will get every story element that was good in the Raiders and TLC films. Snakes, Nazis, already seen 2 seater MC, Young CGI Indy, CGI Connery, new woman to woo, betrayal, etc.
Us watching the film.

rmK40ti.gif

The ultimate 4D experience.

Aliens and now time travel,. That's Doctor Who territory, not early 20th century adventure. If true, it's going to be really strange seeing Indy time travel. :lol Just writing that sounds absurd. I guess time travel is all that's left for Indy to do, since he's been everywhere and done everything. That's the last frontier, time travel adventure.

KOTKS had aliens in it because it took place in the 1950's, and that was a popular 50's genre. Was time travel a thing in the 60's? Besides Planet of the Apes?

austin-powers-gif-3.gif

Man I really hope these are bogus. I don’t want the mantle picked up by anyone and I REALLY don’t want time travel. Oh well guess time will tell.

Back