Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was a multi billionaire I would pay each of these 25 million to sit with me for an evening long conversation:

Ford
Schwarzenegger
Stallone
Gibson

Ok ok fine Hamill and Willis too lol
Wouldn't mind seeing one of those Actor's Round Table things with that kind of group. I've often been curious what it'd be like to see big name actors who've never worked with eachother before having conversations - actors who are equally famous and yet wouldn't even be in the same ballpark in terms of acting ability and the types of roles they're famous for. Imagine Arnie and Anthony Hopkins having the chats :lol

It gets worse. Disney will pimp out Ford and have him visit children's hospitals dressed like Indy. Seeing the joy in those parents faces will make Ford's little heart grow 3 sizes. However, once those children see him ask their parents why there's an old man with a whip in their room, Ford will become even grumpier. :(

If I was a multi billionaire I would pay each of these 25 million to sit with me for an evening long conversation:

Ford
Schwarzenegger
Stallone
Gibson

Ok ok fine Hamill and Willis too lol

Favreau would be my first choice of Hollywood people to have dinner with. I can't think of very many others I would even care to meet.

Favreau would be my first choice of Hollywood people to have dinner with. I can't think of very many others I would even care to meet.
That's a great choice and I would go with that one too.

I'd also like Lucas just to challenge him on creative decisions. Probably wouldn't go well, but my opinions will finally go all the way to the top!

James Cameron for me. I want to tell him about the one true Terminator canon as detailed by ajp and myself this past year. :D

I'd also ask him what the hell he was thinking with Dark Fate and demand that he re-evaluate Alien 3 in light of him killing off John Connor like that.

Last edited:
I don't want to have dinner with any of them. The thought of having to sit there and listen to Arnold talk about himself for several hours might be enough for me to pull a Joker on him. :lol

No but seriously, I really don't see the point of having dinner with some actor or athlete just because I find some of their work entertaining. Sure, their work influenced my life, for better or worse, but that stuff is larger than any of them anyways. If I was an actor or filmmaker, then sure, that's different, but as a fan and not a fellow professional in that line of work, not thanks.

I'd rather have dinner with a historical figure that's been long gone out of curiosity to see what they really looked like or sounded like in real life.

Out of immense curiosity, what would you talk with him about?

Mostly I would just like to hear stories about behind the scenes stuff pertaining to The Mandalorian, Iron Man, and Elf. He seems like a nice guy who would have some interesting things to say based on a couple interviews I have seen. I would like to hear his take on all of the Star Wars films. And I would really love to hear what he honestly thinks about the present state of Star Wars and Lucasfilm and what he would like to see happen moving forward.

I don't want to have dinner with any of them. The thought of having to sit there and listen to Arnold talk about himself for several hours might be enough for me to pull a Joker on him. :lol

No but seriously, I really don't see the point of having dinner with some actor or athlete just because I find some of their work entertaining. Sure, their work influenced my life, for better or worse, but that stuff is larger than any of them anyways. If I was an actor or filmmaker, then sure, that's different, but as a fan and not a fellow professional in that line of work, not thanks.

I'd rather have dinner with a historical figure that's been long gone out of curiosity to see what they really looked like or sounded like in real life.
I’m sending Cruise, Travolta, Richard Simmons and Carrot Top to your home lol

Compared to Indy, 50 is still young. To put it in perspective, Short Round is in his 50's.

I don't want to see Indy fist fighting young guys. It makes no sense. Just have him use his whip more and shoot people, which he didn't do that much in KOTKS. He needs to kill more people than he did in KOTKS. Young CGI Indy can do all the fist fighting.
Excellent questions : Indy punching anyone at this age is going to look stupid as hell.
Punch some young guy is going to look worse.

he should have a rematch with the scarred battered Nazi strongman from the airport, cause he, of course , survived.

Harrison is now older than George Hall was when he played old Indy in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, though George was playing a 93 year old.

But even at 93, Indy had some fight left in him:

Old Indy: "Indiana Jones in an old peoples home! It's inconceivable!" (Episode: "Vienna, November 1908")

oi.jpg

He did get stuck up a tree trying to rescue a cat though. :lol

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

Not gonna lie I would chase Ford for a signature and I wouldn’t even have to run that fast lol
Having actually met the man, he was polite , but you could tell he was not really interesting in signing anything or taking pictures.

I shook his hand, talked with him for a few moment and left. I had a carded Han I saved to ask he would sign it, it I could tell he was not interested.
It was funny watching him walk around past people and half the people didn’t know it was him.
He opened a door for two chatting ladies and they didn’t even know it was him till I told them who just held to door for them......

They kinda freaked out when they realized.

This was during the filming of Random Hearts.

I met HF in a professional setting in a small group (dailies for mid-90s movie) and he was pretty cool and laid back, joking around and laughing.

What was funny is that he arrived (in the tiny screening room) after the lights had gone down and I just heard his voice right behind me and I knew immediately who it was.

Back