Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true, I was about to make a comparison to Unforgiven (which is clearly a far superior film) but holy crap now I'm seeing that Eastwood was "only" 62 in that film? Damn Ford is old lol.
With that in mind it had me really impressed with what he was able to do in this. Just praying it was truly his LAST ONE.

With that in mind it had me really impressed with what he was able to do in this. Just praying it was truly his LAST ONE.
No kidding! I can't believe he is so much older than Clint was in Unforgiven, *especially* with all the running, jumping, climbing, punching, etc., in this one. By all rights this movie should have been the most catastrophic embarrassment and the fact that it wasn't is a pretty mind-blowing accomplishment.

Love it or hate it , this movie won't last long. Kids and young people just won't see it. Neither would I if I were 15 or 20 again. The movie is so "your parents action hero" movie... and who wants to see that? It will likely be remembered as a huge bomb, never making its money back... maybe even a swan song for the 80's at long last.
Not seeing it anyway, thought Critical Drinker was going to spit in his comments (I don't always agree with the guy, but he's insightful and often hilarious).

There are things that happen in this that are instant turnoffs for me, IMO the refuge of writers out of ideas.

Indy and his Dad riding into the sunset. Done. Not being petty, sometimes you have a perfect meal and you don't have to spoil it by stuffing in stale cake later. Tho have seen KOTCS. Once. Not need to watch that again.

No kidding! I can't believe he is so much older than Clint was in Unforgiven, *especially* with all the running, jumping, climbing, punching, etc., in this one. By all rights this movie should have been the most catastrophic embarrassment and the fact that it wasn't is a pretty mind-blowing accomplishment.
Movie Magic.jpg

Just read an article about a small part in the film that I thought was a cool little scene. I had missed the connection.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just read an article about a small part in the film that I thought was a cool little scene. I had missed the connection.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That did occur to me while watching the ending, especially with all the warriors calling the plane a dragon.

I don't think we need spoilers anymore. No one else is going to see this. :lol

Regarding Mads surviving that "first death" aboard the train without damage, I could have sworn I saw a subtle healed 'wound' on his forehead multiple times in certain lighting, subtle but there -- which I assumed was from that hit. Maybe its just Mads actual forehead? I also though that's why he had that gray hair spilling over his forehead alot -- so he wouldn't have to go to make-up.
I'm more perplexed as to how Voller looks like he's barely aged at all in 24 years (aside from some grayer hair), while Indy looks absolutely ancient compared to his 1945 self...

I'm more perplexed as to how Voller looks like he's barely aged at all in 24 years (aside from some grayer hair), while Indy looks absolutely ancient compared to his 1945 self...

That was a bit weird, as soon as you do the math, Mads looks about right as a 50 something scientist who was about 25+ in 1944 (he may have even been younger)... but Indy seems much older.

I suppose, if you are to believe Indy in Raiders is 35 years old (character not actor) and its 1936, then he'd be 68 in 1969... maybe I can buy that?

Last edited:
They did kind of write it into the story by having Indy instantly recognize Voller (since he ages like Paul Rudd) with Voller not recognizing Indy.

Then again LFL wants us to believe that these two are the same age so who knows, lol.

60dc4dba32bf79626a54993c1f5f67c23fa6b80822067d35d9548793e0e7f441_1.jpg

Back