Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad that this film allowed him to end on a high note.
He could have been a bit less resigned, and more proactive in his final choice, but yeah, I agree with that end, and reunion with Marion it was a fair and satisfying way to close out his story, and for Ford.

So, now with Mutts confirmed dead, and Helena not getting the hat (as some predicted), and none to continue as the new Jones, this continuity is done.

Are people ready for the inevitable Disney reboot? With plastic Ryan Gosling or Chris Pine, or the likes?
Or worse knowing Disney direction, since their reboot isn't beholden to anything, the new gender and race swapped Indy? Whose is now a virtue signaling social justice warrior, trying to return artifacts from museums, to their original place? I know some here are dying for that, Enjoy! :lol
You mean the white man who is paid to go around the world stealing indigenous people's sacred artifacts saying they "belong" in a Western artifact lock-up ("museum") where they can be held in perpetuity for sorting into a primitivist scale of human endeavor seen solely from a Western perspective? That Indy?

Personally I have no interest in a ridiculous Disney reboot reimagining and "fixing" the character (by that I mean removing his balls), for this^ modern virtue signaling audience.
For me he pretty much began and ends with Ford.

There is however if they wanted to continue the spirit of the franchise, a somewhat less defined prototype character I would follow, without ruining Jones. And wouldn't be so much a reboot degrading the original, but more a prequel, adding to it.

That is the untold adventures of Fedora/Abner Ravenwood (in the original script) before he had Marion or met young Jones.
Moving away from the woke garbage Disney is moving towards, and instead further back into the pulps, and movie serials Lucas and Spielberg grew up with.

A more morally ambiguous character and even more of a soldier of fortune. Being somewhat less defined they can still cast someone new to great effect ....
7rdre9.jpg

7rdsx2.jpg

Though it makes to much sense, and would actually have to add to the franchise not replace it, so they will never do it.
Ofortunatley, instead the new "creators" at Disney who don't actually like and resent the character and the world he represents, will want to reboot (I mean "fix") Jones, to their likeness and for todays audience.

Last edited:
Never in a million years did I ever think I'd pass on seeing Keaton return as Batman on the big screen. Then with all bad press that DOD was getting before release and Ford's age I thought well I guess I'm good at skipping Indy too. Now I feel like I was like Indy himself just being
Spoiler Spoiler:
until my own son said he thought it looked cool and wanted to go and so I begrudgingly took him. Now here I am with jye and Wor-Gar(!) and quite a few others having gotten to really enjoy one last adventure from such a beloved character that ended in satisfying fashion. Thank God I didn't miss out!
Actually you didn’t pass on Keaton Batman he wasn’t the real 89 Burton Batman so i’m glad he kicked the bucket lol

Actually you didn’t pass on Keaton Batman he wasn’t the real 89 Burton Batman so i’m glad he kicked the bucket lol
Oh okay. As my son and I were about to leave the lobby I wondered if I should peek into a showing of The Flash to see Indy and Keaton on the same day to recreate a little bit of 1989 and ended up going "nah" and just headed to the car, lol.

Oh okay. As my son and I were about to leave the lobby I wondered if I should peek into a showing of The Flash to see Indy and Keaton on the same day to recreate a little bit of 1989 and ended up going "nah" and just headed to the car, lol.
Part of me is just kidding he was actually pretty bad ass himself in the movie.

You forgot to mention that you guessed Sallah sung that song again outside indys apartment. Freaky, and it certainly wasn’t needed.

Crusade is better, just for Connery alone. He was hilarious
Yeah not in a million years would I rank this higher than Last Crusade. I can kinda understand the criticism that it softens Indy too much or is too lighthearted in tone, but the banter between Indy and his father is fun as hell and the action sequences (just that tank battle alone!) are more genuinely thrilling than anything we got in the last two movies.

You are an absolute breath of fresh air. I'm happy you had a good time with good company. Sometimes I think we all get caught up in such political nonsense that we forget how to have a good time. Cheers mate, you made my day :)
Thank you my friend, you have made mine too.
Next...Mission Impossible followed by Barbie just for fun.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention that you guessed Sallah sung that song again outside indys apartment. Freaky, and it certainly wasn’t needed.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. That's the type of thing that bugs me and I thought there would be a lot more of those callbacks in the movie... but thankfully there wasn't.

Also, I noticed particularly in the opening 20, that the music was a hodge-podge of Williams greatest Indy hits playing throughout the sequence, almost like they cued it from his first three scores and left that in.

The villains in this movie were almost scary in how casually they killed anyone who even remotely inconvenienced them regardless of that person's status. Almost like I was watching The Departed or something, lol. Definitely "Logan-esque" in that regard.

In terms of cinematic adventures, I think we're done. I wouldn't, however, put it past Disney to revive the franchise somehow on Disney+.

We will see....

The villains in this movie were almost scary in how casually they killed anyone who even remotely inconvenienced them regardless of that person's status. Almost like I was watching The Departed or something, lol. Definitely "Logan-esque" in that regard.

That may have been the singular point that really worked for me in this -- it changed the tone to something more dangerous (I think we're saying "more grounded" because of it) and gave this tired formula and that old man a really jolt of "thrill and threat". You instantly rooted for Indy to "get out of there" or "get 'em"...

The dumb old gag of "I hate Nazis" is the silly version... while having one of these new villains just coldly gun down an innocent is much more effective in stirring emotions.

Yes, that was a bad hole... I forgot to add that to the whole CIA nonsense that didn't make much sense.

Well Indy didn't commit those murders so I'm fine just assuming that he was eventually cleared, possibly not even arrested now that Helena was back and could speak on his behalf. Yes it wasn't technically "resolved" on screen but I'm not counting it as something I needed to see. I get why people would scoff at it though.

On another note I did find myself chuckling at how
Spoiler Spoiler:

And the lead henchman was played by the same actor (Boyd Holbrook) that was the main baddie in Logan.

That may have been the singular point that really worked for me in this -- it changed the tone to something more dangerous (I think we're saying "more grounded" because of it) and gave this tired formula and that old man a really jolt of "thrill and threat". You instantly rooted for Indy to "get out of there" or "get 'em"...

The dumb old gag of "I hate Nazis" is the silly version... while having one of these new villains just coldly gun down an innocent is much more effective in stirring emotions.
Yeah they were so effective at conveying that that I felt bad for that one angry cab driver even though his fate was entirely off screen.

I think the CIA subplot -- whatever it was -- could have been dropped and no one would have missed it. Seems its only connection was to establish Voller as a von Braun type rocket scientist, which could have been (and was) just stated.

That said, that subplot allowed for the lion's share of nasty murders so I'm glad it was there for that.

Oh, one thing I forgot to highlight was in the "opening", that little fight on the motorcycle was a particular highlight for me. I love that kind of stuff. Really wanted more of that. I was hoping the train sequence would have a much more complicated and fun climax but it was mostly standard.

Back