Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13C08200-F2DF-417D-9503-28D65000B90A.jpeg

Trailer wasn’t as bad as I was afraid it was gonna be, and it actually made me a little more excited to see the movie. Before that, I was debating actually never watching it.

But that title. 🤮

I’m really surprised how many people in this thread and others are skipping the cinema more and more. There is no way I’m not seeing this in the cinema, it’s a completely different experience I don’t care how big people’s tv’s are. I’ve seen every Indy movie good and bad at the cinema and that ain’t going to change. As an aside, Raiders is a religious experience for me at the cinema. Cinema is going to bite the big one eventually, hopefully not in my lifetime.
Going to the movies back in the day was an experience. People would buy their tickets as soon as the box office opened and line up early to be able to grab some of the good seats, eat take-out while in line, chatting face to face about the movie or movies in general. and getting to know others and once in a while making lifelong friends.

I remember doing all that. I also remember going to the Cinedome with their stadium seating and people would bring beach balls to knock around while we waited for the movie to start.

Century-Theaters-lrg.jpg

You don't see that anymore if at all. I miss those days.

Yeah was in theaters for the first, and though they've been progressively worse, and Crystal Skull has me guarded against yet another, I'll still be in theaters for this one. Love the character.

And that they are acknowledging his age. The opportunity to change something in time (if that's the case), and likely the need to let it go.
Seems like the most legit thing to explore with this character at his age, about digging up and surviving the powers of the past. One of the best lessons passed on from his father.
Don't get the whining about his age or the possible time anomaly artifact as the fantastic Mcguffin quest.
All seem like legit elements to explore. I respect the director, I'll see how they pull it off (and in the Theater) , before condemning it.
Yeah thematically I can see the time travel idea making a lot of sense for an older Indy. It just seems like a tall order to make it actually work on screen and not seem as silly as all the interdeminsional being nonsense in the last one.

Although I suppose instead of actually traveling back through time they could influence their younger selves somehow, or maybe the artifact itself can change history...

I’ve also got a repertory cinema within walking distance thank god and they often put on specific marathons and events. Just get out and support your favorite cinemas while they still exist.

Nice to finally have a clear version of the trailer, but it's still not wowing me very much. Just a montage of random action sequences that don't feel all that Indy to me.

I will say Ford looks great though, and like he's barely aged at all since Indy 4. Unlike in the ST where he looked absolutely ancient.

Also interesting to see him wearing the tie again.
Really? He looked like a decrepit old codger in Crystal Skull too? :lol

I just hope he doesn’t use guns against any of the Nazi’s because Indy should be able to defeat the Nazi regime by not fighting what he hates but by saving what he loves.
So he's time traveling so he can bang Elsa from TLC again? Makes sense to me - sex triumphs over fascism lol...

Back