InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was always the case. There’s some mad clause where only the utmost high end (therefore expensive) merchandise will be permitted for that movie.
Bingo.

John even says in the video that the high price is a mandate requested by the licensor and they have zero control over it. What an insane thing to force onto these companies for your license. :ohbfrank:

It's also 100% the reason why Hot Toys probably did nothing with it. How does Hot Toys justify an $1000 Phoenix Joker? At least Inart can pad it up with rooted hair + 2 figure pack but Hot Toys has nothing to offer at that price range so they didn't do anything.

This was always the case. There’s some mad clause where only the utmost high end (therefore expensive) merchandise will be permitted for that movie.
Sad but oh well. I do agree with Bleah. Overpriced toy for an overrated film. I loved it but I can see why some don't. Todd Phillips trying to push it as such with this "high end" crap ain't helping.

Sad but oh well. I do agree with Bleah. Overpriced toy for an overrated film. I loved it but I can see why some don't. Todd Phillips trying to push it as such with this "high end" crap ain't helping.
Ye, at Aragorn’s price I may have bitten simply to add him to my Batman display but, without a Batman to pair with him and the minimum 1k spend + the fact that, despite enjoying the movie- more-so for the performance than anything else- it’s just not an iteration of the character I’m all that partial to or need represented in my display.

‘They don't want to reveal too much anymore due to them being so open last week back firing on them from people criticizing them for not following their schedule. Will keep stuff more closer to the chest moving forward.’

And so it begins; the inevitable retreat from customer-engagement due to entitlement. Who could have ever seen that coming…

‘They don't want to reveal too much anymore due to them being so open last week back firing on them from people criticizing them for not following their schedule. Will keep stuff more closer to the chest moving forward.’

And so it begins; the inevitable retreat from customer-engagement due to entitlement. Who could have ever seen that coming…

Yep. "The People" always ruin for themselves. :lol

Enjoyed the Joker movie but no interest in that figure. Will save my money for the trinity, assuming they still make those figures.
Agreed. Really liked the movie but no interest in having this version of the Joker on the shelf.

And yes, apparently Wonder Woman and Batman are still planned as those are who were asked about. No one asked about Superman, but I can't imagine they'd make only 2 of the 3.

Last edited:
Agreed. Really liked the movie but no interest in having this version of the Joker on the shelf.

And yes, apparently Wonder Woman and Batman are still planned as those are who was asked about. No one asked about Superman but I can't imagine they'd make only 2 of the 3.
Listening to that stream now. Interesting John says they keep a log of requests. We all need to spam them about Batman Begins, Zoe Kravitz Catwoman etc :lol

Another joker before so many other characters Eh!
From what John said it sounds like they are taking their time to perfect the long rooted hair and seamless bodies before moving forward with their first female figures. Don't mind that if it means they get it right.

From what John said it sounds like they are taking their time to perfect the long rooted hair and seamless bodies before moving forward with their first female figures. Don't mind that if it means they get it right.
seamless body would be a huge plus for the figures that call for it.Will be interesting to see what JND offers in the 1/6 scale department .John mentioned another company will be doing 1/6 pretty sure thats who hes talking about. Think they would be a stiffer competition for them them then the others.we will see in the yeeeears to come.

Jesus $1K for a 1/6 Phoenix Joker figure?
Thats beyond insane.
Hell, I managed to got the incredible 1/4 Prime One exclusive Phoenix Joker for less then that (though retail is of course over $1K - Prime 1 always is) and that is an amazing piece, a mixed media statue with a truck load of accessories, an enormous diorama piece and swappable hands....
Short of being a TRIPLE pack with a diorama or maybe even 2 to make it worth the cost then to be frank unless people have money to burn I just don't see it being that popular a pick by collectors.

And I LOVE the film.

Jesus $1K for a 1/6 Phoenix Joker figure?
Thats beyond insane.
Hell, I managed to got the incredible 1/4 Prime One exclusive Phoenix Joker for less then that (though retail is of course over $1K - Prime 1 always is) and that is an amazing piece, a mixed media statue with a truck load of accessories, an enormous diorama piece and swappable hands....
Short of being a TRIPLE pack with a diorama or maybe even 2 to make it worth the cost then to be frank unless people have money to burn I just don't see it being that popular a pick by collectors.

And I LOVE the film.
It will likely be a double pack with lots of accessories and maybe some kind of stage or dressing room chair and table combo. I'm excited to see how good it will inevitably look

InArt after Joker and Jail Cell double pack PO backlash-
‘We’ll never lock a figure behind a $1k paywall again.’

Viper-
1673653879960.gif

I agree.
10 years ago, if someone have told us that people would have spent 1K for a 1/6 figure, nobody would have trusted and everyone would have laughed…

Back