InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is $1k for Phoenix joker ‘mad’ and $1k for Ledger joker acceptable?
One is a standalone, the other one gives you a reason to spend another k on a future Inart TDK.

Joking aside, some people seem to think Joaquin’s Joker is not THE Joker, but something different. And with that I agree. That’s not to saying it’s a bad movie, but it’s just not a normative (whatever that means) Batman Joker, it’s its own thing, and when not looking at it from the prism of DC and/or Batman, it’s a wonderful movie about mental health, with just a little touch from the comics (the shameless, corrupted people of Gotham).

I wouldn’t get Joaquin’s Joker as a Joker, I would get it as a piece from a wonderful movie that was very successful in depicting the psychological journey of a mad man in a mad world. Joaquin’s interpretation was the cherry on top. My 2 cents.

Why is $1k for Phoenix joker ‘mad’ and $1k for Ledger joker acceptable?
There was a $350 option for Ledger from InArt and wayyy cheaper alternatives from other companies in various scales whereas the entry point for owning a Phoenix Joker has been set at $1K. That’s the mad part.
One is a standalone, the other one gives you a reason to spend another k on a future Inart TDK.

Joking aside, some people seem to think Joaquin’s Joker is not THE Joker, but something different. And with that I agree. That’s not to saying it’s a bad movie, but it’s just not a normative (whatever that means) Batman Joker, it’s its own thing, and when not looking at it from the prism of DC and/or Batman, it’s a wonderful movie about mental health, with just a little touch from the comics (the shameless, corrupted people of Gotham).

I wouldn’t get Joaquin’s Joker as a Joker, I would get it as a piece from a wonderful movie that was very successful in depicting the psychological journey of a mad man in a mad world. Joaquin’s interpretation was the cherry on top. My 2 cents.
That’s how I view the movie.
It really seems like it was an entirely standalone script initially that tackled societal apathy or derision towards the mentally ill, the laughably ineffective practices of the mental health system, wealth distribution and the contempt and abuse of the lower class by the upper etc but was adapted to include the Joker gimmick and ties to Gotham in order to draw an audience.
No one would have gone to watch INCEL: The Last Laugh.

Joker was definitely a great movie. It exposed uncomfortable truths about society and our approach to mental health, especially back then.

To me it just has no rewatch value. Its a depressing watch, and meant to be that way. More a social commentary than a piece of entertainment.

I see everyone talking about how mad that the Joaquin Joker is set a 1K but no one is talking about how it is meant to be "limited". So probably expect a custom figure/artist edition, numbered type of figure when it releases. And who knows what the limit on the thing is? We might not even be able to get our hands on it if we wanted to lol

And John even mentioned how they're still figuring it out if it's gonna be limited or a 2-pack, we'll see I guess. But I'm willing to drop that kind of money if the quality they offers maintain/gets better

Forgot to mention that this Batman figure and the Ledger Joker were listed as a Tier 2 release for them. And the Joaquin was listed at Tier 1, so I can't imagine how good that figure will look if this and the Ledger Joker have looked amazing so far

Batman figure and the Ledger Joker were listed as a Tier 2 release for them. And the Joaquin was listed at Tier 1

NICE!

I'm guessing alot of the people that can't see themselves getting this will change their minds when the figure is finally shown... either because it is outstanding and/or because of FOMO.

In regards to Joker 2019 being a representation of The Joker from comics lore... personally, I see it as a variation of the character and a new interpretation of the "legitimate" Joker (whatever that is). To me, one aspect of the movie is: what if Joker was real? How would that happen?

That’s how I view the movie.
It really seems like it was an entirely standalone script initially that tackled societal apathy or derision towards the mentally ill, the laughably ineffective practices of the mental health system, wealth distribution and the contempt and abuse of the lower class by the upper etc but was adapted to include the Joker gimmick and ties to Gotham in order to draw an audience.
No one would have gone to watch INCEL: The Last Laugh.

And possibly, an actual semi-autobiography movie about Joaquin Phoenix.

NICE!

I'm guessing alot of the people that can't see themselves getting this will change their minds when the figure is finally shown... either because it is outstanding and/or because of FOMO.

In regards to Joker 2019 being a representation of The Joker from comics lore... personally, I see it as a variation of the character and a new interpretation of the "legitimate" Joker (whatever that is). To me, one aspect of the movie is: what if Joker was real? How would that happen?
Joker would fit any and all characters whose motives for their wrongdoing came from their mental health issues, since Joker is the most recognizable character of its kind, if not the first villain with that background - what I mean is that I think you’re right, and that the argument is compatible with what Chopper and I were saying.

Sometimes I’ve seen some characters in movies and thought “oh, that’s a good Joker”. Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa (Nazi Joker), Jodie Comer as Villanelle or even Michael Mando’s Vaas in Fary Cry 3 are characters that I’d say are just Jokers with a different touch.

Some people though prefer the older Joker, you know a more basic, two dimensional character who is mostly a representation of evil, and crazy people are crazy and belong in the place for crazy people. We are a different society now and The Joker is a more mature - and depressing - picture of that reality and it sure is a great Joker. I love that we might have 2 different Joker’s and hopefully two good ones at the same time. Too bad it seems one of them will never meet vengeance.

Last edited:
I'm betting on working curtains.

If InArt makes standard Joker AND Subway Killer Joker 2-pack... I'm so in.
Yeah- that sounds pretty great…
I say I don’t need him but, after InArt show what will presumably be their very first ‘Tier 1’ figure, I’ll be so impressed, I won’t be able to resist.

Yeah- that sounds pretty great…
I say I don’t need him but, after InArt show what will presumably be their very first ‘Tier 1’ figure, I’ll be so impressed, I won’t be able to resist.
Just think about the outter box size, and the number of boxes… If Tier 2 made it to 82cm and 3 boxes, Tier 1 must be 1.5 meters and 5 boxes.

Back