[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he offers the DX sets as a lot higher run number in the future than won't that cut down on the rarity of the DX set? The whole thing behind a DX set is its scarcity to begin with.

I agree that thinking about it as "I wanna buy it cause of the scarcity" is the total wrong attitude to have when it comes to this, and the folks that have that attitude tend to be the ones that intend to flip them.

"I want the definitive, and most complete version of a figure I'm investing in substantially" is the attitude I've always taken, and I feel the majority of the DX buying freaks have.

This is the correct perspective. Its a 'deluxe' offering of the standard set that often includeds sn additional head sculpt and/or accessories.

DX sets always have a smaller run though, which in turn adds to the rarity by default. Even if they do include extra items or an additional sculpt. Theyre still a more limited, therefore more sought after version.

I agree that thinking about it as "I wanna buy it cause of the scarcity" is the total wrong attitude to have when it comes to this, and the folks that have that attitude tend to be the ones that intend to flip them.

"I want the definitive, and most complete version of a figure I'm investing in substantially" is the attitude I've always taken, and I feel the majority of the DX buying freaks have.

It goes hand in hand actually.. scarcity is one of the reasons (maybe not a big one) that people buy RM or Iminime figures besides wanting a high quality 1:6 representation of said character, it adds to the collectibility of the figure. Most want to know that they have a very limited piece of art at the end of the day.

Not sure if you can blame iminime for being cautious. I dont think Denny's goal was to leave people out in the cold. I think he underestimated the demand. Which has steadily gone up with each release as word spreads (however subverted and underground it is) about their releases. I can tell you that future DXs will likely not be limited at pre-order with very few exceptions to avoid just what happened here. Think about it... for every person that sells their DX at a higher value than the original cost is money Denny and team left on the table. This secondary movement doesn't help them financially... well except for building the reputation of Iminime figures both in quality and scarcity... which to be honest can be viewed as a good thing that ANYONE would do for their respective business.

Bulls eye! ...

Best thing ive read in a long time! No more limited pre-orders will be a huge win for Iminime, thats for sure, even if some of the people who is looking for super limited runs stop buying, they are really a minority imo.

It goes hand in hand actually.. scarcity is one of the reasons (maybe not a big one) that people buy RM or Iminime figures besides wanting a high quality 1:6 representation of said character, it adds to the collectibility of the figure. Most want to know that they have a very limited piece of art at the end of the day.

You might, but I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to speak for "most" people.

You and me both, brother. I was looking at pics, and trying to match patterns, and it was like a chimp trying to solve a Rubik's cube.:lol

:lol:lol

The kid's a futz master. He makes it look easy

I appreciate that, thanks buddy:hi5:

I don't dive into custom stuff very often for various reasons, however I couldn't let this one pass me by, there's not likely to be a better Eastwood in the near future, so if your a fan this needs to be in your collection. The creation of this piece was the result of a perfect storm, not likely to happen again, glad to have it:)

You should hang on this side of the tracks a little more. You'll discover a completely different type of bizarre :lol.

This is a great piece and I'm glad you went for it despite not really being a custom guy. Now we have to turn Ecko out. Stop fookin' around and join the dark side!

You should hang on this side of the tracks a little more. You'll discover a completely different type of bizarre :lol.

This is a great piece and I'm glad you went for it despite not really being a custom guy. Now we have to turn Ecko out. Stop fookin' around and join the dark side!

Thanks pal,

I lurk the custom section from time to time, but I'll tell you why I don't hang here, there's a few reasons. One is I find buying custom piece a very frustrating process, first you see an interest thread of something you may want, then wait a couple of months to see if its a go, you got to keep sifting the thread for updates, then if its a go you find that you missed the time for ordering, it was at 3:15 am north korea time and you had only 4 minutes to place your order:lol

Reason two is prices are too high, don't get me wrong I know prices are going to be higher due to the small runs and artists time and all, but pound for pound I rather have a hot toys figure 9 times out of ten. I could spend 800-1000 on one rainman figure of say of taxi driver, or for the same money I could buy hot toys robocop with chair and ed209...... I'm going hot toys:wink1:

I get the benefit of custom stuff though, its the only place to get quality figures of licenses the big boys won't touch, which is exactly why I had to go for the cowboy.

Reason three is the elitist attitude by some members, there's a ton of cool freaks in the custom section, your one of them, but it seems to get overshadow by a group of complete doushes, folks who pounce on anyone outside there group who disagree with them. Then the whole group of them jump in like a pack of wolfs. There's also the aftermarket flipping that has over inflated prices to ridiculous levels:horror

Don't worry, I'll be around lurking in the shadows:wink1:

Thanks pal,

I lurk the custom section from time to time, but I'll tell you why I don't hang here, there's a few reasons. One is I find buying custom piece a very frustrating process, first you see an interest thread of something you may want, then wait a couple of months to see if its a go, you got to keep sifting the thread for updates, then if its a go you find that you missed the time for ordering, it was at 3:15 am north korea time and you had only 4 minutes to place your order:lol

Reason two is prices are too high, don't get me wrong I know prices are going to be higher due to the small runs and artists time and all, but pound for pound I rather have a hot toys figure 9 times out of ten. I could spend 800-1000 on one rainman figure of say of taxi driver, or for the same money I could buy hot toys robocop with chair and ed209...... I'm going hot toys:wink1:

I get the benefit of custom stuff though, its the only place to get quality figures of licenses the big boys won't touch, which is exactly why I had to go for the cowboy.

Reason three is the elitist attitude by some members, there's a ton of cool freaks in the custom section, your one of them, but it seems to get overshadow by a group of complete doushes, folks who pounce on anyone outside there group who disagree with them. Then the whole group of them jump in like a pack of wolfs. There's also the aftermarket flipping that has over inflated prices to ridiculous levels:horror

Don't worry, I'll be around lurking in the shadows:wink1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F157geaXp_w

Back