[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been an MIB collector, I just always kept them in there for protective purposes until I could get a suitable display case. I love those detolfs, so that may be one of the things I look into in the future.

Detolfs are great. They are very inexpensive and really show off a collection. I think they are only like $69 at Ikea. I have 7 of them and they are full, so I am going to have some figures boxed up and going to the closet:lol:rotfl

Detolfs are great. They are very inexpensive and really show off a collection. I think they are only like $69 at Ikea. I have 7 of them and they are full, so I am going to have some figures boxed up and going to the closet:lol:rotfl

Might be a little more for me if I have to factor in gas or shipping, as I think the nearest IKEA is in Columbus.:lol

Just received mine.. I guess there's nothing left to say about it.

Magnificent!!

Only missing the DX headsculpt :(

We all knew the headsculpt would be great. In relation to previous Iminime figures I've had, this one really excels in the clothing department though. I wouldn't say it is Rainman or Hot Toys quality, but very nice. The new KO TT body is also a nice change from some previous ones they have used.

Iminime has definitely made huge progress from their earlier stuff and I agree that Rainman's tailor is one of the best in the game, maybe only second to Kato; but for the type of outfits that Iminime tends to tackle, I think that they have Hot Toys beat in that specific class.

HT produces all the superhero stuff that only a big mass producing company can handle, no doubt. Like there's no way that the independent customizers and tailors could do most of the Avengers outfits or most of the stuff from lines like Batman, Man of Steel, etc. But while HT could make something that the little guys can't like Cap’s, Thor's or Loki’s outfits, oddly enough I feel that they lack in their efforts on the simple stuff. Like I fell that the better independent tailors have things like Coulson's suit beat and Kato's original handmade Joker outfit buries the DX11's. Another example, I bet if Iminime was to do an Indy outfit, they could outdo what we got in the DX05. It's odd how those more regular or simple outfits seem to suffer a bit from mass production and the handmade stuff that's done here on the board has a higher quality and more "special" feel to it.

After getting this figure, I have to say that this is definitely a hobby. For a long time, there, I handled these things like they were made of glass a millimeter thin. I barely posed them, etc., etc., and put them back in the box. I suppose that's partially because they were all superheroes, with pre-made suits and all of that, but, after taking his shirt off to see if the neck scarf may have fallen down, I've discovered that this is a hell of a lot of fun. Getting his shirt back in without bunching it up, reattaching and arranging the belts by looking at screenshots from the film. Hell, so far, I've almost got a perfect match if I can figure out a good way to tie his vest closed.:lol

I don't know. I like futzing, I guess. Getting the figure to look exactly how you want it is a lot of fun, and I've also discovered to treat these things like action figures by necessity (I.e. If I handled it the way I used to, I probably wouldn't have the vest on yet).:lol

That's what it's all about man! These things are fragile and you do have to handle them like glass... but by all means handle them! You took off your first shirt and saw that it's not so scary under there... you'll be doing beginner mods in no time :wink1:

Iminime has definitely made huge progress from their earlier stuff and I agree that Rainman's tailor is one of the best in the game, maybe only second to Kato; but for the type of outfits that Iminime tends to tackle, I think that they have Hot Toys beat in that specific class.

HT produces all the superhero stuff that only a big mass producing company can handle, no doubt. Like there's no way that the independent customizers and tailors could do most of the Avengers outfits or most of the stuff from lines like Batman, Man of Steel, etc. But while HT could make something that the little guys can't like Cap’s, Thor's or Loki’s outfits, oddly enough I feel that they lack in their efforts on the simple stuff. Like I fell that the better independent tailors have things like Coulson's suit beat and Kato's original handmade Joker outfit buries the DX11's. Another example, I bet if Iminime was to do an Indy outfit, they could outdo what we got in the DX05. It's odd how those more regular or simple outfits seem to suffer a bit from mass production and the handmade stuff that's done here on the board has a higher quality and more "special" feel to it.

That's what it's all about man! These things are fragile and you do have to handle them like glass... but by all means handle them! You took off your first shirt and saw that it's not so scary under there... you'll be doing beginner mods in no time :wink1:

I can't speak for their earlier stuff, but I'd say the clothing on this is top notch. To be honest, I judge things on their own merits, and, at the end of the day, this is neither a Rainman figure, nor a Hot Toys figure. With that being said, I don't care what others could deliver when it comes to this release.

What I care about is what this figure has to offer, and, when I feel and see clothing that is durable, accurate, and of very high quality, I've got to ask "why the comparisons?" Blondie's clothes are Blondie's clothes. If what's on the figure looks like what's on the film, and doesn't feel cheaply made, I fail to see how it can be "beat," so to speak.

Take Kato, for example. Is he an amazing tailor? Absolutely. If I could, I'd gladly own a Draper suit or something from TDK, but, at the same time, what is there to compare to? At the time, HT were the only ones doing stuff, and, as a former owner of the DX 01, when your figure has a collar thick as a piece of cardboard, and inaccurate colors and patterns, it can most certainly be beat.

My point is, as it stands, I don't think I'd need a Kato Blondie outfit, as there's nothing wrong with this one.:lol

But the only way you'll know if something is quality or not is to have a point of comparison. Back in 2003, folks marveled at something like Sideshow's Highlander figures. In 2008, collectors were blown away by the original Dark Knight figures. Now, that stuff seems quaint. So comparisons--explicit or not--are inevitable, and the way by which we judge any figure released. And in large part because of this, folks like Wake and Popcultkid have been pushing Denny on, so that we've come light years from the Seven guys to Blondie.

I disagree with Pop on the Hot Toys issue, as the better HT stuff I've had rivals any custom piece I've ever had in-hand. But we can agree to disagree on that. I definitely appreciate the hand crafted nature of the custom stuff though, and realize that it's more special in that sense.

Batfan, I think that you misunderstood my post, and I better clear that up before anyone else does.

My point was that the the custom tailors that we deal with on the board (Iminime, Yunsil, Kato, Lupita) make a better product than HT when you talking about that specific class of outfit (suits, outfits in the realm of Indy, Joker, Anton, Bateman, Blondie, etc.)

Last edited:
I get that, and respectfully disagree. I'm not talking spandex, rubber suits, and armors, but stuff like the Joker suit, Jack Sparrow's outfit, the Tech Noir Terminator, the Platoon guys, etc. Maybe Kato can beat any of that--I wouldn't know, as I've never owned a Kato outfit--but I would expect Yunsil to match it. Maybe beat it on occasion, but maybe not on some others. HT does phone it in from time to time--often for guys in suits--but they are capable of doing just about anything they want to.

But the only way you'll know if something is quality or not is to have a point of comparison. Back in 2003, folks marveled at something like Sideshow's Highlander figures. In 2008, collectors were blown away by the original Dark Knight figures. Now, that stuff seems quaint. So comparisons--explicit or not--are inevitable, and the way by which we judge any figure released. And in large part because of this, folks like Wake and Popcultkid have been pushing Denny on, so that we've come light years from the Seven guys to Blondie.

I disagree with Pop on the Hot Toys issue, as the better HT stuff I've had rivals any custom piece I've ever had in-hand. But we can agree to disagree on that. I definitely appreciate the hand crafted nature of the custom stuff though, and realize that it's more special in that sense.

Thanks bro :hi5:

We can happily disagree :), but I'll throw in '89 Joker too. I love that figure but the fabric suffers from the cheapy mass production syndrome. It would cost you but I think that the best tailors that this board has to offer could out do that too. Hell, Lupita's was better and she even got the pants pattern right and HT couldn't; and that was an old attempt too. She would do even better today

I understand the need for comparison, and my point was that things can be improved upon, but only to a point. I think we're at a point now where this hobby is starting to "top out," if you will. You take a Sideshow Star Wars figure from 7 or 8 years ago and compare it to something from today, and you'll see just how much things have improved, but where I'm coming from is, if you compare this Blondie to something on the market in 10 years, will it be the same scenario.

I know people always have the "toy" vs. "art" debate, but to relate that, I think any part of these things, detail-wise, that relayed the message of "toy" has long since died out. My point is that tailoring has advanced just as much as paint techniques have, and, with something like Blondie, I think that, if, somehow, someone was able to improve on it, it would be so minimal that, frankly, it wouldn't be worth it.

Batfan, I think that you misunderstood my post, and I better clear that up before anyone else does.

My point was that the the custom tailors that we deal with on the board (Iminime, Yunsil, Kato, Lupita) make a better product than HT when you talking about that specific class of outfit (suits, outfits in the realm of Indy, Joker, Anton, Bateman, Blondie, etc.)

No, I understood you. Rereading it, that previous post seems like it could be misconstrued as hostile, and I assure you that was not my intent, sir. I tried to clear it up a bit when addressing Kara.

Thanks bro :hi5:

We can happily disagree :), but I'll throw in '89 Joker too. I love that figure but the fabric suffers from the cheapy mass production syndrome. It would cost you but I think that the best tailors that this board has to offer could out do that too. Hell, Lupita's was better and she even got the pants pattern right and HT couldn't; and that was an old attempt too. She would do even better today

I have to agree with 89 Joker, to a degree. I love the suit, but Hot Toys and collars, man; those things are always just ridiculously thick.

DSC_0310_zps6271e977.jpg

DSC_0306_zps59606a73.jpg

DSC_0327_zpse3e3822a.jpg

DSC_0323_zps2f7bbc3b.jpg

DSC_0290_zps1fb2d445.jpg

This is truly an incredible figure. Top 5 in my collection. Im thinking I will replace the holster with something smaller, It's really oversized which is my only gripe with this release. I swapped the jeans with my pair of dark blue/black dyed Kato jeans (the originals were great as well, but, Kato is Kato..)

I also put him on a Slim top/ regular leg TT combination which I think achieves his slim frame perfectly. especially with the poncho on, the regular TT ends up making him way too top heavy.

v57r.jpg

m2t5.jpg

rijn.jpg

Those pics are gorgeous, guys; keep 'em coming.

...and you know that Blondie's the ultimate badass when he makes the giant, green monster behind him look like a chump.:lol

Sorry, but what means "dyed"(about jeans)?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dyed come from the word Dye. Its a process to change the colour of a particular object. Some things take well to dye while some things don;t.

RitDye.jpg

Great pictures, is the Clint figure taller compared to most of your 1.6 figures? I think in real life especially in his younger days he was a tall guy, IMDB has him as 6' 4"

Looking at the sculpt you could make a good High Plains Drifter figure too, would need a whip and the overcoat . I really like that movie to.

High%20Plains%20Drifter%201973%20720p%20BluRay%20X264%20AMIABLE.jpg

Back