Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Asmus, thanks for keeping us in the loop regarding this figure, it's definitely keeping the excitement going! That said, I have some observations just to make it even more screen accurate.

1 - The diamonds on the belt need to be embossed like the horizontal lines and they have faded gold leaf inside.
2 - The ties up the side of the vest are a dark tan colour.
3 - He has a bloody tear to his trousers above the left knee (from the fall down the cliff before he arrives at Helms Deep).
4 - There are 5 ties up the front of his vest made from a braided cord and the ends are finished with black stitching. I've swapped all the vest ties of my Aragorn figures using 1mm brown La Stephanoise braided cord and it looks as screen accurate as you can get at this level. These are also attached to the vest with a figure of eight knot. (I've attached an old WIP photo of my ongoing custom as a reference, they've been tied properly since!)

(Sorry if I seem fussy; this is what nearly two decades of obsession with the costumes from these movies will do to you!)

Hope some of these help!
cedc3a0c1f94c086719b65aae1dc5f15.jpg
3d507f5c407385a59ff239ff18f43939.jpg
b49729f0002deee085020b775f384f1b.jpg
31c275669bddfdc5e3fad4b5108e7ccb.jpg
517cf9fc95975f71a74bd68915ea2381.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hey Asmus, thanks for keeping us in the loop regarding this figure, it's definitely keeping the excitement going! That said, I have some observations just to make it even more screen accurate.

1 - The diamonds on the belt need to be embossed like the horizontal lines and they have faded gold leaf inside.
2 - The ties up the side of the vest are a dark tan colour.
3 - He has a bloody tear to his trousers above the left knee (from the fall down the cliff before he arrives at Helms Deep).
4 - There are 5 ties up the front of his vest made from a braided cord and the ends are finished with black stitching. I've swapped all the vest ties of my Aragorn figures using 1mm brown La Stephanoise braided cord and it looks as screen accurate as you can get at this level. These are also attached to the vest with a figure of eight knot. (I've attached an old WIP photo of my ongoing custom as a reference, they've been tied properly since!)

(Sorry if I seem fussy; this is what nearly two decades of obsession with the costumes from these movies will do to you!)

Hope some of these help!
cedc3a0c1f94c086719b65aae1dc5f15.jpg
3d507f5c407385a59ff239ff18f43939.jpg
b49729f0002deee085020b775f384f1b.jpg
517cf9fc95975f71a74bd68915ea2381.jpg

Let me look into it

I could be mistaken, but Aragorn got a new set of shirt an pants at Helms deep as both had rips from his fall off the cliff. While the pants are still black, Aragorn's new shirt was reddish.

Also, as a figure, while the tear in the pants could be accurate, a hole in the pants exposing a knee joint wouldn't be appealing IMO.

I could be mistaken, but Aragorn got a new set of shirt an pants at Helms deep as both had rips from his fall off the cliff. While the pants are still black, Aragorn's new shirt was reddish.

Also, as a figure, while the tear in the pants could be accurate, a hole in the pants exposing a knee joint wouldn't be appealing IMO.
The trousers stay the same through the battle as you can see the tear when he's fighting. He does get the new red shirt though.

The trousers stay the same through the battle as you can see the tear when he's fighting. He does get the new red shirt though

Either way, a tear in the pants is something that can be easily done by the collector. I rather have no hole than an exposed knee joint though I do appreciate your attention to detail. Just not something I would personally want regardless of how accurate it may be to the scenes

Not sure how others feel, but I've never been a fan of the partially-open mouth sculpts on figures.

can we get the outfit separate (LOOKS AWESOME)... because not liking the pic of the actual figures face at all?!

That's great news. To be fair, that blurry photo didn't exactly do the new sculpt many favors but I did like the more stern, aggressive expression. Just please, please sort that hairline seam!

Also, great shout on the Toybiz scans. Surely there would be something worth using there with some tweaks? Their super poseable Helms Deep Aragorn is still great looking after all these years.

I actually like this sculpt. (Hair seam aside.) Would have liked to see better pictures, of course, but I can see quite a lot of Viggo in there. Which is no small accomplishment, considering that man has a face that is apparently extremely resistant to being replicated in collectible form.

Can we see the new sculpt with new hairline plz?

When will Aragorn go up for preorder?

I have been waiting since TT for someone to do this Helm's Deep version.

We are on to Beta test 3.0,
which our art director SHand disapproved, again.
so, going to 4.0 at moment...

20200416_144721.jpg

Back