Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely yes to new or the original fabric boots. The pair that came with the slim version were terrible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would have wanted his coat and othe stuff but it's helms deep so i get it. But i agree with everyone newer fabric boots are a must. New sculpt with fur hair like gandalf.

Real chainmail is still too expensive to the prospect of mass production at moment. Unless there is an invention of using machine to make them, at moment hand make real chainmail in 1/6 is properly impractical, it will simply takes too long to do.

I don't know if you guys know, but the good old days of cheap labor in China is long gone... workers in factory is carrying smartphone, playing online games, go to movies and dress nice in now. Off work on Sunday is even a must condition in their contracts.

The double shift, hard labor, even law breaking child labor is no longer exist, you cannot even find young guys around 20's to work in a factory, they rather work in McDonalds or drive Didi (China's uber)

Times are changing

Thanks be given to the Gods that all those terrible times are long gone in China. Maybe now, and with the advent of robots in all manufacturing sectors, one day manufacturing will eventually come back to the western countries. Not as many jobs as back in the day, but good quality jobs anyway (plus geostrategic independence).

Concerning real chainmail being too expensive or difficult to do:

wonder_Festival_Exclusive_Coo_00_Hospitaller_Head_chainmail_Helmet_Weapons_Shield_Vest.jpg

They are doing it. It is an exclusive, I don't know how much they were running for, but real chainmail is coming up and Asmus had better jump in as soon as possible.

The first release had real fabric boots which I prefer to the sculpted. So if they could go back to those that would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I concur. No more plastic footwear, especially if pleather can be avoided, like on this figs.

Oh Helms yeah!! This one has to be all about the sculpt and some seriously greasy hair. We already know Asmus will nail the outfit.

I concur. Nice chance for Asmus to show how much their sculptors have improved since the first rooted Aragorn head (the one that was sold loose and I bought).

Asmus will you make just the head available too for anyone wanting to upgrade their older Aragorn sets?
...or the head with the new stuff (if it turns out to be a regular release with few changes), so that we loyal customers from day one can switch outfits on our v1 Fellowship Aragorn.

At moment we have found Helm's Deep Aragorn does not have enough accessories opportunity, neither new ideas to make a big release,
so we are leaning to launch it as a "slim" type figure, use the old accessories, improve the vest (the weaving on the sides), a new head, and make it a light-weight boxed set to new collectors, or whoever really likes too~

Really?? Mr Asmus you talking about one of the key characters of the whole saga!

Here a list from the top of my head:

- Properly weathered (unlike v1) fabric (unlike slim) boots.

- Real metal chainmail (this is the Grial of 1/6 right now).

- Most accurate, realistic, expressive headsculpt ever to be released by Asmus.

- 3 different looks: Fellowship, Elrond's Council, Helm's Deep.

- State-of-the-art outfit, state-of-the-art weathering (weathering is paramount here).

- Accessories: LED-lit Weathertop torch, bundle of old swords for those Hobbits, LED-lit Palantir, broken Anduril.

- Base: can't think of anything.......

New collectors can buy our used-but-pristine v1 and slim Aragorns, which will be much cheaper than a Crown release. Don't you worry about them Asmus!! ;-p

Thanks,
m.

Hi Asmus!
I'm looking forward to birth of next beautiful Aragorn project !!
and....any chance of a deluxe version in crown series that will include some Strider gear like the coat, cloak and fabric boots and more?
and....Most accurate, realistic, expressive Aragorn headsculpt...I hope!!

Thank you and Best Regards

One of the things I'd like to see Asmus do with this next Aragorn release is add the details to the leather of Aragorn's belt like both the Sideshow figure and the ACI figure had. It's a small detail but one that has bugged me since the first release

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/0f/ee/ef0fee142e396bd8ac1faa382724af81.jpg
ef0fee142e396bd8ac1faa382724af81.jpg

https://www.therpf.com/forums/media...to-original-movie-prop.6031/full?d=1542136694
full

https://i.etsystatic.com/8174955/r/il/874c5b/1880178532/il_570xN.1880178532_7mr2.jpg
il_570xN.1880178532_7mr2.jpg

Also make the right glove better.... As you see it is longer, black leather, with a brown patch on the forehand
80a88e657731ec6032eab57c38c15777.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Real chainmail is still too expensive to the prospect of mass production at moment. Unless there is an invention of using machine to make them, at moment hand make real chainmail in 1/6 is properly impractical, it will simply takes too long to do.

I don't know if you guys know, but the good old days of cheap labor in China is long gone... workers in factory is carrying smartphone, playing online games, go to movies and dress nice in now. Off work on Sunday is even a must condition in their contracts.

The double shift, hard labor, even law breaking child labor is no longer exist, you cannot even find young guys around 20's to work in a factory, they rather work in McDonalds or drive Didi (China's uber)

Times are changing

Thank u for this comment - and sure the person who upgraded an Eowyn with hand-linked chain mail could comment - working with 4mm jump rings takes some skill and time. Plus choosing a base metal that isn't going to discolor and stain with age. Plus keeping the price to reasonable levels. (Also since I was working with Thorin, Bilbo, Eomer, and Gimli yesterday just wanna say again what a fantastic job:clap:clap:clap they are all beautiful)

I'd be a "new-ish" collector as didn't have a raging interest in Aragorn, but DO have a raging interest in Rohan and Helm's Deep. So I would buy a figure with great sculpt, preferably rooted hair, and ASMUS IMO nailed putting out costumes a while ago (while keeping affordable). Diecast weapons are always nice.

Both a new Aragorn (with weathering) and a new Legolas (rooted hair) would be most welcome. I like diorama bases, tho sure they add to shipping weight so can get by without - still, completely love Thranduil's base, so a bit of Helm's Deep walls or stairs IMO would be great. Like displaying Legolas slightly above Aragorn with bow etc. Also check and make sure bodies have good joints (Thorin, Bilbo, Gimli and Eomer are a pleasure to work with thanks to the tight joints:clap)

As excited as I am to see the progress on this, I hope they don't rush it out without improving stuff from the previous Aragorn, ie; a longer suede jerkin with the side lacing, longer belt with the correct diamond pattern, accurate sword straps with the gold parts, front lacing on the fly area of his trousers etc. Also, the horse heads embellishments on the leather V neck part of his chainmail. Little touches like that make all the difference!

As excited as I am to see the progress on this, I hope they don't rush it out without improving stuff from the previous Aragorn, ie; a longer suede jerkin with the side lacing, longer belt with the correct diamond pattern, accurate sword straps with the gold parts, front lacing on the fly area of his trousers etc. Also, the horse heads embellishments on the leather V neck part of his chainmail. Little touches like that make all the difference!

hi Kalkylen, great advice, thank you so much.

a longer suede jerkin with the side lacing : he does not wear it for Helm's Deep battle, but we sure will remember for later
longer belt with the correct diamond pattern : Done
accurate sword straps with the gold parts: Done
front lacing on the fly area of his trousers : This one we let it go, because it is hard to find more reference, and merely seen in most poses. Hope you understand.
Also, the horse heads embellishments on the leather V neck part of his chainmail : Done

hi Kalkylen, great advice, thank you so much.

a longer suede jerkin with the side lacing : he does not wear it for Helm's Deep battle, but we sure will remember for later
longer belt with the correct diamond pattern : Done
accurate sword straps with the gold parts: Done
front lacing on the fly area of his trousers : This one we let it go, because it is hard to find more reference, and merely seen in most poses. Hope you understand.
Also, the horse heads embellishments on the leather V neck part of his chainmail : Done
By jerkin I meant his suede vest he wears over the chainmail [emoji6] that's awesome about all the other details though; this is why we love you guys! Can't wait to see the final piece!

Awesome, you answered my question from another thread. Looks like you are pretty far along. I can’t wait to see the whole thing. Just an idea you may not like. If you nail the head sculpt it sure would be nice to be able to purchase it separately. I know I will buy this Aragorn and the loose sculpt if it was available. I bought the rooted one from the first Aragorn but sadly was not knocked out by it

Awesome, you answered my question from another thread. Looks like you are pretty far along. I can’t wait to see the whole thing. Just an idea you may not like. If you nail the head sculpt it sure would be nice to be able to purchase it separately. I know I will buy this Aragorn and the loose sculpt if it was available. I bought the rooted one from the first Aragorn but sadly was not knocked out by it

Seconded! I'd also love to grab an extra head sculpt if it's as good as I'm hoping it will be.

Back