Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good so far. Thanks for sharing.

Boots look to be 2 pieces: a sculpted "shoe" and the rest being fabric material. Could be wrong but that's what I'm getting from the pic.
They confirmed it would be a two-piece but I highly doubt the top part is fabric. I certainly want more fabric and other materials that simulate the real things wherever possible but they seem to do the majority of parts with rubbery plastic now.

King Aragorn in the background? Hm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, it’s just the reference they’re using for this figure.
3BDE68CC-42B9-4E8C-BE6B-490A4A379189.jpeg

Looking good to me so far. Please oh please the the boots allow for ankle movement. I am hoping to be able to get a lot of good poses with this one especially once we get some Uruk Hai! Would be neat if with Aragorn or the Uruk Hai we get a small Helms Deep diorama/base. It would be neat to be able to pose him on the wall battling an Uruk with another one climbing over the rampart.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I have the V1 Aragorn and the cloth boots just don't do much for me. They're obviously better for posing than non-articulated boots, but they just don't have the level of detail that the sculpted ones do. My preference is the two-part sculpted boot. But again, I know that's not the prevailing sentiment. Just this hoarder's two cents!

I can see why Asmus doesn't go the fabric route very often, though. It's gotta be way less of a headache for them to pop hundreds of sculpted boots out of an extrusion mold than it is to meticulously sew and glue each boot individually. If they've got a limited amount of time and resources for each figure, I'm always going to want them to spend most of it on the likenesses.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I have the V1 Aragorn and the cloth boots just don't do much for me. They're obviously better for posing than non-articulated boots, but they just don't have the level of detail that the sculpted ones do. My preference is the two-part sculpted boot. But again, I know that's not the prevailing sentiment. Just this hoarder's two cents!

I can see why Asmus doesn't go the fabric route very often, though. It's gotta be way less of a headache for them to pop hundreds of sculpted boots out of an extrusion mold than it is to meticulously sew and glue each boot individually. If they've got a limited amount of time and resources for each figure, I'm always going to want them to spend most of it on the likenesses.

I'm with you there, Bucky. Cloth (like faux hair) doesn't necessarily mean a better looking figure. And the head sculpt is the #1 part of a figure, for me. Hit that bullseye and it can elevate a so-so figure. Miss the target there and it will bring down an otherwise great figure.

Going to use this and put the coat and boots from the original release on it so I can have a strider, unfortunately the tunic on my original has started to peel in one spot so I sort of need this figure to fix mine. At least everything should be better quality

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

Sometimes I agree, but it also depends on the level of detail in the sculpt of the boot. If you have a sculpted boot that's lacking detail, no matter how good the rest the figure looks, those terrible boots are going to destroy the realism. Same can be said about cloth boots, if done well, they will elevate the figure to the next level of realism. Many of the HT SW figures have real fabric boots and they look great. If you compare the HT Obi-wan, Anakin, Luke etc fabric boots to the old Sideshow sculpted boots of the same figures, I would guarantee you prefer the new HT fabric boots vs those sculpted boots. Either medium can be great if done well or horrible if done wrong.

Stick with rooted hair for these guys. You guys excel with that. Also, a King Aragorn or Black Gate Aragorn is very necessary! Crown or not, lets make this happen. Root the hair always!!

Stick with rooted hair for these guys. You guys excel with that. Also, a King Aragorn or Black Gate Aragorn is very necessary! Crown or not, lets make this happen. Root the hair always!!

I?m with you on that. I definitely prefer rooted over sculpted.

Happy to take a delay on the release for this figure to have rooted hair.

Ha I think they’ve made their minds up and sculpted hair is going to be the new norm for all shoulder length locks. Theoden, Faramir and Aragorn all going sculpted seems to be solidifying the trend. Slaving over Gimli‘s beard must have been the last straw so rooted will now be more of a crown series thing. Galadriel is a different story because she simply has to have rooted hair. Her hair is the topic of great legends!

I’d love for Asmus to give Aragorn’s hair another go with rooted because the slim release is kind of like a load of brown straw shooting out of his head. Some custom re-hair jobs that get the texture and flow right improve that sculpt dramatically.

Ha I think they?ve made their minds up and sculpted hair is going to be the new norm for all shoulder length locks. Theoden, Faramir and Aragorn all going sculpted seems to be solidifying the trend. Slaving over Gimli?s beard must have been the last straw so rooted will now be more of a crown series thing. Galadriel is a different story because she simply has to have rooted hair. Her hair is the topic of great legends!

I?d love for Asmus to give Aragorn?s hair another go with rooted because the slim release is kind of like a load of brown straw shooting out of his head. Some custom re-hair jobs that get the texture and flow right improve that sculpt dramatically.

I really hope not. Sculpted to me, looks like a LEGO hair piece in most cases. Ideally, Asmus can go back to what they did with Boromir and release both sculpted and rooted. This can make everyone happy :)

I?m sure those who want rooted would be willing to pay for it, an extra 40 dollars or so.

Back