Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Asmus, got anymore photos to share while this thread is active? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

:hi5:
On FB on an unrelated figure post Asmus said preorder may be before February with a question mark.
Cheers for the heads up! Eagerly anticipating seeing the new sculpt...I really hope they have nailed it.

Hey Asmus, got anymore photos to share while this thread is active? [emoji6]

we are working on the Aragorn head at moment, once the expressioned face is done, we should have a full release~
PS: also the approval process is held up by Xmas holidays

we are working on the Aragorn head at moment, once the expressioned face is done, we should have a full release~
PS: also the approval process is held up by Xmas holidays
No problem, thanks for keeping us informed. Any more sneak previews of the updated costume perchance?

No problem, thanks for keeping us informed. Any more sneak previews of the updated costume perchance?

QQ图片201912221313472.jpg

Looking good so far. Seems like a new approach to the chainmail which, from those images looks more than satisfactory and should hopefully put an end to the expectation for actual chain links on future figures. It’s just not gonna happen at the necessary scale to look accurate. The other 1/6 real chainmail are far larger than any LOTR shirts.
Anyways, I think a dirty wash to dim it down a bit would make it perfect for me. From the looks of things, I’m now expecting to have to apply a lot of the muddy weathering myself but that’s fine as I guess not everyone is into that and it’s easy to do for those of us who want an Aragorn post the breaching of the wall.
However those look like the stiff slim release boots which are simply not fit for purpose. I don’t mind plastic or rubber boots but there needs to be either a decent amount of flexibility or a split at the ankle for articulation.

Everything about the tunic, it’s stitching and ties, the undershirt and the belt look fab. Additionally, I hope for an updated Elven knife- as the original doesn’t quite do it for me, and don't forget the Evenstar.

Asmus says there’s an ‘expressioned face’ so could this mean there are two heads coming? One neutral and one battle cry? Please say yes! Helms Deep A ta horn has got to be screaming.

Thanks for the photo Asmus, the vest looks miles better than the original and nice attention to detail on the hand stitching on the patches. I can't tell whether the fabric chosen is smooth leather or the correct rough side out/suede though but it should be the latter.

Also, just to echo what Chopper Face mentioned, the slim version boots desperately need replacing though as the feet on them are too flat and look like a ducks bill at present. I don't mind a solid boot but they'll need a better sculpt and please don't just make one and then flip the cast like the last slim version!

Very nice, the jerkin looks great and the chainmail is quite good, no need to change it for real chainmail it looks ok. But please do not use the slim release plastic boots, they are awful. The original fabric boots were great, or at least better quality plastic boots (I would prefer fabric).
:)

Agree with everyone else, not keen on those boots at all - but the rest of the outfit is looking great! :)

Upper body is looking great so far and I’m soooo glad they finally detailed the belt accurately. That’s been one of my frustrations with previous releases. I still have some spare V1 fabric boots I’ve been holding onto for a proper Aragorn figure should one come around. Also love that the jerkin looks accurate too with multiple pieces stitched together

While you are still in prototype phase on this, any chance we could get some new hands with the correct Ring of Barahir and more natural looking gripped and relaxed hands? The current ones from the previous versions look weird and unnatural. That includes the gloved hand too which doesn't look screen accurate at present.
92f9f3cfdea9509ba93defcc007ac6d0.jpg

While you are still in prototype phase on this, any chance we could get some new hands with the correct Ring of Barahir and more natural looking gripped and relaxed hands? The current ones from the previous versions look weird and unnatural. That includes the gloved hand too which doesn't look screen accurate at present.
92f9f3cfdea9509ba93defcc007ac6d0.jpg

yes, we are doing 3 pairs of new hands.

Follow up on the comment on the belt, we are now doing a soft PVC belt, so we can get all the detail right.
(cannot find the reply back in one of the pages, but thank you)

QQ图片20200113133537.jpg

Back