Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I was reading the posts during the weekend, noticed you guys mentioned a new Aragorn in Helm's Deep,
I thought it would be a good idea, so I brought to the boss and he likes it too.

Obviously, there is a chainmail underneath his vest, and no green leather coat

So just thinking we can gather some ideas here on what different/special accessories we can have ?

ie: battle damaged (blood, wounds and dirt)

I'd pay £££ for real chainmail hauberk (with the accurate horse head tooling to the leather collar part). Other than that, an improved suede waistcoat with the accurate mismatched patching and lace ties up the side is a must! Plus the red Rohirrim shirt with the black trim around the collar and I think that's the only variation from this regular gear. But dirty, orc blood covered hands would be neat too!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As someone who doesn't own any Asmus LOTR stuff yet but wants to get in on it, I can tell you I would buy the ***** out of this figure. Helm's deep is my favorite battle in my favorite film of the trilogy. You should do something to make his hair look wet for it. That would be awesome. Like rain soaked.

Great to hear this is being considered!! :yess: I really really need a 1/6 scale Aragorn figure in my collection as I missed the first one.

I don’t have many useful suggestions, except that if you can make a head sculpt that looks as good as the new Gandalf does (preordered already, thanks!) I would happily pay the Crown series price. Real wool hair, leather belts etc, proper chain mail. That would be incredible. As for accessories he doesn’t have much outside his weapons, especially if it’s Helm’s Deep-specific (so no Anduril). So if you wanted to bump up the contents, maybe give optional shirts etc that could be used for his Fellowship look (could even reuse the previous version parts?).
Black gate armour would be cool, but a very different look so probably too much to be able to keep the price down.

Maybe add a "Throwing Gimli"... just kidding.

If you guys keep this up, you'll soon surpass Hot Toys as the best 1/6 company out there.

I would love to see a new sculpt done, and as many mentioned nice chain mail would be great.

I am also hoping at some point we get some iconic orcs and Gollum :)

Quality chainmail for sure and a new sculpt (I like the old one but a new one is good)...not too many ideas from me unfortunately....I’d really like to see a king version

I really think it would be cool to have some Strider gear for those of us that want him to match the Fellowship as well as the Helm’s Deep look. I think have alternative looks for the Crown series is ideal for the cost for sure.

Very excited to hear about this, Asmus and would also love a Legolas at Helms Deep and as many Uruk Hai as you’d care to churn out. (And don’t forget about Haldir and his glorious armour.)

For Aragorn, I’ll say; definitely include the Evenstar, real chainmail is bit of a fantasy and something that most likely belongs in the Crown Series so something along the lines of how you did Eomer’s chainmail would suffice for me if you were to instead include 2 head sculps- one of steely determination and another of either gritted teeth or screaming. Helms Deep Aragorn is pretty intense so he needs to be displayed with something more than a blank expression. This one’s all about the action poses. The angry Logan sculpt by E1ev1en is the best example of a screaming face I know of so study that. Also; a very muddy paint deco on the clothing and especially the hands and fingernails with specs of blood and an effect to mimic the wetness of everything from the rain. Aragorn’s face was very dirty and sweaty and his hair is a wonderfully wild, wet mess.
I’d prefer you to use reference images from scenes after the wall was blown up. That’s when he’s at his most filthy and battle worn. Accessories don’t need to be extravagant as I feel that the majority of the production budget should go into the head sculpt, hair and thorough paint details. A body that can pull off his iconic charge pose is also essential.
If a diorama piece were up for consideration I’d choose a waist high piece of the top of the wall where he stands at the beginning of the battle with part of an Uruk ladder on the other side so perhaps one day we may add a Berserker to the scene. Failing that- just some mud and rubble... that’s all I’ve got for now.

Agreed - this release more than any other I can think of would really benefit from an alternate headsculpt - intense/angry with open mouth.

You should also throw in his grey/green elven cloak since he wears that with this outfit afterwards on the way to Isengard.

Oh, and a Brego re-release!

I am excited about the idea of a crown version of Aragorn!

I don’t care much for accessories; they have never really mattered to me. And unlike some of the others on here I wouldn’t want real metal for the chainmail if it would drive up the price.

By far the most important part is the headsculpt. I think that even if he didn’t come with much a terrific, rooted hair head sculpt is worth a premium price.

Really hoping for some real 1/6 chainmail. Caustic Plastic has managed it on several of their medieval figures, so it's definitely possible at the Crown pricepoint.

A crown series Aragorn is my number one want. I would prefer to be able to set him up as Helms Deep and the ranger. But you need to have ankle movement. That was my biggest gripe on the Slim version and why the original is still my favorite.

I really think it would be cool to have some Strider gear for those of us that want him to match the Fellowship as well as the Helm’s Deep look. I think have alternative looks for the Crown series is ideal for the cost for sure.
Yes please id buy this !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I don't need blood on his face. Just a new sculpt worthy of the Crown line. COO model has done some chainmail recently. Most people say it's a bit too large for 1/6 scale but it still looks pretty good. Also, if you can include a cloak and the coat for those of us that missed the earlier releases, that would be great.

Also Asmus, since you are reading this thread, do think about a Legolas that is worthy of the crown line. Can be a Helms Deep version to go with this Aragorn. Rooted hair and armor. Hobbit fully armored Legolas would be good too.

I feel like instead of just doing an accessory pack, you'd be better off doing a complete version of Aragorn for the Crown Line with his complete Strider gear (including his travel poncho and hopefully an improved, thicker quality green coat), elven cloak, chainmail, grey and red shirts, Andruil with correct belt and sheath. Maybe an alternative headsculpt (a better version of the original angry face sculpt) both with PERS. I'd rather spend more on a full, definitive version rather than incomplete piece-meal versions.

I feel like instead of just doing an accessory pack, you'd be better off doing a complete version of Aragorn for the Crown Line with his complete Strider gear (including his travel poncho and hopefully an improved, thicker quality green coat), elven cloak, chainmail, grey and red shirts, Andruil with correct belt and sheath. Maybe an alternative headsculpt (a better version of the original angry face sculpt) both with PERS. I'd rather spend more on a full, definitive version rather than incomplete piece-meal versions.

I like the way you think. I'm still up in the air on Gandalf but if they were to release an Aragorn with all of that at the higher price point I would get it.

Back