HT- PREDATOR- 'Billy' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the price at e-bay. Billy is getting pricier as days goes by. Get him while you can.

Yeah i think the face looks quite cool with the camo on it. The duran duran hair though i dunno that will probably have to go. With all his gear on he looks cool

On Billy's plus side there were no unpleasant surprises about him. He ended up being exactly what we always knew he was. Dutch on the other hand - great figure....apart from the small head and unnatural neck. A step down from the prototypes.

My Billy head is currently en route to a masterful painter. Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Even if the likeness is not great, I would sooner have accurate camo than the stock one.

My Billy head is currently en route to a masterful painter. Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Even if the likeness is not great, I would sooner have accurate camo than the stock one.
Can't wait to see your Billy repainted bro!! I want to get 1 but my wallet is already cryin' with Dutch,P1, & a SSC Celtic bio all hitting around the same time. :monkey2

I did a quick paint over of the Billy HS and I think Sonny is in the Sculpt at certain angles. In the hands of better painters than myself, I am sure that a really good likeness can come through.

I bought this head parted out on ebay, but have the full figure coming through some time soon so I'll add this head on to it when I receive it and post a follow up shot.

dsc05375k.jpg

dsc05373w.jpg

dsc05368d.jpg

dsc05377.jpg

Sorry for dark pics, not much light today.

It's a great repaint there but it still doesnt look like him.

Its funny cos Devil_666's photoshop job on the production pics did look like Sonny. I think the sculpt must have been changed somewhere aloong the line. Perhaps HT didnt wanna risk trouble even by just adding the blonde hair and make-up cos of Sonny's history with other toy companys.

Yeah Nicky, I think it it has to be the case of adding "Billy" into through the paint, as the sculpt itself bares little resemblance. I liken this to trying to repaint Yavin Luke lol. A lot of features are off, yet I do see a very minor likeness in the sculpt at certain angles. Unfortunately a lot of major features just aren't there.

I also saw Devils PS pic and agree it looks like Sonny too. Maybe it is harder to capture that look by paint than it is on computer - or just by me lol! :) From a distance, I do see Billy more than up close in the repaint. Still, I am sure better painters around can pull through a good job on making this one look like Billy. Look forward to seeing how others repaint this one :)

Quick question about Billy's army rank... he's just a Private? In a spec ops unit? Likely?

My guess is if there was a back story, that Billy held a higher rank and was busted down to private for some reason. Perhaps that regardless of being a Private, his tracking skills were unique, that Dutch could not find another suitable person for the unit. Also, Mac was only a Sergeant which is also not very high up in the military chain. So I'd assume Billy may also have been at that rank level before hand. Also, considering the other guys were clean cut, and Billy was long haired might suggest he was not on active duty and just called in for that specific job.

Then again, most of the guys when they stepped off DA CHOPPA in the beggining of the film had different attire, so maybe they had civilian jobs and just called in at short notice - wasn't Mac wearing a business suit? (Blain must've been working as an MTV Roadie) ..which might say they were on-call Mercs for the military. Who really knows lol ..but it is fun to speculate :)

Last edited:
I like your speculations greyrabbit! Billy is a bad ass anyway so his rank dont really matter. I've never given their back stories much thought - but you're so right... why is Mac in a suit for example? Why is Dutch called 'Dutch'? Cos of his accent? Kind of like Jean Claude Van Damme movies where they always try to give an explanation for his accent.

On the DVD commentary, I remember McTiernan explaining they decided to give each character a distinctive looking weapon and face camo paint to help the audience identify each member of the team. Hawkins and his 'cat' jokes was thought up by the actor and thrown in last minute. I wonder if there's any behind the scenes trivia or something that explains some of their back stories.

I always thought Mac was in the suit cos he was just naturally a well-dressed and groomed man. Blain I thought was just some hick on vacation at the time, same with the others. Dutch looked like he'd just been dragged off the golf course.

My guess is if there was a back story, that Billy held a higher rank and was busted down to private for some reason. Perhaps that regardless of being a Private, his tracking skills were unique, that Dutch could not find another suitable person for the unit. Also, Mac was only a Sergeant which is also not very high up in the military chain. So I'd assume Billy may also have been at that rank level before hand. Also, considering the other guys were clean cut, and Billy was long haired might suggest he was not on active duty and just called in for that specific job.

Then again, most of the guys when they stepped off DA CHOPPA in the beggining of the film had different attire, so maybe they had civilian jobs and just called in at short notice - wasn't Mac wearing a business suit? (Blain must've been working as an MTV Roadie) ..which might say they were on-call Mercs for the military. Who really knows lol ..but it is fun to speculate :)

i have never thought of that! i really enjoyed reading that! :lol

I dont know why but I always thought Arnie looked cool at the start of the film with his red polo shirt. Predator is Arnie's best film imo followed closely by Conan.

Back