HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

If you collect 12" figures to make money you're an idiot. Buy a figure if you like it, but only pay what you are prepared to own it - don't assume that you'll get your money back on resale. If you want "investments" go with limited edition statues. They are pretty much guaranteed not to be reissued.

The reality of 1/6th is that there will almost always be a better version of a figure coming down the track. Given the prices the Original Suit goes for on Ebay its no real surprise to see HT decide to do a variant.

I'd say most people upset with reissues and updates are collectors and not resellers.

If I pay close to $200 for a 1/6 figure I want it to be the best one available. What pisses people off is not that the value of the original figure went down but that you'd have to shell out another $200 for a superior version of the exact same character. Would you not agree that the $200 would be better spent on another character or something else you like?

Not everyone that gets upset is a reseller that's all I wanna say.

And in my opinion the paint on this Bale head is better then the sculpt is. It's good, but I still see things that are off.

I agree , it just look's like there old sculpt with an updated paintjob.:dunno (however it's still a very nice sculpt)

Adam's is still the best IMO.

Im not as excited as I thought I would be at all for this figure... Yet anthor chance for me to grab a better ver... Maybe Im tried of Hot Toys only making remakes form Dark Knight Joker then Dark Knight Suit now Begins Suit all again... I hope Im more excited for figures again with The Dark Knight Rises gets here... :dunno

I'd say most people upset with reissues and updates are collectors and not resellers.

If I pay close to $200 for a 1/6 figure I want it to be the best one available. What pisses people off is not that the value of the original figure went down but that you'd have to shell out another $200 for a superior version of the exact same character. Would you not agree that the $200 would be better spent on another character or something else you like?

Not everyone that gets upset is a reseller that's all I wanna say.

With that - why not just sell the older one to purchase the update:dunno Be glad that your collection is not worthless and you are not locked in to JUST shelling out more money every time for the newer version. Options - always good to have Options.

When I first saw this I thought i'd dropped a bollock by buying the OC recently but, the 2 other mouth options don't do anything for me, neither does the harness look and I prefer Imaresqd1's Wayne sculpt. Cool for people who don't own the original figure though.

Yeah - I agree regarding the mouth options and Adam's sculpt. But i'm too much of a Nolan Batman completist to not get this :rotfl

Oh I'm sure a week from now this figure will be picked apart to the point that everything is off or wrong in some way. :lol :lol

I was about to get out my BB blu-ray and take some comparison shots. :lol Kinda busy right now though, maybe later today.

I can already tell you
- Batman head is the same and therefore quite off in a number of ways, shall be replaced by Adam's Batman head eventually.
- Should have seperate suit with no Bat symbol for first night display
- Harness is off
- Bale sculpt is based on TDK facial physique of Bale as opposed to Begins, too gaunt looking for Begins version.
- Cape material is wrong / too thick.
- Im sure im forgetting something

I'm still getting it though. :dunno

Could someone post a pic of Adam's sculpt as a reference?

I know a lot of people have asked this already: "How can I order it?", but a little more clarification would be helpful.

So I have all my doubts that this will be available to the wholesellers. That means we will not be able to order from site like BBTS, CSC, AE, REC, etc. This means either I have to be physically present at the SDCC or any other Toy Fairs around the world or have to order from SS or get screwed on the bay? Am I right? Wanted to know about people who are not in The States. Will their dream of owning this figure at a fair price will come true?

I know a lot of people have asked this already: "How can I order it?", but a little more clarification would be helpful.

So I have all my doubts that this will be available to the wholesellers. That means we will not be able to order from site like BBTS, CSC, AE, REC, etc. This means either I have to be physically present at the SDCC or any other Toy Fairs around the world or have to order from SS or get screwed on the bay? Am I right? Wanted to know about people who are not in The States. Will their dream of owning this figure at a fair price will come true?

Nobody has an answer to that yet. Hopes are that SSC will have some to sell to non-attendees and you have to get in at a certain time on a certain date (not yet announced).

I would imagine that Sideshow will have it for pre-order since they have the Reeves Superman available and probably BBTS too since they had the Demon Bats and Scarecrow available.

With that - why not just sell the older one to purchase the update:dunno Be glad that your collection is not worthless and you are not locked in to JUST shelling out more money every time for the newer version. Options - always good to have Options.

Umm because you lose money. Do you like losing money? I'm not talking about money lost due to reselling but due to updating your collection. They may mean the same to you but are different in principle to me.

When I collect something high-end I don't want to be updating my collection from year to year (of the same character).

Anyways I am done with the topic. The figure looks phenomenal especially the Bale head and I'm still glad I got out of the 1/6 game.

Wow HT did it again and a better job then the first one.

But I think I will skip this one and keep the OC just to save some money for other things.

I still see things that are off.

267956_10150228139347344_58690437343_7555651_4285064_n.jpg
tom_cruise.jpg

My goodness you are right. Why Hot Toys Why?

I feel the same way, but not surprised anymore I guess. It looks like Hot Toys knows where the money is, don't be surprised when a new Mark I is released and a new Predator 1 is released.

Yeah, you are probably right. I would be surprised to see the P1 re-released (just since we haven't had any other predator's see a straight re-release) but since we've had a 2nd Mark II and Mark III (not to mention the Silly Thing version) I'd guess Mark I is likely to see a re-release.

I could see a decision like this having an effect on the crazy secondary market prices of HT figure. I'd be a lot more leery about buying a super rare figure after seeing this Begins suit released again.

In their defense, making it an exclusive prevents it from being a straight re-release.

As a collector, I can honestly sit here and say I haven't sold any of my collectibles on ebay. I figure when I buy a collectible (and spend good money on it btw), it has a home here on display. I don't know a thing about selling any of my stuff and quite frankly, after hearing so many horror stories about selling on ebay from this forum, why would I start now?

I'm more upset at the point that Hot Toys has been reissuing and updating more popular figures lately. It's not fun for me as an early collector of Hot Toys to shell out nearly $200 for a figure to find out they are making a "new and improved" version of the same exact figure over and over again. We've seen it a few times in TDK line...we've seen it with the Mark II...and I'm certain we'll be seeing updates to Predator figs as well. When you spend as much money as I do and collect Hot Toys as long as I have (and I'm sure others fit into this category), it is beyond frustrating as a collector. These figures aren't exactly chump change. Back then, you weren't worried about updates from Hot Toys. All of a sudden it seems like common place.

I must be dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back