How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

• Don't Care

Votes: 99 22.5%
  • Happy to have a second crack at a figure

Votes: 230 52.3%
  • Getting annoyed by them

Votes: 66 15.0%
  • Frustrated and view this practice as unfair

Votes: 45 10.2%

• Total voters
HT isn't doing reissues to my knowledge but just releasing new and improved versions. Like Ave, I'm a newbie in this (I think he's copying me), so there are a couple of pieces I'd like to pick up at a reasonable price like Davy Jones and Will Turner from PotC and Blade, that may not reissue. There are others I'd like to see improved versions of like Rocky, Apollo, Drago, because the likenesses still aren't super great, Clubber is not bad but could still be improved upon. These are toys, it says it in the name. If you're gonna speculate in the toy market sell fast and don't get greedy thinking you're sitting on a fortune. And don't get ticked if a company releases an updated version, they aren't numbered with an ES so the company isn't promising you anything.
I'm also waiting for the Avengers version of Black Widow which will hopefully have sculpted hair. So I wouldn't plan on that one staying at $300+ in the secondary.

Toys are meant to be played with and enjoyed. Not hoarded.

It's a shame that some overpaid for hard-to-find items, but common sense should've capped spending before it got to the ridiculous prices the Tumbler was fetching on ebay, anyway.
This. Freaking this.

Re-releasing a figure that's fetching insane amounts of money on the second market is fine by me, and it should be fine by everybody who isn't a scalper. I think this is especially true of the Tumbler which is a straight-up second run of production, no improvements made whatsoever. So it in no way makes the old Tumbler obsolete. But even if it did, a collector should have been prepared for that given that more Batman sequels are always on the way. And with new sequels comes new merchandise.

I love and hate it.

Love it because it lets me get the figure that I missed out the 1st time

Hate it because it delays the release of other figures because HT is busy making the Nth Iron Man

Re: Re-releases and Variants - WGAS?

Re-releases =/= variants. Re-releases need to stop before Hot Toys undermines their own market. It's already happening with the OC Batman, Mk 3 IM, Predator 1 figure and soon the Tumbler, MK1 etc. Pandering to the newbs who're too cheap to understand the concept of "appreciation" will only upset the bread-and-butter collectors when these kids move on to the next big thing.

As I've discussed with Voorhees and DiFlabio, you can't walk into a Chinese art/antiques dealer and demand a vase from the Ming Dynasty for no more Renminbi than what it originally cost. High-end collectibles should be no different.

Last edited:
On a business standpoint, I first questioned Hot Toys business decision. With people paying 3-5x for some of their figure, they're killing the demand for the grail figures.

I don't understand why Hot Toys would give a flying toss about what their figures go on the secondary market. Its not like scalpers give HT a commission on the profit.

Its because Hot toys cares about the money... when they see raving lunatics who end up buying tumblers for $2000 dollars, and people trying to sell them for $20000, they say "Hey people are still crazy about this, if they're willing to spend this much, they'd surely buy ours at 1/5th of the cost they're paying on the secondary market.

Its because Hot toys cares about the money... when they see raving lunatics who end up buying tumblers for $2000 dollars, and people trying to sell them for $20000, they say "Hey people are still crazy about this, if they're willing to spend this much, they'd surely buy ours at 1/5th of the cost they're paying on the secondary market.

That seems like very sound logic to me.

Wait...I thought I voted in this poll thread already. Why is the title slightly different? How come the choices have slightly changed? Am I having a stroke?

Choice is the greatest freedom of life. And why anyone would get so worked up about toys being re-released is insane.

I am happy with all these re releases. The chance to get another Tumbler at a good price is too good for words.

its getting a bit annoying because they could be working on something other than iron mans Batman

:goodpost: :exactly:

I thought, well at least the MK 1 2.0 is up for order and the Batmobile will be along and then finally they'll have got them up that they can FINALLY get cracking on licenses and figures for the rest of us.

AND THEN THEY ANNOUNCE ANOTHER BATMOBLIE AND ANOTHER BAT-LICENSE.

Alot of HT Batman fans should ask them themsleve, ehat about the fans of other licenses is it fair that they get nothing while we get everything and remakes of those everthings?

I'm never gonna get my Metal Gear Solid, X-Men, Green Lantern figures at this rate

There should be a poll option for those who aren't getting any figures they want as most if not all announcements are Batman and Iron Man

There should be a poll option for those who aren't getting any figures they want as most if not all announcements are Batman and Iron Man

picture.php

BRING IT ON! I ain't afraid of bankruptcy. Bankruptcy's afraid of me.

:lol

I don't care. I'm not buying these to fund my kids college. Buying these for me to enjoy while i'm still alive.

Nam stop posting that pic, makes me feel like puking.:lol

The re-releases are good, people have missed out and they get a chance to pick up the figure. HT makes more money which inevitably ends up going to R & D and we get the benefits from that too.

I didn't have the funds for a tumbler but now I might, win for me.

As far as I can tell the only people that hate the re-releases are the ones who consider these bits of plastic "investments".

Enjoy them for what they are.

Last edited:
Back