What Do You Want To See From Hot Toys At SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there was no booth tour, just a livestream where they talk about what they already showed that day.

I didn't think it was possible to do worse than last year but they made it possible.

A Deluxe Pee-Wee Herman from Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure. Including all his accessories he uses in that movie including his red bike.

Only things I'm probably getting from this SDCC.

Mafex T2 T-800 Battle Damaged
Mafex T2 Endoskeleton
Mafex Robocop Battle Damaged

NECA Universal Monsters Dracula
NECA Universal Monsters The Creature

There was nothing interesting in 1/6 for me this year at SDCC.
Maybe the HT Batman 1989 (I have the DX09 already)

For me:

Peacemaker
Mafex T2 T-800 and BD RoboCop
Storm Balrog
Storm-sdcc-2022-comic-con-booth-38.jpg

Mattel Hulk Hogan
2-BAD1-C7-A-F083-4-C99-9-C6-F-12030-E30-BFFA.jpg

I can't get too hyped about other HT stuff yet. Waiting for Summer Showcase phase 2 to see what else they got.

Blitzway unveiled their 1/3 Black Adam today, looking forward to seeing HT's version.
FB_IMG_1658626314070.jpg

Another year, nothing from NECA. Diamond Select were meant to have a JCVD Select figures there but of course it didn't show.

Last edited:
I can't think of anything I saw during this SDCC that caught my interest. I'm drawing a complete blank.

Cool with what they presented. Nothing grabbed me as must buy but to some perhaps.

They make what they make and i buy what i like…..so is the cycle

Hi, folks.With San Diego Comic Con about a month away, i just want to ask, what do you want to see from hot toys this year? Personally, i'd like to see the Batmobile from The Batman [as they shown a teaser pic for it a few months ago], and i'd also like to see the Bat Armory from The Dark Knight Rises, which hot toys also teased in the background of one of the promo pics for the DX19 Dark Knight Rises Batman.It would be awesome to also see a 1/4 89 Keaton Batman, a 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator, aswell as a 1/4 War Machine Mark 1 from Iron Man 2.What do you want to see?

I'd like to see one more of those Lost Predators from Predator 2. IIRC, there was just enough to squeeze out one more from the footage and still have it be unique. They did two of them and then stopped.

I think an Interstellar figure might do well, a Rust Cohle special with TARS. Time is a flat circle.

Genesis Climber Mospeda. Basically Robotech's The Next Generation's Scott Bernard, in armor and helmet, with a transformable Cyclone motorcycle.

robotech-mospeada-cyclone-1_980x500.png

The only things I was interested in from this SDCC was Dale Cooper and Nosferatu, both from Kaustic Plastic. Hot Toys previews were as predictable as many expected.

I want to see more MoM stuff; Defender & Supreme Strange and a Stewart Xavier. Obviously Tobey-Man and a Mr. Knight with an Isaac HS. I'm torn on an OWK Vader, as I'm willing to wait until the ROTS anniversary for a proper Hayden sculpt. I can't think of much else right now. Honestly, I'd much rather see some new license or left-field figure or something, but we all know that's not happening.

I am curious to see what the TF exclusives will be however. Don't we get them around this time?
Yes. Defender Strange at least. If I am being realistic, probably MoM is done. Only makes sense to do a Defender Strange since it took them time to do Defender for Dead Strange. If I needed one, it is Xavier. Totally accurate to what I want Prof. Xavier to be. Black Bolt is accurate and would be welcomed. Sinister would be awesome too.

Two sides of the coin - alot of other things to make like Ms. Marvel (puke), She Hulk, Inquisitors, AOTC anniversary, Black Adam - other side is we are just now seeing Tobey/Andrew/Hawkeye/still no Mr. Knight.

So like DoFP Wolverine and Robocop 3 now, who knows what they will do.
Pain
Suffering
Disappointment
Resentment

What I want:
1) Terminator 1 DX with both tech noir look, police station look, and the look after he gets run over by the truck.
2) Alien Xenomorph from 1, 2 and dog alien from 3.
3) Aliens Ripley
4) Matrix Neo from 2 or 3, as well as Trinity and Morpheus
5) Toby and Andrew Spider-Man 2 pack
6) Darkseid from Zach Snyder’s Justice League
7) Batman Arkham Knight Catwoman, Two Face, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Scarecrow, Nightwing, Robin (at least 1 from this list would be good).

At least 2 or 3 from this list will do nicely.

What I expect:
1) more clone storm troopers that all look the same but with a slight repaint
2) reissued Iron Man that’s not even a couple years old (if it’s a figure 6+ Years old then I’m ok with reissues).
3) Stan Lee
4) Spider-Man game suits
5) nothing else because **** variety

Every year they hype up these character and always disappoint.

SDCC 2017 was the last great show.
So how did this turn out?

Disappointing for me. Not even a definitive one for me like in years past. No Strange variants, no Mr. Knight. Tobey and Andrew....maybe? I have 5 Spideys already and with probably a new Spidey trilogy+ 2 Avengers movies/PS5 sequel incoming, I think I might pass on these. I would have passed before NWH.

DC got left in the dust like their SDCC panel. Maybe the Arkham line is totally done now.

Yes. Defender Strange at least. If I am being realistic, probably MoM is done. Only makes sense to do a Defender Strange since it took them time to do Defender for Dead Strange. If I needed one, it is Xavier. Totally accurate to what I want Prof. Xavier to be. Black Bolt is accurate and would be welcomed. Sinister would be awesome too.

Two sides of the coin - alot of other things to make like Ms. Marvel (puke), She Hulk, Inquisitors, AOTC anniversary, Black Adam - other side is we are just now seeing Tobey/Andrew/Hawkeye/still no Mr. Knight.

So like DoFP Wolverine and Robocop 3 now, who knows what they will do.
I don't think MoM is done. We're seeing the NWH stuff half a year later. It took them around the same time to do Kate Bishop. They're slacking behind, but I think we'll see Mr. Knight and a Strange or two. Xavier is iffy, but I'm rooting for him.

Back