How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

• Don't Care

Votes: 99 22.5%
  • Happy to have a second crack at a figure

Votes: 230 52.3%
  • Getting annoyed by them

Votes: 66 15.0%
  • Frustrated and view this practice as unfair

Votes: 45 10.2%

• Total voters
Re: Re-releases and Variants - WGAS?

My two cents. I don't invest in figures. I collect limited figures. Limited means not mass produced. I feel like this company will make more money if it limit the production run. Because as a collector, it feels good to own a rare figure with value.
It makes you buy more future figures from them, also it gives you exciting feeling of chasing down a sold out figure. I say stop on the advanced 2.0 versions. Move on hot toys with other figures. I stop pre-ordering now , I might stop collecting period.

I think it's great. My Iron Man collection always felt incomplete without Mk I & I've been collecting for quite awhile now, so its not like I'm new to the hobby & demanded the figure straight away. I do feel for the people who are waiting for there other figure's though, like MGS, X-Men etc but I had to wait ages for my Jake Sully, it'll be worth the wait in the end :)

My two cents. I don't invest in figures. I collect limited figures. Limited means not mass produced. I feel like this company will make more money if it limit the production run. Because as a collector, it feels good to own a rare figure with value.

Do you have the money to back up that? HT mass produces their stuff in factories. You want limited, try handcrafted collectibles limited 10 worldwide and pay through the roof.

I stop pre-ordering now , I might stop collecting period.

Great! Stop being the problem that caused the housing bubble. Stop the phony rarity valuation that drives a market of false demand. Let collectibles go to the collectors who truly enjoys the end product.

Don't care personally. I buy what I like, and I spend what I feel comfortable with. My choices are my own, and I can live with that.

As far as folks paying well over retail, only to then see an improved version released for less, and the market value of what they purchased drop as a result, well, you rolls your dice and you takes your chances. I've found myself on both sides of that particular coin, but let's face facts, none of us are forced to buy any of this stuff. We make our own choices on not only what to buy, but how much we are willing to personally spend to aquire a particular piece for ourselves at any particular time. Sometimes these things work out for us, sometimes not. Thems the breaks, and just part of the game as far as I'm concerned.

Happy to be able to grab a figure without selling a kidney for it and not worried one bit that another, better looking copy might appear a few years from now.

I don't see the big deal but HT do need to start & finish lines there already promised as well. Like MGS, X-Men etc & I have no interest in them lines at all but it gets tiresome hearing the ones who want them moaning about it all the time but you can understand there frustration.

One thing i find annoying about this is that lately,re-issues have been a higher priority than other licenses they announced a while back,and these promises which figures they will make,but never gets finished because their time is being spent on re issuing these things.

See, that, to me, is a legitimate gripe. Complaining about the sheer amount of re-releases over a short period of time taking away from new and unique, oft long promised, product. I totally get the frustration of that, and agree that Hot Toys could do a better job of balancing their releases overall.

But at the same time, I'm sure it's the money that is generated by all of the most popular licenses and re-releases that help fund the smaller and more niche licenses and releases too. As I said, I think they just need to find a better balance.

Do you have the money to back up that? HT mass produces their stuff in factories. You want limited, try handcrafted collectibles limited 10 worldwide and pay through the roof.

Great! Stop being the problem that caused the housing bubble. Stop the phony rarity valuation that drives a market of false demand. Let collectibles go to the collectors who truly enjoys the end product.
couldnt agree more:exactly:

Back