Hot Toys- VGM07- Bio Hazard 5- 1/6 Sheva Alomar (BSAA ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXACTLY. it's another problem with these is how fragile they are.
Bah, people go nuts over the muscle bodies, UNTILL they own one, then they ( usually, but not always) change their mind about them.

All honesty, there were 7 people IN THIS thread, though, over on OSW, it was ALOT more voices. I'm certian that a multitude of more voices made the same complaints the world over, though.

I had may problems with muscle bodies and their elbow joints crap..based on a metal piece that beaks easily if you move the elbow certain numbers of times.
I think the only people who likes rubber bodies are the statue collectors and see these "action figures" as simple statues.(They placed the figure in a display case in a certain pose for the rest of his life) .or people who have,nt one yet and do not know the fragility and problems of these rubbered bodies :sick.

I canceled my Sheva preorder as soon as I saw those crapy tube arms:banghead:duh:banghead..and believe me if I tell you that it was one of my most anticipated figures along with Chris and Wesker.

Conclusion;

Yes,aesthetically very beautiful... but in terms of funtionality (very restricted movement) and fragility makes the whole rubbered figure in authentic crap!..:mad:

Last edited:
Glad to see hottoys have moved on from 1965... nah - i'm funning, just funning, just giggles:
US3284947.jpg

But more to the point, obviously you can't tell someone how they should enjoy their toys. if easily breakable, degradeable rubber covered articulation and fun restrictors are your thing then thats that, and if you like prosthetic limb realism inhibitors, then thats that as well.

For me, part of the fun in these toys is getting them to do what they do in the game, like holding weapons authentically and such.

I really hope we get interchangeable arms. I hope the delay is a sign of that.

If you look back at hottoys past 'improvements' to other figures, the response if usually overwhelmingly positive, but in this case - it's clearly not. So I'm sure hottoys think in their best interest and i believe they will, to find a middle ground, rather than completely isolate one group of their collectors on a figure from a franchise that many hold dear to their hearts.

For me, part of the fun in these toys is getting them to do what they do in the game, like holding weapons authentically and such.

I really hope we get interchangeable arms. I hope the delay is a sign of that.

Yes.Me too, I like to try cool and realistic poses for my 1/6 figures and that is why I like them so much,and of course this is part of the fun.
This is the big difference betwen "action figures" and statues...but many people want convert Hottoys fully poseable figures in statues. :sick .

I Hope Hottoys include interchangeable arms for Sheva..and perhaps they are taking their time for that reason.(In fact, I asked that to Hottoys 2 months ago)

Last edited:

Yes me too. I want my (expensive) toy can pose like in games and movies. Just ask guys who collect BANDAI Saint Cloth Myth (from Zodiac Soldier anime), what if those BANDAI figure can't posed in their signature final move?

Yes.Me too, I like to try cool and realistic poses for my 1/6 figures and that is why I like them so much,and of course this is part of the fun.
This is the big difference betwen "action figures" and statues...but many people want convert Hottoys fully poseable figures in statues. :sick .
I Hope Hottoys include interchangeable arms for Sheva..and perhaps they are taking their time for that reason.(In fact, I asked that to Hottoys 2 months ago)
I know, sometimes it can feel like it only matters how real the figure will look in a photo. I really think giving interchangeable arms is a good choice - for another reason though - we really don't know for sure how the covered arms are gonna work out, it would give us a chance to experience them, without having to lose anything in the process.

:lol:lol:lol very clever.
you like those ones, did you? :monkey5

Yes me too. I want my (expensive) toy can pose like in games and movies. Just ask guys who collect BANDAI Saint Cloth Myth (from Zodiac Soldier anime), what if those BANDAI figure can't posed in their signature final move?
Good example there...That to me - getting them in a killer pose brings more realism to the figure than just looking good in static pose.
It's like if I were to draw a character with a straight face and then with an expression - it characterizes them.

why is everbody so mad about this fig
for me, i am emotionally invested in RE5 and Sheva's character.
Originally I thought I could buy into a figure that would be able to acheive the poses I wanted it to, and that I wouldn't have to worry about all the concerns surrounding muscle arms. That, presently does not appear to be the case anymore, and it's very disappointing...pointing...pointing.

From the 'All things Hellboy' thread:

Hi guys , I have a question for anyone who owns the Hot Toys Abe Sapien figure. How is the poseability on his arms? How far does it bend, Do the arms hold the position? Also what is inside his arm , is it just a wire or does it have a plastic joint inside?

While I haven't posed them, the body of Abe is a standard hot toys body, with a rubber sheath over his arms.

Now see this is what I think they are gonna to do with Sheva. I really think it will be the standard body, like they planned all along and they just threw on some tubes at the last minute. The rubber probably stops right at the arm band and tucks into her glove. The whole thing is probably removable. Maybe:monkey3

If anyone else wants to elaborate about articulation on Abe Sapien please do.

From the 'All things Hellboy' thread:

Now see this is what I think they are gonna to do with Sheva. I really think it will be the standard body, like they planned all along and they just threw on some tubes at the last minute. The rubber probably stops right at the arm band and tucks into her glove. The whole thing is probably removable. Maybe:monkey3

If anyone else wants to elaborate about articulation on Abe Sapien please do.

not with how they look in the picture they're not. the thin-ness at the "elbow" where it is bent Indicates it's a metal wire in a rubber tube.

It's possible I suppose, though the arm is the same thickness above the band as it is below, which would mean removing it results in a kinda step-down look.

It's possible the standard arm has been slimmed down and the rubber covers from top to bottom over a plastic joint, but I'm not so sure.

The standard hot angel elbow joints can look quite thin actually in some configurations. but I have to agree it doesn't look to be the case

I remember an out pour of cries and complaints when she had the standard arms with people saying how horrible they looked, etc. :lol

I remember an out pour of cries and complaints when she had the standard arms with people saying how horrible they looked, etc. :lol

tis true and very sad... I guess people will always complain no matter what...

i thought she was perfect with the standard arms and im not like other people that dont like the rubber arms im still getting her cause she is a cool character in a video game that i enjoyed playing

I never saw anything wrong with her before or after the arm changes... if anything I think she's better now. Was never going to buy her though so I didn't really care either way.

I never said anything.. for me Sheva was fine with regular joints.:monkey2

People who never complained about her regular joints,(because she was right then)..are complaining now for the tube rubbered arms.:banghead

I forgot to say;

E-mailed Hottoys last week about the release date and they responded to me that Sheva and Wesker we.ll be released within this month (October) but not at the same time.:D

I asked about interchangeable arms for Sheva in the same e-mail too ...but not response.:sick

I forgot to say;

E-mailed Hottoys last week about the release date and they responded to me that Sheva and Wesker we.ll be released within this month (October) but not at the same time.:D

I asked about interchangeable arms for Sheva in the same e-mail too ...but not response.:sick

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder which is coming first...

I forgot to say;

well that's good, I'm assuming Sheva will be first but I'm hoping for Wesker.

Back