Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As great as this looks I still prefer the non beskar version…

:chase

Nonetheless still a must own not just for the S2 fans but also because it is the definitive version of his beskar look.

This with Ahsoka is going to look sick.

I was just looking at my Mando figures, and as shiny as the beskar version is under the light, the beaten up durasteel original still holds his own as a representation of his original appearance. It also fits into the 'used universe' that Lucas was going for in the OT.

As great as this looks I still prefer the non beskar version…

:chase

Nonetheless still a must own not just for the S2 fans but also because it is the definitive version of his beskar look.

This with Ahsoka is going to look sick.
This new figure is SUCH a definitive Season 2 representation that it will be hard to only own one, lol.

One for the Swoop
One for the Road Warrior desert walker
One to pose with Ahsoka
One to pose with Fett
One to pose with spear and Dark Trooper
One to pose with Darksaber and Gideon
One to pose unmasked with Grogu

At the very least I'll really want one for the Swoop and one unmasked with Grogu to represent that Alpha and Omega of this insanely awesome season.

:thud:

I was just looking at my Mando figures, and as shiny as the beskar version is under the light, the beaten up durasteel original still holds his own as a representation of his original appearance. It also fits into the 'used universe' that Lucas was going for in the OT.
Very true. The Beskar originally took me some getting used to after the super cool brown durasteel due to it looking too new and "Jango-ish" but I quickly warmed up to it when I noticed that it was also evocative of late 70's Battlestar Galactica Cylons which while from a different IP always "fit" within the aesthetic of Star Wars IMO.

Very true. The Beskar originally took me some getting used to after the super cool brown durasteel due to it looking too new and "Jango-ish" but I quickly warmed up to it when I noticed that it was also evocative of late 70's Battlestar Galactica Cylons which while from a different IP always "fit" within the aesthetic of Star Wars IMO.

He upgraded his armour faster than I expected.

Though the number of times he gets shot later on it's just as well he did. lol

:woo .... This is what I was waiting for... :yess:

So glad I held off on the previous Dx version. Now I'm happy for all the delays on that one, as I was waiting for it to be in stock before buying hoping this version would be announced.

Sometimes patience pay's off. :lol Another reason I don't PO anything anymore. Especially with near 2 year waits on these things...

He upgraded his armour faster than I expected.

Though the number of times he gets shot later on it's just as well he did. lol
Yeah, though the sheer number of killshots that Stormtroopers got on him that were deflected by the Beskar was a nice way of upping their competency while still allowing him to summarily dispatch them, lol.

Actually now that I think of it it's freaking awesome that during Fett's rampage on Tython not one single Stormie was able to tag him. He literally didn't even need the armor, just the weapons. :rock

This new figure is SUCH a definitive Season 2 representation that it will be hard to only own one, lol.

One for the Swoop $285 + $330
One for the Road Warrior desert walker $375
One to pose with Ahsoka $330
One to pose with Fett $330
One to pose with spear and Dark Trooper $330
One to pose with Darksaber and Gideon $330
One to pose unmasked with Grogu $330

At the very least I'll really want one for the Swoop and one unmasked with Grogu to represent that Alpha and Omega of this insanely awesome season.

:thud:
Better start saving up! :rotfl

Yeah, though the sheer number of killshots that Stormtroopers got on him that were deflected by the Beskar was a nice way of upping their competency while still allowing him to summarily dispatch them, lol.

Actually now that I think of it it's freaking awesome that during Fett's rampage on Tython not one single Stormie was able to tag him. He literally didn't even need the armor, just the weapons. :rock

He was brutal!

The redemption of Boba Fett.

When I think of all my pre-orders that deluxe HT double-figure set is among my most anticipated. :drool

Wow, that was really fast. The previous dx set has just been shipping and they do this smh lol

i think at this rate, we should be getting a season 3 die cast ver by next year with a new sterner looking pedro sculpt instead of the sad looking one.

So the v3 finally dropped.

Amazing deluxe set... even gave us chrome armor. I would have cancelled my v2 for this one, which is exactly why HT waited as expected.

I can't see passing on the Deluxe v3. Head sculpt, chrome armor, another Grogu, the correct armor bits, speak, dark saber, Boba Fett gear... even his carryall bag.

Wow, that was really fast. The previous dx set has just been shipping and they do this smh lol

i think at this rate, we should be getting a season 3 die cast ver by next year with a new sterner looking pedro sculpt instead of the sad looking one.
Some people like myself have had the previous set for like 6 months now, but I suppose it's more of a shock to people that have only had their shipping notificaitons in the last few weeks :lol

Can cloth really hold die cast pieces though? Remember everything is attached by velcro on these mando figs.

I’m sure there will be another version of Mando v2 coming out ..but after I order this ..I’m done until I see what he looks like in S3 :slap As much as I hate it..I have to get this one

i hate to say it..but I think all those who bought or orerred the custom sets for the current Beskar Mandos are either kicking themselves or cancelling their preorders.

BTW..I don’t regret getting the current Beskar Mando in case anyone is wondering. And I’m not going to sell it either ..that’s just me.

The FB groups are on fire. Lot's of complaining about this right after V2 has landed. Has no one noticed what HT has done with Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, etc? Always a newer version with a main character. Thing is you get/got the V2 now, has some awesome accessories and some people might like the flatter look over a shiny look.

I dont get it. I just can order standalone bike?
Yes, for any character you want on it or any version of Mando you want on it. There might be 15 versions of Mando when it is all said and done. :lol

Back