Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It truly sucks that because of the HS ..we will have to wait a year , maybe more for this one since it’s basically the V1 figure :lecture

A stand base on the final battle ship wouldn’t be that bad.
:lol Yeah I can see why some would be bothered with HT reusing the same sand base ad nauseam. A 'new'/show specific diorama base would be cool though.
I dont get why Tython Boba gets a brand spankin' new base and yet Mando is still trudging around in that same sandbox. As much money as HT is raking in from these figures, you'd think we'd get a few more bases. Look, I will settle for a new floor from Gideon's cruiser, I dont care - just lets see something different!
No. You’ll take generic footprint sand base and you’ll like it.

101a6d36b797cf400d7a3db335e31874ec2eec6b.gifv

4b8bfc3dbee21b701c72b865f04d1bd745de8b5a.gifv

maxresdefault.jpg

f89cd2cf-2157-48c0-a45a-79691040bb45-jpeg.529236

I agree almost anything new would have been nicer.
Floor of the ship wasn't very compelling for a base.
I guess you can buy a piece of black plastic. Or just pry off the sand part for the same effect.

a4LigmO.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you can buy a piece of black plastic. Or just pry off the sand part for the same effect.
Floor of a ship is their other go to for Star Wars bases so they should've just gone with that, but that wouldn't have fit the Deluxe version accessories so we get stuck with the sand base.

And the sand part is not a topper. There is no base without the sand, otherwise I suspect more people would've unscrewed it off.

maxresdefault.jpg

a4LigmO.jpg
I'll just swap the base with my Kylo TROS base, he can stand on the sand for all I care :D

maxresdefault.jpg

a4LigmO.jpg

Agreed. Though now I have plenty of spare bases to potentially use lol

Last edited:
pcfsW3h.jpg

tumblr_fadb34a537ede5c920ce10e39425edff_52b360f6_540.gif

tenor.gif

Looking at these has me curious:

Is the spear (should it be) retractable/extendable for when not in use? As it appears shorter in some of these fight scenes, yet then longer when (mounted) walking the cuffed Gideon to the bridge. Or we just taking that as a visual shooting "cheat". (similar how his cape changes length)

Is there a spear mount or harness/clips on his back or on the pack? (should there be?) Or is that just a shadow from the pack? Is it just tucked behind the pack, through the cape, magnetic onto the harness, ....magic!?

How should it actually load on to the figures back, If it does at all?
Should it?
I'd love to see a harness/clips for it or magnetically attach with the pack?

Last edited:
pcfsW3h.jpg

tumblr_fadb34a537ede5c920ce10e39425edff_52b360f6_540.gif

tenor.gif

Looking at these has me curious:

Is the spear (should it be) retractable/extendable for when not in use? As it appears shorter in some of these fight scenes, yet then longer when (mounted) walking the cuffed Gideon to the bridge. Or we just taking that as a visual shooting "cheat". (similar how his cape changes length)

Is there a spear mount or harness/clips on his back or on the pack? (should there be?) Or is that just a shadow from the pack? Is it just tucked behind the pack, through the cape, magnetic onto the harness, ....magic!?

How should it actually load on to the figures back, If it does at all?
Should it?
I'd love to see a harness/clips for it or magnetically attach with the pack?
Probably just multiple props, one for looking good then another for stunts that might be a bit shorter and easier to handle.

Aaaaand I finally caved and ordered this one, which reeks of Malibu Stacy's new hat, but the improvements look to be worth it, and I need someone to be on the swoop bike eventually. This is one order HT where I feel like I have no control, and the only point of psychic relief is just to order the damn thing and wait.

Aaaaand I finally caved and ordered this one, which reeks of Malibu Stacy's new hat, but the improvements look to be worth it, and I need someone to be on the swoop bike eventually. This is one order HT where I feel like I have no control, and the only point of psychic relief is just to order the damn thing and wait.
+1 for the Malibu Stacy reference! Also, these fight scenes with Gideon have me considering that figure now also. Dang it, this forum has likely cost me an extra $700 bucks today (Neon Iron Man earlier and now this). Gah!

MALIBU STACY'S NEW HAT

I am ded

...but yeah, I can generally only relax about a HT issue when that figure is on my PO list. Addiction is truly a disease. :p

I'm not that bother about about the paint on Beskar v1 it still a good figure and with the correct lights it look fantastic (I Paid and Ordered Beskar v2)
The Mandos and Friends.jpeg

I'm not that bother about about the paint on Beskar v1 it still a good figure and with the correct lights it look fantastic (I Paid and Ordered Beskar v2)
View attachment 530510

I'm really in 2 minds about it. As you say in the right lighting he looks great. I'd put him in a detolf with overhead lighting so he should look good.
Then again, the new season 2 version and the customs I've seen with chrome paint look fantastic.
I did think the mirror chrome paint might be too chrome though.

Is it possible to apply it with a brush and not have visible brush strokes or would I need to use an airbrush?

Last edited:
I've just put a PO in for this.
After going back and forth, looking at chrome paints available so that I can paint my season 1 version armour myself (I've been painting miniatures and models since the 80's, I've also painted 1/12 and 1/6 before) and paying a customiser for chrome armour pieces, I realised my best option was to simply get this.
The cost of chrome armour pieces, spear, Darksaber, wired cape from a custom artist would end up too much to justify next to the cost of this, and this way I get the head sculpt and another Grogu too. Also, this won't be released until the end of 2022. Plenty of time to budget for it.
And if I just painted my season 1 Beskar armour pieces, though the cheapest option, I wouldn't have the season 2 accessories and the headsculpt.
I'm keeping my season 1 Mando too. Once I finally have this season 2 version end of 2022/start of 2023 I can always sell my season 1 version at that time if I want.

I'm really in 2 minds about it. As you say in the right lighting he looks great. I'd put him in a detolf with overhead lighting so he should look good.
Then again, the new season 2 version and the customs I've seen with chrome paint look fantastic.
I did think the mirror chrome paint might be too chrome though.

Is it possible to apply it with a brush and not have visible brush strokes or would I need to use an airbrush?
Airbrush is the way to go you can't really use brush and not have a brush stroke i tried

Back