Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the other hand, Hot Toys did Sideshow a huge favor by waiting SEVEN MONTHS after the conclusion of Season Two before announcing their Season Two Mandalorian figure - long enough for Sideshow to take their sweet-ass time fulfilling all of their existing orders.
Sideshow has to wait on the inventory from Hot Toys in order to fulfill those orders though, and there have been many issues standing in the way of that in recent months.

On the other hand, Hot Toys did Sideshow a huge favor by waiting SEVEN MONTHS after the conclusion of Season Two before announcing their Season Two Mandalorian figure - long enough for Sideshow to take their sweet-ass time fulfilling all of their existing orders.

Also Hot Toys fault. Sideshow just receives the figures HT makes from port and slaps an address sticker on each box to hand over to UPS. So you could say HT doubly screwed Sideshow.

That's not to say Sideshow isn't guilty of their fair share of shady business shenanigans, because they are.

Sideshow has to wait on the inventory from Hot Toys in order to fulfill those orders though, and there have been many issues standing in the way of that in recent months.
Also Hot Toys fault. Sideshow just receives the figures HT makes from port and slaps an address sticker on each box to hand over to UPS. So you could say HT doubly screwed Sideshow.

That's not to say Sideshow isn't guilty of their fair share of shady business shenanigans, because they are.
Fair enough and obviously not entirely Sideshow's fault (I realize they ship them out just as soon as they receive them), but Sideshow is opting to get their shipments via a 3-month boat ride when air freight is a thing that exists and would bypass all of the port issues. They're using the slowest means possible to receive product for their customers, but are happy to overnight a copy for themselves to unbox and promise us it's "shipping very soon".

Fair enough and obviously not entirely Sideshow's fault (I realize they ship them out just as soon as they receive them), but Sideshow is opting to get their shipments via a 3-month boat ride when air freight is a thing that exists and would bypass all of the port issues. They're using the slowest means possible to receive product for their customers, but are happy to overnight a copy for themselves to unbox and promise us it's "shipping very soon".
Shipping one figure via air vs hundreds/thousands is a completely different beast though, I also have no idea if that's Sideshow's decision or not. If you want more price increases then go ahead and suggest that to them.

That's precisely where my pram is, with OG Mando. Standing Grogu is with S1 Beskar Mando. It worked out really well...
Yup

OG Mando w Beskar pram. Beskar Mando w Kuiil pram.

Plus, good luck finding Beskar light up Cantona yrs from now.

Shipping one figure via air vs hundreds/thousands is a completely different beast though, I also have no idea if that's Sideshow's decision or not. If you want more price increases then go ahead and suggest that to them.
You're not wrong and it could very well be cost-prohibitive. I'm just salty because the two figures I ordered from them this year will both take half a year after the Hong Kong release before they arrive on my doorstep. As such I am reluctant to place any further pre-orders with them as I'd prefer to keep my buying options open at time of release.

I can’t believe Hot Toys had the audacity to make Iron Man from the first movie, and then after we bought that they made him from the second movie!!! This is outrageous, it’s unfair!!!

Also what are you even on about “1st Gen Season Two”? The previous Deluxe is from SEASON 1. It comes with Season 1 armour & accessories. This new figure is from Season 2 and comes with armour and accessories from, you guessed it, Season 2.
don't understand your comparison with IM as the first movie had Mark 1 and Mark 2 and Mark 3 second movie had Mark 3 and Mark 4.

Each suit was fairly different. The comparison you are trying to make would be similar to the first season mando and second season mando. Same figure with just difference in color scheme.

My reference is that TMS14/15 are presented as Season 2 (even though to be technical its toward the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2 in terms of accuracy.

My Point is they could have done the TMS14/15 and labeled it Season 1 which would indicate there's still a season 2 version coming and alot of people would have held out for that. Being that it was labeled Season 2 it indicated that was the last that would be done as in no more and definitely not more accurate to Season 2.

Then they come out with the "upgraded" Mando with chrome armor (as I pointed out before they could have done that all along as they had the capability since Terminator Genesis Endoskeleton). Just a very in your face kind of milking it move.

People who benefit from this cause they were holding out will laugh and haha all day at those who bought the TMS14/15 that is until HT releases the Upgraded Upgrade version with interchangeable snow armor, wired cape, and alternate battle damaged headsculpt.

I have no issue with HT doing different versions as that was the difference between Season 1 and Season 2. This "upgrade" version is just an honest proper Season 2

Yeah a battle-damaged, bloodied un-helmeted head sculpt would be a nice inclusion. Though that was only in season one in the finale if I'm not mistaken. Hmmm, perhaps that should've been included with v1 beskar (?) since that reflects S1.
I'm sure they will do an "upgraded" season 1 version as well LOL
I'm betting we will see a Season 2 snow version as well

Nah, I'm keeping the set. Might sell off Beskar Mando but I don't want to lose Grogu, the pram, or the ice cream maker.

GOOD THING, FOR SENDING HIM BACK UNSEEN WOULD ANGER THE 1/6 GODS

They would remember that the next time you are hoping for HT to make a favorite secondary character. We might in fact all end up paying for this heretical behavior! Horrors

....just kidding, but seriously it will be two years until we see Season 2 Mando on our shelves. Y'might want to let Beskar stick around.

My Point is they could have done the TMS14/15 and labeled it Season 1 which would indicate there's still a season 2 version coming and alot of people would have held out for that. Being that it was labeled Season 2 it indicated that was the last that would be done as in no more and definitely not more accurate to Season 2.

I have no issue with HT doing different versions as that was the difference between Season 1 and Season 2. This "upgrade" version is just an honest proper Season 2

Wait, we needed Hot Toys, a company well-known to make any and all versions of characters that sell, to label that figure, from the most popular Star Wars content since the OT, Season 1, so we would all be aware a second season version was no doubt coming?

This take makes my brain melt and spill out of my ears.

Edit: Also, please show me where that figure was labeled as ‘Season 2’.

Last edited:
don't understand your comparison with IM as the first movie had Mark 1 and Mark 2 and Mark 3 second movie had Mark 3 and Mark 4.

Each suit was fairly different. The comparison you are trying to make would be similar to the first season mando and second season mando. Same figure with just difference in color scheme.

My reference is that TMS14/15 are presented as Season 2 (even though to be technical its toward the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2 in terms of accuracy.

Then they come out with the "upgraded" Mando with chrome armor (as I pointed out before they could have done that all along as they had the capability since Terminator Genesis Endoskeleton). Just a very in your face kind of milking it move.

People who benefit from this cause they were holding out will laugh and haha all day at those who bought the TMS14/15 that is until HT releases the Upgraded Upgrade version with interchangeable snow armor, wired cape, and alternate battle damaged headsculpt.

And the armour between Season 1 & 2 is slightly different, just like the Iron Man suits between 1 & 2 are slightly different. The Iron Man Mk3 & Mk4 suits are barely different.

TMS014/015 are not presented as Season 2, where did you get that impression? All of the promo photos use backdrops from Season 1 locations, because the figure went up for PO long before Season 2 even premiered.

You're trying to convince yourself that they misled you.

And the armour between Season 1 & 2 is slightly different, just like the Iron Man suits between 1 & 2 are slightly different. The Iron Man Mk3 & Mk4 suits are barely different.

TMS014/015 are not presented as Season 2, where did you get that impression? All of the promo photos use backdrops from Season 1 locations, because the figure went up for PO long before Season 2 even premiered.

why would I try to convince myself of anything? That makes no sense, either I believe they misled me or I believe they did not. Which by the way is total off point from the point I was trying to make.

To take it away from personal aspects and refocus on my point. I don't care about the headsculpt or the accessories etc, my main issue is with the paint job, they could have done that before, just chose not to so people would by the figure again.

I know how to airbrush so not a huge deal for me, I can always repaint mine or pick up a second set of armor as many people will be offloading now and repaint that.

Hell I may pick up two sets of armor to do a season 2 chrome beskar and season 2 snow armor. (which you know they will do a release of next) then I can interchange the armor when I want to change up the look. That's what it should be not always having to buy another figure. That is my point. Take it or leave it

my main issue is with the paint job, they could have done that before, just chose not to so people would by the figure again.
I‘ve seen this sentiment going around and I really think it misunderstands Hot Toys as a company. The notion that they would do something wrong on purpose so that they could sell a “fix” is so cynical. Sometimes they just get it wrong the first time and do better with hindsight. Sometimes doing it right would cost more than what the market would be willing to pay at the time so they have to fall back to the next-best-thing.

The chrome plating comes at a significant price hike over the season one figure. If Mando had come out of the gate priced at $330 for the non-deluxe two years ago people would have lost it. But with the prices people have been willing to pay to get the season one figure sooner rather than later, Hot Toys probably saw that the popularity of the license meant they could go for an even more premium product. No different than Iron Men moving from plastic to diecast in my opinion.

Hot Toys didn’t start with $160 plastic Iron Men figures because they had some grand evil scheme to sell better $400 metal ones later. They made the best product they were capable of at the time at the price they thought people were willing to pay at the time.

I‘ve seen this sentiment going around and I really think it misunderstands Hot Toys as a company. The notion that they would do something wrong on purpose so that they could sell a “fix” is so cynical. Sometimes they just get it wrong the first time and do better with hindsight. Sometimes doing it right would cost more than what the market would be willing to pay at the time so they have to fall back to the next-best-thing.

The chrome plating comes at a significant price hike over the season one figure. If Mando had come out of the gate priced at $330 for the non-deluxe two years ago people would have lost it. But with the prices people have been willing to pay to get the season one figure sooner rather than later, Hot Toys probably saw that the popularity of the license meant they could go for an even more premium product. No different than Iron Men moving from plastic to diecast in my opinion.

Hot Toys didn’t start with $160 plastic Iron Men figures because they had some grand evil scheme to sell better $400 metal ones later. They made the best product they were capable of at the time at the price they thought people were willing to pay at the time.
Well said!

Agreed, though while the Iron Man comparison is sound, I’d use different suits. Mk 3 and Mk 4 are pretty different.

I would say it’d be more like, “How dare Hot Toys make a Mk 6 after Mk 4 (repaint and a different arc reactor) or a Mk 47 after Mk 46 (repaint with different accessories).”

There’s clearly a market for both in those cases, and there’s a market for both Season 1 and 2 Beskar Mando figures.

I feel like this argument is going to keep going ad nauseam. Folks out there are so bitter about this and they’re ready to demonize Hot Toys over this perceived injustice.

I criticize them when it’s something actually criticism worthy, but people act like Hot Toys forced collectors to buy the Beskar S1 at spearpoint.

It makes me want to buy ad space on this site and make a banner that says:

Welcome to Collector Freaks. Hot Toys did not force you or anyone else to buy The Mandalorian Beskar TMS 014/015. They are not the literal devil. Thank you.

Last edited:
Agreed, though while the Iron Man comparison is sound, I’d use different suits. Mk 3 and Mk 4 are pretty different.

I would say it’d be more like, “How dare Hot Toys make a Mk 6 after Mk 4 (repaint and a different arc reactor) or a Mk 47 after Mk 46 (repaint with different accessories).”

There’s clearly a market for both in those cases, and there’s a market for both Season 1 and 2 Beskar Mando figures.

I feel like this argument is going to keep going ad nauseam. Folks out there are so bitter about this and they’re ready to demonize Hot Toys over this perceived injustice.

I criticize them when it’s something actually criticism worthy, but people act like Hot Toys forced collectors to buy the Beskar S1 at spearpoint.

It makes me want to buy ad space on this site and make a banner that says:

Welcome to Collector Freaks. Hot Toys did not force you or anyone else to buy The Mandalorian Beskar TMS 014/015. They are not the literal devil. Thank you.

Yeah, this isn’t anything exclusive to Hot Toys. Every other toys and collectibles company does the same thing. Not to mention phones and cars and computers and stuff are always one-upping themselves. If people want to sell or return their stuff in anticipation of the latest thing that’s their prerogative. These things don’t upset me too much. It can be annoying, but there are pluses and minuses to both releases in this case that make them unique, and if you care enough about them, worthy of owning on their own merits.

My only objection is that they included the flame thrower effect and the whistling birds. Those parts should have stayed unique to the S1 Beskar to help keep its value. And the Whistling birds were promoted as being exclusive to the Deluxe set and something we paid extra for.

I think its just HT wanting to pad the contents of the product, but not wanting to actually make new stuff. If you think about it, the only new molded pieces are the headsculpt, the thigh plate armor, the Spear and the swoop bike part ( They say the Grogu head is new but it looks very similar to the one with Ahsoka )

My only objection is that they included the flame thrower effect and the whistling birds. Those parts should have stayed unique to the S1 Beskar to help keep its value. And the Whistling birds were promoted as being exclusive to the Deluxe set and something we paid extra for.

I think its just HT wanting to pad the contents of the product, but not wanting to actually make new stuff. If you think about it, the only new molded pieces are the headsculpt, the thigh plate armor, the Spear and the swoop bike part ( They say the Grogu head is new but it looks very similar to the one with Ahsoka )
But he uses the flamethrower & whistling birds in Season 2, so people would complain if they didn't include those.

What other new things could they include? You get the spear, the Darksaber, satchel, detonator, headsculpt, new thigh plate, Boba Fett's helmet & jetpack and the other stuff he was carrying, and the head sculpt for the Grogu looks slightly different mostly the mouth. Plenty new there if you ask me.

Back