Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airbrush is the way to go you can't really use brush and not have a brush stroke i tried

I thought that must be the case. Quite a few people in various places online were saying they applied it with a brush but I thought no way could you get a properly smooth coat with no brush strokes without using an airbrush. Thanks for confirming.
In the end I decided to just PO the season 2 version. Won't be here until the end of next year and I'll still have the season 1 in my collection in the meantime.

I wish this came with the season 2 pram. We have the season 1 version Grogu started out with, and the one Kuiil made is coming with the Grogu pack, but we'll still need the third iteration.

Grogu Season 2 Pram.jpg

I wish this came with the season 2 pram. We have the season 1 version Grogu started out with, and the one Kuiil made is coming with the Grogu pack, but we'll still need the third iteration.

View attachment 530544
There not much difference in the First Pram and Season 2 Pram just few colors at sides and the control button on front is different
Season 1 Pram and Season 2 Pram.PNG

Is there a spear mount or harness/clips on his back or on the pack? (should there be?) Or is that just a shadow from the pack? Is it just tucked behind the pack, through the cape, magnetic onto the harness, ....magic!?

How should it actually load on to the figures back, If it does at all?
Should it?
I'd love to see a harness/clips for it or magnetically attach with the pack?

pcfsW3h.jpg
Trying to answer my own question , scrutinizing all the new pictures of chrome Mando and Chrome Delux.
Am I seeing something there? - https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...e-version_star-wars_gallery_60db637bd8110.jpg
dcRddJH.jpg

Was that^ element on any of the previous figures, looks new? ( I don't have one, . so anyone who does LMK)?
Looks like something added to his pack, harness or attached to the actual armor back-plate?
Specifically to clip the Beskar spear on?

While we don't see it, It's certainly implied the spear has a place to clip in the others pics. that back element just happened to be exposed in the one swoop pic. above^.
the-mandalorian-and-grogu_star-wars_gallery_60d6049be8351.jpg

Makes sense, yet another new element specific to the new release.

Last edited:
Trying to answer my own question , scrutinizing all the new pictures of chrome Mando and Chrome Delux.
Am I seeing something there? - https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...e-version_star-wars_gallery_60db637bd8110.jpg
dcRddJH.jpg

Was that^ element on any of the previous figures, looks new? ( I don't have one, . so anyone who does LMK)?
Looks like something added to his pack, harness or attached to the actual armor back-plate?
Specifically to clip the Beskar spear on?

While we don't see it, It's certainly implied the spear has a place to clip in the others pics. that back element just happened to be exposed in the one swoop pic. above^.
the-mandalorian-and-grogu_star-wars_gallery_60d6049be8351.jpg

Makes sense, yet another new element specific to the new release.
This figure is going to be epic! Can't wait to have him on my display.

The speckled weathering they've added to the armour, is that accurate? I remember his armour being really clean in season 2 (apart the times he's covered in dragon goo etc)

Oh I got that pretty wrong. When I think back on season 2, I remember his armour being super clean but the weathering on the figure looks accurate to that pic. Thank you mate, much appreciated.
Nothing stays clean for very long in the Star Wars universe. If you bought a new car... I mean landspeeder, the detailer would show up to immediately speckle brown and black grime on it and take a chisel to the paint job.

HT has never accurately matched Grogu's skin tone. They keep making him too dark but hes actually almost a light teal or something

Nothing stays clean for very long in the Star Wars universe. If you bought a new car... I mean landspeeder, the detailer would show up to immediately speckle brown and black grime on it and take a chisel to the paint job.

You're right, it makes total sense that a chrome like finish would end up pretty gritted up and weathered.
I've always liked the battered "lived in" look of Star Wars.

HT has never accurately matched Grogu's skin tone. They keep making him too dark but hes actually almost a light teal or something
I agree. I feel the same about most Yoda figures. The green is always too dark and it should have a slight blue tint.

Just a quick easy mod for my Mando Beskar Spear Holder
Beskar Spear Holder 1.jpeg

Attachments

• Beskar Spear Holder 2.jpeg
    Beskar Spear Holder 2.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Beskar Spear Holder 3.jpeg
    Beskar Spear Holder 3.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 39

I've not noticed Grogu's skin tone discrepancy until you pointed it out, but then I don't think it will niggle at me. :lol

Back