Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5px3qu.gif

As far as who actually ends up with the Darksaber in story?
With the Season 3 quest for Mandalor (to free or rule it?), I'm not really caught up with the cartoon cannon, I know there is a Sabine character who has a claim to it, and even more factions out there, now including the Armorer's clan, so there will likely be a fight.

I don't see Mando seeking to claim the throne, maybe helping free/unite his people seems more his drive, but not to claim power. That is not him.

The only reason he ended up with the Darksaber was to save the Yoby, he had no interest in power, or what the saber symbolized or represented.
And even tried to willingly surrender it to Bo.
tumblr_fadb34a537ede5c920ce10e39425edff_52b360f6_540.gif

He might inadvertently lead people into action for a greater good, but that's a different kind of power. I think he walks from the throne, and leaves the rule to Bo or that Sabine character from the cartoons, or to any others in the mythology, and lets them have at it.
MC07vHF.jpg

Clinging to the Darksaber (and everything it "offers" ) might ultimately bring death, and Mando will likely see it's time to let it go!
Bo is going to be in a rough spot, if she can't....

Something else other than a symbol, or a dogmatic "way" is going to have to unite them, or they will destroy each-other.
Mando likely helps them see (or remember) that, then leaves their fate to them.

Final trope is I imagine - (Yojimbo/Fist Full/Red Harvest)- he walks off into the sunset to continue his wandering - cue his badass theme music.

Last edited:
When this and Bo-Katan release, I'm giving the dark saber to Bo-Katan! :panic:

I plan on having them at opposite ends of the shelf, Din with the saber and Bo head tilted down, giving him The Look. DW Mando will back her up. In the middle will be fifteen Fetts. All the Fetts will ignore Bo since she talked smack about Jango, and Fennec will be swilling out of her spotchka bottle. Good times!

Beautiful! look at those shiny armor, a definite Mando for me, can't wait!
I appreciate the shiny armor but actually am pretty hyped about getting all the desert hike accessories. That scene in the series really spoke to me with the Western vibe and also IMO telegraphs the dogged determination of this Mandalorian and sheer physical ability.

Like contrast it with the image of Finn who was not dealing well with the desert and dropping armor bits off. OK to be fair he just crashed and all, but Mando had just had a fight. Besides there was that big aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh moment with the kid running to Mando; a nice contrast to Season One when the kid started as a bounty.

But, I'd like fight scene on display too. Personally will just mix and match stuff with version 2, which IMO is pretty shiny. Not AS shiny, but shiny enough. In time might add some chalk dust for some weathering to V2. Or scorch marks, tho wouldn't be surprised if HT just milks it with a "battle version".

I appreciate the shiny armor but actually am pretty hyped about getting all the desert hike accessories. That scene in the series really spoke to me with the Western vibe and also IMO telegraphs the dogged determination of this Mandalorian and sheer physical ability.

Like contrast it with the image of Finn who was not dealing well with the desert and dropping armor bits off. OK to be fair he just crashed and all, but Mando had just had a fight. Besides there was that big aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh moment with the kid running to Mando; a nice contrast to Season One when the kid started as a bounty.

But, I'd like fight scene on display too. Personally will just mix and match stuff with version 2, which IMO is pretty shiny. Not AS shiny, but shiny enough. In time might add some chalk dust for some weathering to V2. Or scorch marks, tho wouldn't be surprised if HT just milks it with a "battle version".

Agree, really like that scene where he trudged through the desert. I've read stormtrooper suits protect the wearer from environmental conditions, like those scorching plains, so I'd imagine Mando's suit could protect him in those regards. Plus he didn't seem uncomfortable from the cold in the icy planet either.

Good idea, would also be great to have a 'battle-damage' version with the back marks and maybe a bloodied head sculpt to recreate the end of S1.

How does chrome paint hold up? Has phasma been subject to any kind of peel or flake?

I have the Deluxe Beskar one, but I like this too! So I’ll probably pick it up.

How does chrome paint hold up? Has phasma been subject to any kind of peel or flake?

I have the Deluxe Beskar one, but I like this too! So I’ll probably pick it up.
My Phasma is 10000% fine, no flaking/peeling, no haze. I take a really good care of the figure. She is being displayed inside a moisture controlled + dust proof glass cabinet. The chrome shine is as reflective as new.

My Phasma is 10000% fine, no flaking/peeling, no haze. I take a really good care of the figure. She is being displayed inside a moisture controlled + dust proof glass cabinet. The chrome shine is as reflective as new.

This is apparently chrome plated rather than chrome painted as Phasma was. No idea how the plating will hold up versus chrome paint.

On display at Sideshow Con. Looks damn good. Love the lighting they have on his wired cape.

9PUpsBp.png
Oh yeah, looks fantastic, thats the display I want, helmet in hand Darksaber in the other.
Seeing Grogu off, first quest accomplished.

Back