1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... was the Child that small...?
F89CD2CF-2157-48C0-A45A-79691040BB45.jpeg

View attachment 529274
Goddamn it, Hot Toys...

And wow!! This looks so good! I like to speculate that both releases are representative of the show, in some scenes the beskar armor looked chromed out, and in others it looked a bit more subdued, so I think all these are welcome. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the underlying suit and molding is the same as the first version, the major differences being the paint job, knee pad/thigh plate, and added accessories (?)

And wow!! This looks so good! I like to speculate that both releases are representative of the show, in some scenes the beskar armor looked chromed out, and in others it looked a bit more subdued, so I think all these are welcome.

The current beskar figure will come alive depending on lighting. The newer one probably won't be so light dependent.

So, yes, I think they're still both valid options - both in terms of the source material, and how you choose to display the figures.

The current beskar figure will come alive depending on lighting. The newer one probably won't be so light dependent.

So, yes, I think they're still both valid options - both in terms of the source material, and how you choose to display the figures.

:exactly:

I've seen quite a few comments about how people will either cancel their pre-orders on the TMS15 or sell it and replace it. I do think there's some justification for keeping all three versions so far. My set-up will be something like this...

1) TMS07 OG Mando with Pram (from the TMS15)
2) TMS15 with the Din Djarin hs
3) S2 deluxe Mando displayed with helmet and deluxe accessories (plenty of options for this one in reality)

Then again I'm also very very tempted to use the Din Djarin hs on the Transport Trooper, if it fits.

I had fully-anticipated the inclusion of the spear, sword, satchel and so-so unhelmeted sculpt for a season two edition and determined I could live without all of those things, but had not anticipated the chrome-plated armor upgrade. Still, the $70 price increase for these additions over the original $260 non-deluxe means I don't feel too bad about it.

I've seen quite a few comments about how people will either cancel their pre-orders on the TMS15 or sell it and replace it. I do think there's some justification for keeping all three versions so far. My set-up will be something like this...

3) S2 deluxe Mando displayed with helmet and deluxe accessories (plenty of options for this one in reality)

Then again I'm also very very tempted to use the Din Djarin hs on the Transport Trooper, if it fits.
I had a plan in place as well.

1. Durasteel Mandalorian in a Season 1 display with pram, IG-11, and Kuiil.

2. Beskar Mandalorian Deluxe (S1) in a display with various Fetts and Mandalorians in a visual evolution of Mandalorian armor.

3. Season 2 Din Djarin with the other figures from Season 2.

Someone could just as easily get a few parts and put the Beskar Deluxe S1 on the Swoop, or carrying the S2 Deluxe’s accessories.

And like you said, head sculpt could go on the Transport Trooper.

It could also go on either of the Season 1 figures as well, for a “behind the scenes” look just to display the sculpt.

:lecture

This is the way.

I'm tempted to go with the last suggestion.

I had a plan in place as well.

1. Durasteel Mandalorian in a Season 1 display with pram, IG-11, and Kuiil.

2. Beskar Mandalorian Deluxe (S1) in a display with various Fetts and Mandalorians in a visual evolution of Mandalorian armor.

3. Season 2 Din Djarin with the other figures from Season 2.

Someone could just as easily get a few parts and put the Beskar Deluxe S1 on the Swoop, or carrying the S2 Deluxe’s accessories.

And like you said, head sculpt could go on the Transport Trooper.

It could also go on either of the Season 1 figures as well, for a “behind the scenes” look just to display the sculpt.
This just highlights how many good options there are and how you can mix and match between all three figures. People shouldn't be so hasty to cancel. I have to say Hot Toys' strategy with these Mando releases has been incredibly clever. I had literally no intention of buying another Beskar Mando until today. Within 10 seconds of seeing this, seeing the hs and those deluxe accessories, I was sold on it. So glad I cancelled the quarter-scale last week, I think that figure will bomb now.

I’m keeping my current Beskar Mando and still order the V2 version. I don’t regret my decision

Back