1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I guess Sideshow is waiting on their second batch for this figure. I'm just getting anxious to get this guy. Just hope they don't get him around the same time they get their Iron Man Mark 85 figures.

Yeah, that'd suck considering they aren't getting those Iron Men until Q3 because of the classic head sculpt switcheroo.

After seeing Justin's review, personally I prefer my version...

instagram : @Guillaume_customs

210119122457803006.jpg

I agree your paint and molds do seem better! Nice work !

I'm excited to get this! He should be here Wednesday. Also saw the new video from Justin I think the armour piece looks good, but personally it's not necessary at least I don't think. Also he continues to complain about the suit not being brown. Lol Justin! It's brown it just depends on the light your using. Also in the majority of the show it's a dark grey most of the time anyways. Also I remember people were complaining on here and FB that it was brown from the secret base prototype images and now that it's been darken a bit people are complaining that it's not brown enough. Lol Can't please everyone I guess, but not a big deal it just depends on preference.

Mines been shipped from hing Kong via sideshow this morning-looking forward to having him in hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm excited to get this! He should be here Wednesday. Also saw the new video from Justin I think the armour piece looks good, but personally it's not necessary at least I don't think. Also he continues to complain about the suit not being brown. Lol Justin! It's brown it just depends on the light your using. Also in the majority of the show it's a dark grey most of the time anyways. Also I remember people were complaining on here and FB that it was brown from the secret base prototype images and now that it's been darken a bit people are complaining that it's not brown enough. Lol Can't please everyone I guess, but not a big deal it just depends on preference.

Spot on bud.

Looks brown in my latest quick photos below but also grey at times. It?s just right:

Spot on bud.

Looks brown in my latest quick photos below but also grey at times. It?s just right:

Saw a post on another site (https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/mando-mandalorian-undersuit-bodysuit-fabric-parts.306601/)

saying the actual dye color is Pantone 440C (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/PQ-440C)
a gray color with a lot of red. Dunno what HT used, but one reason why the color looks different in different lighting - sometimes gray, sometimes brown. Tho I don't know how this Empire cover was done - digital art, or what:dunno

empire-february-2021-cover_opt.jpg

Just talking about the shine/chrome on the deluxe. I actually think HT did a decent job on this figure. He has a dull shine in some shots but also when the light hits him looks really chromed and I think they replicated this ok.
7f6dd6f05dcd26413ae9b7d567f3107e.jpg

433c4af0460555abb6dae84f32595e42.jpg

8cc098bfbb5a51657484f6dc500319f3.jpg

f518ced3bc95fbe0dee853d3ca3ebedf.jpg

Yeah they did a good job representing how the armor looks in some episodes... but the mirror chrome finish he had in others still looks far cooler I think.

Yeah, IMO corner cutting....

Mando_marshall.jpg

mando_shine2.jpg

mando_shine1.jpg

We all saw it...that deep hot wax Beskar...d@mn was looking forward to that. So next Mando version will be SHINY with a head sculpt. Or not. Who knows these days with Hot Toys. I'd luv a great Pascal sculpt but after the IM debacle worry it would end up looking like Anthony Banderas on a 2-week bender, or inexplicably morph into an Asian dude like Hawkeye.:banghead

I won't make final judgment until I get this in hand, but I am still disappointed that the beskar doesn't appear to be the shiny chrome it should be. No excuses if it isn't near perfect paint at this price point.

I mean maybe I am just biased or hopeful because I am getting this version but I would say it is not perfect (especially if perfect means it has to be buffed polished Beskar Mando) but it also is far from cutting corners or a bad representation of the Beskar armour. There is definitely a range of dullness to shine that this armour has during the show. And TBH I am not even sure if it is just the lighting that really brings out the shine. And in reviews of the figure I?ve seen more dull but also a lot of shine under certain lighting. So in that regard, it seems to have captured at least some of the range of colouring the suit goes through. And if you want that super shiny Mando, it probably wont have much range beside shiny, shinier and super saiyan 2 shiny.

And I think the armour is more often than not the dull shine and there are a few times he looks like he just went through the car wash so to speak. The shiny is a cool look of course but that might not be everyones preferred. So to say just because it is not shiny it is not good or accurate or HT cut corners...I dont get that argument. Even the Quarter Scale season 2 version has more of a dull metallic shine and thats because that was one of several ?accurate? looks the armour had.

All that to say, I do think that this is a pretty darn good version of the Mando with Beskar. I think it captures a lot of the way he looks in the show. It might not be perfect or maybe you want that super shiny Mando (and there is nothing wrong with that), but I will defend this figure and say that the colouring is great, accurate and overall the figure will be one of the best of 2021.

Yeah, I recently watched the last episode of season 2 again.

Even in that single episode the shine differs from time to time.

Sure, completely shiny would be awesome. But the current look is absolutely not wrong.

You can get a custom set of armor that's chrome but it's basically the price of a whole figure... we'll see how it is in hand. Might consider down the line. It is a bit odd, they've already done full chrome with Phasma.

I PO’ed this day one from Sideshow and haven’t heard a peep about shipping yet.
Why do people on Flex Pay get this before people who just pay all at once?

I mean maybe I am just biased or hopeful because I am getting this version but I would say it is not perfect (especially if perfect means it has to be buffed polished Beskar Mando) but it also is far from cutting corners or a bad representation of the Beskar armour. There is definitely a range of dullness to shine that this armour has during the show. And TBH I am not even sure if it is just the lighting that really brings out the shine. And in reviews of the figure I?ve seen more dull but also a lot of shine under certain lighting. So in that regard, it seems to have captured at least some of the range of colouring the suit goes through. And if you want that super shiny Mando, it probably wont have much range beside shiny, shinier and super saiyan 2 shiny.

And I think the armour is more often than not the dull shine and there are a few times he looks like he just went through the car wash so to speak. The shiny is a cool look of course but that might not be everyones preferred. So to say just because it is not shiny it is not good or accurate or HT cut corners...I dont get that argument. Even the Quarter Scale season 2 version has more of a dull metallic shine and thats because that was one of several ?accurate? looks the armour had.

All that to say, I do think that this is a pretty darn good version of the Mando with Beskar. I think it captures a lot of the way he looks in the show. It might not be perfect or maybe you want that super shiny Mando (and there is nothing wrong with that), but I will defend this figure and say that the colouring is great, accurate and overall the figure will be one of the best of 2021.

The dull silver look is simply not accurate. That is just the lighting/set of the show playing visual tricks. Make no mistake, Mando's beskar armor is definitely shiny chrome and if the HT figure doesn't match that then it's wrong and it is in fact corner cutting by HT. It hasn't stopped me from ordering two of these so believe me I want it to turn out as good as it possibly can. But I'm not going to lie to myself about the results either.

Back