1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7EE5099F-FB7C-4870-9CB0-24BBFEA64249.jpeg

After some re-watching of ROTS, I noticed this marking. What does it mean? Have also noticed that not all clones have it on their chest plate. Cody and the 501st troopers talking to Bail Organa have it. Could it be their ranking? A small detail for sure, but interesting.

View attachment 532532
After some re-watching of ROTS, I noticed this marking. What does it mean? Have also noticed that not all clones have it on their chest plate. Cody and the 501st troopers talking to Bail Organa have it. Could it be their ranking? A small detail for sure, but interesting.
It’s a part of Clone Trooper armor, both Phase 1 and 2. All the armor in both AOTC and ROTS should have it by design.

If it’s missing it could be a stylistic choice or an error, though sometimes it’s really hard to see because it’s a distant shot, covered, or colored in. They did omit it in the simplified animation style of The Clone Wars.

I don’t think it has a specific meaning; just some added surface detail.

F94AD7D2-E964-4A01-8370-377088326BDB.jpeg
94CD38B0-E3B9-4FC1-9AC5-3EA96827F26C.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a part of Clone Trooper armor, both Phase 1 and 2. All the armor in both AOTC and ROTS should have it by design.

If it’s missing it could be a stylistic choice or an error, though sometimes it’s really hard to see because it’s a distant shot, covered, or colored in. They did omit it in the simplified animation style of The Clone Wars.

I don’t think it has a specific meaning; just some added surface detail.
Ok, that's reasonable. So it is excluded on HT figures because of CW not having it then.

I was only able to find one shot where it's excluded in ROTS (Disney has removed the possibility to snip scenes): 1:20:23, which is probably because they are in the foreground and distant.

Ok, that's reasonable. So it is excluded on HT figures because of CW not having it then.

I was only able to find one shot where it's excluded in ROTS (Disney has removed the possibility to snip scenes): 1:20:23, which is probably because they are in the foreground and distant.
Yeah, that was an interesting choice. Sideshow included the indentations/markings in their Clones across the board, including the TCW specific Clones.

Yet Hot Toys decided not to, following the show’s design. But if they’re making realistic interpretations of all the animated characters, wouldn’t the realistic version have those markings? Or is there a sub type of Clone armor to not have those?

If they make other Clones like the 212th, a ROTS version would have the markings but a TCW version would not. And so a Phase 1 Cody wouldn’t have them but the Phase 2 figure does.

What will they do about the vanilla shiny Clones? Will we get the movie version with the markings? Or the animated version without?

I am honestly surprised they didn’t just put those markings there for all the Clones like Sideshow did and reuse the same chest armor piece.

Not a big deal at all, and 99.4% of people will not care or notice. But I find this really funny to think about.

Last edited:
Its funny that Cody has those lines painted on. So they know its supposed to be there.

I think they just forgot to add the lines in the initial mold and now they don't want to make a new one

Yeah I don’t think they purposely omitted it, you can see with Rex how strictly they’re taking the real life adaptation from TCW, adding details to his helmet that would only be there if he had a ROTS character model. This must have slipped by.

Just got the e-mail that I'll be charged Friday for shipping on my deluxe 501st, nothing on my single one yet.

Ooo nice. I hope I get an email. Should be a good one to get in

Yeah I'm pumped, I'm sure others will be getting e-mails soon too.

So maybe if I'm lucky it comes in next Friday or something.

I have two standard 501st Clone Troopers. Passed on the deluxe as all I want is the backpack. I got my charging notice for both my standard figures tonight.

I suppose with most figures arriving in batches even if I throw in an order now I’m not likely to get it for a while. Think I’ll get one deluxe. Maybe a second standard down the line.

We've had plenty of reviews so far but this will be on Unsealed and Revealed on Friday for Sideshow.

I look forward to the cringe and awkwardness.
I look forward to something falling off or breaking.

Which at least I won't hear with the audio muted.

They should just let Terry Smith do the unboxing videos. I'm not a fan or anything, but he's the most even-keeled personality in Sideshow videos.

As a collector, he presents a calm, knowledgeable, and genuinely interested demeanor instead of one that's propped up by caffeine pills and dripping with sometimes very forced "I love my job" E N T H U S I A S M.

Last edited:
Listening to the audio is half the fun!

All jokes aside, it is actually tomorrow and I got my dates wrong. Something to listen/watch while I take a break from work. I'll also be checking my account ever 4 minutes to see if Sideshow charges me for shipping sometime tomorrow.

Back