1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the fence about diving too deep into Clones, but man that Ahsoka helmet with the blue looks GOOD. Now to decide if I should dive in for the deluxe, or get the standard and pray the helmet that comes with Rex has a peg hole...

I was on the fence about diving too deep into Clones, but man that Ahsoka helmet with the blue looks GOOD. Now to decide if I should dive in for the deluxe, or get the standard and pray the helmet that comes with Rex has a peg hole...
The one with Rex is probably the same since that’s the cheaper option.

But the deluxe is only a little more than the regular. Just get it. You get a lot of other extra accessories, too that are substantial.

Better to have it than regret later that you don’t over a $30 difference.

The one with Rex is probably the same since that’s the cheaper option.

But the deluxe is only a little more than the regular. Just get it. You get a lot of other extra accessories, too that are substantial.

Better to have it than regret later that you don’t over a $30 difference.

Or..hear me out.

Get the deluxe AND the regular version.

For the Republic.

Don't tempt me, I'm so close to getting more of these guys and more Coruscant Guards.

It's like you can read my mind :oops:

I'm down for a clone army, but I've gotta try my best to think about the space in case they do decide to release that Airborne Trooper.

Between space and price...it is difficult to army build Hot Toys lol. I'm going with 2 for now with maybe a 3rd in the future.

An AOTC Phase 1 accurate clone will be the one I would want 4 or 5 of, so gotta be careful right now lol.

I wonder… When HT release their 212th trooper, airborne trooper and shines, will the market be full of 501st clones?

Good question, as others have said, I think Hot Toys will learn a thing or 2 from what Sideshow was doing a few years back. Space these things out a bit.

I can see them putting up another clone, probably the 212th or a shiny, sometime this year.

My 501st Battlalion...I like the simple poses

Attachments

• IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 69
Relatively speaking, I think it’s a very small number of collectors that buy a lot of the same trooper per release.

1-2 Troopers - Most collectors.
3-4 Troopers - Handful of collectors.
5-6 Troopers - Only a few collectors.
6+ Troopers - Tiny number of collectors.

Apologies for the unscientific units of measurement.

I don’t think there’ll ever be an overabundance of any Clones on the market because they won’t be overproduced. And Hot Toys has been doing a good job of spacing out releases unlike Sideshow.

Plus people will probably be less inclined to let them go by choice. Clones are a little more of a specialized market within Star Wars. A more casual or fair-weather fan or collector might see a Hot Toys Vader, Fett, Mando, or Stormtrooper and decide to splurge on it, and maybe sell it off later when something else comes along.

But someone buying expensive Clone figures is probably a bit more than a casual fan who may have unironically shouted FOR THE REPUBLIC while grocery shopping.

Get as many as you want to have now because it’s going to be painful later.

Last edited:
Listening to the audio is half the fun!

All jokes aside, it is actually tomorrow and I got my dates wrong. Something to listen/watch while I take a break from work. I'll also be checking my account ever 4 minutes to see if Sideshow charges me for shipping sometime tomorrow.
Did you end up watching the video?

As predicted. Check these timestamps:

24:15

39:40

@SOU7567 @endo1 @Hoody999 We should take bets next time on how many things break or fall off.

Last edited:
Back