1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an e-mail from Sideshow that my order will be canceled if I didn't respond to keep them due to FTC regulations. Those who still have open orders will want to check their status.
I didn't receive an email asking me to respond due to FTC regulations but I did receive the following:

Your item, Ahsoka Tano : Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys, has been delayed.
Your order for Ahsoka Tano : Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys (Order #AAF96794) is going to be arriving later than we originally thought. You can view updated arrival information in your order details.

How is it that Sideshow is the only place Ahsoka is delayed? Seems like every other outlet is shipping her...smh!

I didn't receive an email asking me to respond due to FTC regulations but I did receive the following
For clarity, that FTC email thing is not designed to protect the consumer. SS is doing that to protect their NRDs. Normally when a preorder is made with a deposit and a release date listed, time is considered of the essence. With massive delays, you can cancel and SS can't do anything about the NRD but give it back because time is of the essence. By agreeing to the delay, you are essentially saying time is not of the essence and your NRD remains NR. Otherwise it is is refundable. It's only a requirement in that SS is required to ship within their stated time frame at the time of ordering. They are asking if to opt out of that requirement. It's incredibly shady the way they have worded it.

For clarity, that FTC email thing is not designed to protect the consumer. SS is doing that to protect their NRDs. Normally when a preorder is made with a deposit and a release date listed, time is considered of the essence. With massive delays, you can cancel and SS can't do anything about the NRD but give it back because time is of the essence. By agreeing to the delay, you are essentially saying time is not of the essence and your NRD remains NR. Otherwise it is is refundable. It's only a requirement in that SS is required to ship within their stated time frame at the time of ordering. They are asking if to opt out of that requirement. It's incredibly shady the way they have worded it.
This isn't true though. Even if you agree to it and the figure is delayed you can still get your NRD back. They have to send this because if the figure is delayed and you don't agree to it, they have to cancel your order after 90 days. Agreeing to it just keeps your order open. Your NRD is still 100% refundable if the item is delayed. I know this for a fact because I just got a refund for a delayed item even after I agreed to it.

Quick update on this: SS got a full replacement Ahsoka to me already. They even shipped it out while my damaged one was still in transit back their warehouse 👏
Hey guys,

New on here but a silent spectator for a little while.

Got my 1st batch Ahsoka in from SS the other day and had few issues that I wanted to share as a heads up.

After trying (and failing) to detach the montrals/lekku + the head piece the first time, I flipped the figure around to find that the back of her left waistcape dislodged from the belt armor exposing some glue:
View attachment 571456
To fix this, I used one sewing pin to lather the damaged section with brush-on glue (taking care not to go past where Hot Toys applied their weaker glue). Then, I took the back of another sewing pin to get under there and press the gray fabric back into the belt armor to bond it in place again (1min hold to be safe). Had to be precise with this too or risk runaway glue. Kept tugging/moving the blue outfit down to make sure I wasn’t getting any on the other clothing material.
Clean fix ✅
View attachment 571457
Believe me I was careful when it happened, and mostly gripped the figure from the sides while constantly monitoring the state of the materials. Only lightly tugged downward a couple of times. Never did actually remove the head piece and I don’t plan on making another attempt.
View attachment 571464
I realize issues like this are not uncommon with Hot Toys. Still wanted to get a warning out there to anyone getting Ahsoka in soon. We all waited a while for this one so this was a nice scare lol

Got charged this morning for Ahsoka..now to see if I'll be waiting the 3-4 weeks for it to ship like I did Boba.

Mine actually got delivered today.
Thats good. Now how longer until the damn prices drop overseas? Its annoying how overpriced this particular figure is on other markets. Right now its the only thing stoping me from getting it. You dont see mauls prices that high..

Pretty much Ahsoka is pretty popular.
There are more popular figures that still go for less tho. Im sure there are more factors but I cant be convinced there is a good reason for ahsokas prices.

There are more popular figures that still go for less tho. Im sure there are more factors but I cant be convinced there is a good reason for ahsokas prices.
Some figures are over produced though, most Infinity War and Endgame figures are going for dirt cheap.

Remember when you could pick up a TFA Stormtrooper for about $100? Those prices dropped dramatically.

20220404_123855.jpg

Back