1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, First post here. I just got this figure and I am disappointed that the PU leather surface is sloughing off on the arms. I guess it's to be expected but I really wish I could go back in time and warn myself not to buy this thing because of it. As far as I can tell, there is no replacements on the net either.

Hi, First post here. I just got this figure and I am disappointed that the PU leather surface is sloughing off on the arms. I guess it's to be expected but I really wish I could go back in time and warn myself not to buy this thing because of it. As far as I can tell, there is no replacements on the net either.

Hello!

Did you get it new or used?

Crazy hey? Like they had full quality control on the DX10 but not the other two. I'm thankful, and not, because now two of them are gonna have different belts, which sucks (unless I remove the DX10 belt).

Tell me, does the belt look brown or black to you? Because I ordered one brown and a couple of black, and I was pretty sure when I looked at mine, it had too much of black to be a brown, but now in these pics it looks brown!

Also, why did you swap the clothes around? You meaning to say you prefer the MMS117 clothes over the DX10?

Pretty sure the belt is dark brown, maybe get a brown belt and use a black felt tip pen on it. I put the DX10 clothes on my MMS117 because I like the cleaner look of the real leather they used for my Galleria Arnold. I think the MMS17 fake leather clothes work better on my DX10 fig or Cyberdyne shootout fig, when the leathers looked a bit more tatty. Also I put the DX10 sunglasses on the MMS117.

dOrWR7v.jpg

Shame reading all these stories about the MMS238 pleather parts. I've been on the lookout for this one (or a DX13) to have a Terminator in my collection but now doesn't seem like a great idea.

Surprised someone hasn't put together a run for a replacement jacket/belt.

Here are some pics I've taken of my MMS238 with the MMS136 head. Also some pics of my MMS136 with the boots and pants off an MMS238.

If you notice the MMS136 has been stained a bit to better match the way it is in the movie, out of the box is too clean a look for it.

NnIyNCW.jpg

05JBBUE.jpg

gD8OZse.jpg

qAXi1nj.jpg

Fn8k2Y6.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm new here . New with a big question to ask you guys . Does anyone know how to remove the timer for the MMS238 head LED ? Was considering of hardwiring it and having the red eye always on , but that won't change the fact that the timer make the LED open only a few seconds . Could someone help me with that ? thanks !

I think it?s my favorite HT head although I never use it. The endo underneath is too darn cool looking. I only wish the skin looked a little more dead like in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I repainted mine years ago. I have slots open commission wise too. Feel free to pm or message via my Facebook page.
00cbd3ccdf5f7c7f93ba53e4ebb7f563.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

They really need to make a Kyle Reese preferably with trench coat, sawed off shotgun and some pipe bombs, and the Nike vandals. That would sell right?

I would definitely pick up a Kyle Reese and a Sarah Connor from the original film. Both would be pretty bare-boned figures so the head sculpts would really need to be amazing.

Those are pretty much the only things that they could add to a Kyle Reese figure.

I guess they could add a partial T-800 to the Sarah Connor figure.

Screenlg7.jpg

One day I was looking at my T800 figures, and particularly the MMS117 and the MMS136. I always thought the MMS117 body was a little large than it should be for a T2 Arnold, and well, the chest on the MMS238 is underwhelming...

So I swapped out the MMS238 body into the MMS117, and vice versa.

This is what happened.

k7jhakr.jpg

ousl4u9.jpg

m5N4oo0.jpg

r0xYnNW.jpg

The MMS117 body is bigger than the MMS238, and it seems the MMS136 and the MMS117 share the same body. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this look is a helluva lot better.

but it's an MMS136 head, which is much smaller than MMS238 head. and bubblehead on MMS238 is the main reason why the body looks midget.

Back