1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been considering buying a Terminator figure for a while now but I just don't which one I want. I like the look of this one but I also like the DX10 as well. Any recommendations for a first(and probably only) Terminator figure?

Get the HT Terminator Genisys fig
terminator_genisys.0.0.jpg

:lol Only Joking.

Well my favourite is the HT TechNoir fig MMS136, they are a bit hard to come by now but if you can find a good one, go for it.
Main reasons are that I prefer T1 over T2.
The MMS136 was my first HT Terminator figure, so there is some sentimentality in it.
I just prefer the look of the Terminator from the early part of the film, the punk outfit is really memorable.
It comes with two of the best Arnie sculpts HT have done imo.
Also the TechNoir fig dosent really have anything that can disintegrate. The HT T2 Arnie figs (MMS117, DX10, DX13) have jackets and belts that are known do disintegrate and the Battle damaged T1 (MMS236) jacket is known to disintegrate over time.
If you do get the TechNoir fig, all you need is the correct coloured cargo pants, as the one that came with the fig are the wrong shade.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been having a tough time trying to decide between the Tech Noir and the DX13. I've combed through the threads and looked at tons of pics. Right now I can only get one figure, so I ended up choosing the DX13. As much as I love the original, I love T2 more since it was the first one I was able to watch in the theater. My parents wouldn't let me watch the original when it came out so I didn't have that connection to it as I do with T2. Hopefully I can get the funds to add the Tech Noir Arnie later.

Yeah, I've been having a tough time trying to decide between the Tech Noir and the DX13. I've combed through the threads and looked at tons of pics. Right now I can only get one figure, so I ended up choosing the DX13. As much as I love the original, I love T2 more since it was the first one I was able to watch in the theater. My parents wouldn't let me watch the original when it came out so I didn't have that connection to it as I do with T2. Hopefully I can get the funds to add the Tech Noir Arnie later.

Yeah the DX13 is a good choice if you prefer T2. Its probably my second favourite after the TechNoir. I would of been hard pushed to ask my mum and dad to go and see T1 when it came out as I was only one year old when it was released, lol. I must of seen it for the first time in the early 90's when I watched some of my dads VHS collection.

Yeah the DX13 is a good choice if you prefer T2. Its probably my second favourite after the TechNoir. I would of been hard pushed to ask my mum and dad to go and see T1 when it came out as I was only one year old when it was released, lol. I must of seen it for the first time in the early 90's when I watched some of my dads VHS collection.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love both movies, but T2 is my favorite. As far as choosing between the two figures, I basically came down to I liked the overall look of the DX13 better. I was 12 when the first movie came out and I was 17 when I finally watched it and it wouldn't be until a few years later when T2 came out before I finally started to appreciate the first film.

Congrats on getting the DX13, you really can't go wrong with any of them. Well, except the Genesys one.

Thanks Jay! Yeah it was a very tough decision for me since I only plan on having one in my collection. But who knows, I did break my one figure per character rule with Batman. :)

Do elaborate!

I can't imagine anyone having just "one" character from the Batman franchise. It's Batman!

why is everybody keeping the jacket collar down on this figure? are there so many people who never watched T1?

Yeah I wonder if HT will revisit the Terminator line, like they have with the Nolan Bats line. Unlikely but you never know.

Man, Id be all over a revisit of the first 2 movie Arnolds. I feel like an idiot not getting ms136. Ms238 is still in my top 5. I?m trying to stick to main franchise characters for 1/6 figures but Ive got a weakness for The Terminator. The #1 figure I want from from HT is the quarter scale police shootout they teased years ago but Id be plenty happy with a 1/4 T2 or tech noir to go with my endoskeleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back