1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a big factor for sure but we know there should have been a size difference between T1 and T2 anyway and so the more sticky-out MMS117/136 chest was always going to work better on a T1 figure. And the situation is better again with consistent head-sizes which Miltiadis has done here. I'd do it, I'd return to the MMS136 head if only I could at least get rid of the blood on that sculpt.

I'd do it, I'd return to the MMS136 head if only I could at least get rid of the blood on that sculpt.
i wouldn't. the haircut is completely wrong on BD MMS136, at least compared to MMS238 hair. i don't say that MMS136 head wasn't better. it was.

and no, a millimeter difference in chest size doesn't change anything (if it even exists) compared to the effect of a giant head that is at least +20% out of scale.

I'm not unaware of the inaccuracy in this case but since the MMS238 hair isn't fully accurate either I would accept it as trade-off when I'm restoring head size consistency between figures, the superior facial resemblance of the 136 sculpt (again, also not perfect on either sculpt) and the better proportions with the body.

and no, a millimeter difference in chest size doesn't change anything (if it even exists) compared to the effect of a giant head that is at least +20% out of scale.

Unnecessarily argumentative here. I already agreed that the MMS238 head being so big was a major part of the reason the proportions on that figure were wrong. I've long criticized that.

I think the differences in the body size/shape is enough to be perceptible in the way that it pushes out the clothes. If you don't care about that so be it.

Last edited:
oh! now i get what you two were discussing. how two bodies fit two characters despite the head sizes.
in that case i totally agree. MMS238 chest isn't smaller, but it's flatter, which doesn't fit T1 but fits T2.

but it's an MMS136 head, which is much smaller than MMS238 head. and bubblehead on MMS238 is the main reason why the body looks midget.

I know, but even with the alternate MMS136 sculpt, the stock body's chest is still too flat. This is a perfect fit.

You're not wrong, those look great. Nice shots & posing. And that's a splendid garden.

Thank you!

If only I could get rid of the blood on the alternate sculpt, but I have no experience in painting sculpts and I'm not gonna risk it. I'm kind of fine with it as it is, in the Detolf you hardly see it even with the light on.

oh! now i get what you two were discussing. how two bodies fit two characters despite the head sizes.
in that case i totally agree. MMS238 chest isn't smaller, but it's flatter, which doesn't fit T1 but fits T2.

It is smaller. I compared both bodies side by side before clothing them, the MMS117 is quite wide and pumped compared to the MMS238. It is also easier to close the T2 jacket in on the MMS238 body because of it.

I think the MMS117 and the MMS136 share similar if not the same bodies, but I'd have to take them apart again to check.

@ P.

Fair enough, I should have mentioned 'shape' before. It's the shape of the chest that - when the clothes are on - gives the appearance of greater mass because of the way the clothes are hanging. The MMS117 stock body never looked right for T2 for this reason - the chest-shape adjustment on the DX10 body improved it somewhat by allowing the T2 jacket to close tighter as Miltiadis mentions above - but the proportions disaster that was MMS238 makes me question if this was ever a conscious improvement or just a happy accident.

Last edited:
:clap

Where is that black and white tile base from?

Thanks, I just moded a dio floor piece from Art Figures Steven Seagal figure.
steven-seagal-raging-police-12-figure_1_c7ef51c64be23cbad604adcb1d17aa60.jpg

So I've been considering buying a Terminator figure for a while now but I just don't which one I want. I like the look of this one but I also like the DX10 as well. Any recommendations for a first(and probably only) Terminator figure?

I?ve got this one, MMS136, DX10 and DX13 and this one is probably my favorite. They all have issues, the only thing about this one that bugs me is the obvious hairline. The DX13 is probably second fav. That one objectively may be the best one they have done. I like MMS136 as well for sentimental reasons, first ever 1/6, the DX10 is the only one I don?t care for, don?t like the sculpt and the proportions don?t seem right (obviously that is fixable).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been considering buying a Terminator figure for a while now but I just don't which one I want. I like the look of this one but I also like the DX10 as well. Any recommendations for a first(and probably only) Terminator figure?

All of them are great with a few caveats. The MMS236 has a jacket that most likely has flaked due to age and ALL belts on any T2 T-800 figure won't hold.

I own all of them and my favorite has to be the MMS136 Tech Noir because it looks incredibly menacing. However if you only plan to get ONE Terminator, I would also suggest the route most people don't take- the T2 MM117 over the DX10. As cool as the DX10 is, there's something about the MMS117 that looks badass, maybe its more harsher features over the soft sculpt of the DX10 but I would definitely recommended the MMS117 over the DX if you're only getting one.

All of them are great with a few caveats. The MMS236 has a jacket that most likely has flaked due to age and ALL belts on any T2 T-800 figure won't hold.

I own all of them and my favorite has to be the MMS136 Tech Noir because it looks incredibly menacing. However if you only plan to get ONE Terminator, I would also suggest the route most people don't take- the T2 MM117 over the DX10. As cool as the DX10 is, there's something about the MMS117 that looks badass, maybe its more harsher features over the soft sculpt of the DX10 but I would definitely recommended the MMS117 over the DX if you're only getting one.

Excellent advise. Tech Noir is fantastic and probably the majority's favorite but there's just something about the MMS117 "Uncle Bob" that wins me over.

It was my first HT Terminator figure. I then picked up the T-1000 and in a moment of insanity, sold off both. Years later, regretting the day I sold them off, I was able to acquire them again. It led to a buying binge of HT Terminator figures and its one of my favorite collectibles lines. Ironically enough, I never picked up the Battle Damaged T-800 figure. Its the only one I'm missing.

It also depends on how you feel about the movies themselves. T2 was a fantastic film, the best of the series. But for me personally, I never was that happy with Arnold being the good guy (would have been a helluva twist if the trailers didn't ruin that).
So for me, the T1 figures are the most iconic (unstoppable, killing machines - as opposed to T2 kneecap machine), and from that film, even though he was in the tech noir outfit for longer, the motorcycle jacket with gargoyle sunglasses is the iconic look from that film, and on the posters.
If I could only keep 1 figure, it would be MMS238.

Isn't the 238 jacket ultra prone to flaking, though? That would be my main worry picking one up now, all these years later...

Back